Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    And Fettucchini, I guarantee you that no Chinese person who learned the sounds of the Latin alphabet is going to spell "Ze-Dong" as "Tse-Tsung," but that's how we spelled it for years. It's whoever came up with the first transliteration that makes the standard (unless the standard changes, like for Ze-Dong). No matter how much common sense may object.
    Maybe but I don't think any English speaking person who learned to speak Mandarin would spell it Tse-Tsung. Just as only someone who did not learn Japanese would spell anime with an acute sign. In Japan they have different hiragana and katakana for the words ni and ne. It's like saying someone who doesn't know German might spell what is actually wollen as vollen because they don't that a w sounds like a v in Germany.

Comment

What does ni/ne have to do with it?
      sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

come on guys just spell the damn word how you want and move on.
        seriously the real way to spell something is always distorted when its used in multiple languages and that's life.

Comment

Not to put presure on you, but when's the Episode ready???
          sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
            What does ni/ne have to do with it?
            Most people pronounce anime a-neh-me and I guess people would put the acute sign for correct pronunciation. In Japanese, though, you a have a symbol that makes the nie sound and a symbol that makes the neh sound. Someone who translated would have to know the symbols, and wouldn't need an acute sign to show pronunciation. Its like in a dictionary, just because its pronounced differently than its spelled, doesn't mean we start throwing acute signs or other pronunciation markers in.

Comment

Hi all,
              I just joined up to say how much I love this continuation! Ther Derkal are an amazing enemy and I am looking forward to further episodes...

A few questions:
              1. What is happening with Janus' ancient ship?

2. On a "powerful" scale, would the Jupiter and the Aurora be the most powerful ships in the Galaxy, or is the Jaffa's massive ships better or is the Derkal's massive ships better (Im talking in terms of 1 on 1 battles)

3. What of the Exarch? Is he pissed off the Derkal lost Earth? Is he impressed with the Tau'rie?

4. What is our current fleet strength?

5. Who is now on the Offensive/Defensive? Alliance or Derkal?

Thanks for your time, keep up the good work!

Comment

Well, the fleet is 2 305s, 2 304s and 3 303s?
                And then we got Janus's ship(I guess) and several 302s(bs), and Jumpers.
                sigpic

Comment

wasnt Janus Ship crash landed at the Beta site?
                  check my story's:
                  Battlestar group 16
                  and Under Siege
                  and respond at:
                  Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                  my newest story:
                  TFS Ticonderoga
                  and respond at:
                  TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

s09 said they were still repairing janus's ship because its still slightly screwed haha,
                    i thought it was 2 305s 3 304s 3 303s and a few jumpers with quite a few 302s and 302s
                    id have thought the derkal supership is the most powerful at the moment with the 305 the closest second and the hatako coming in at 3rd

but im probably wrong haha
                    Captain Simms

Comment

Originally posted by captain simms View Post
                      s09 said they were still repairing janus's ship because its still slightly screwed haha,
                      i thought it was 2 305s 3 304s 3 303s and a few jumpers with quite a few 302s and 302s
                      id have thought the derkal supership is the most powerful at the moment with the 305 the closest second and the hatako coming in at 3rd

but im probably wrong haha
                      I'd say the Nox ships are more powerful then the Hatako. Not sure if they stronger then 305s though.

Comment

good point i forgot about them haha
                        Captain Simms

Comment

i thought it was 2 305s 3 304s 3 303s and a few jumpers with quite a few 302s and 302bs
                          I think that you are right about that.

Dr. D
                          God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                          Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Simms, before the re-take of earth, we discused, and the result was that 7 ships survived...
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
                              Simms, before the re-take of earth, we discused, and the result was that 7 ships survived...
                              yeah we discussed after the fall of earth and we didnt know about the jupiter then
                              Captain Simms

Comment

Well the result was, 3 304s 3 303s, 1 305(later 2).
                                Ooops, I guess you where right
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X