No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Before the car crash, me and Wazmux also got beamd away, to the SS Wasa, and goes fishing on the SWEDISH VESSEL*(which takes us to a water world)
    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Bradly and Skydiver......
      Maybe the newest couple......
      And Inga and Simms, what are you going to name your first child?
      sigpic

The replicator isnt running away, he is just, um, shifting fase

Comment

Originally posted by Fettucchini View Post
        Nope directly translated it's anime. There are no dash thingys in the japanese language (discounting the mini circles and quotations which I forget the name of). The thingys are, like you said, for pronunciation. ah-nie-meh.
        Actually, that's not quite correct. Standard transliteration utilizes conventions of the target language, not the source. It's irrelevant whether Japanese utilizes the acute sign; the languages using the Latin alphabet do. Furthermore, the acute is (in this case) used to represent the stress: an-i-me, but typical English pronunciation has become an-i-me, so Link Æwondåslåmon's phonetic spelling is a regular colloquialism.

Confusion could ensue because normally macrons are used for stress.
        sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
          Actually, that's not quite correct. Standard transliteration utilizes conventions of the target language, not the source. It's irrelevant whether Japanese utilizes the acute sign; the languages using the Latin alphabet do. Furthermore, the acute is (in this case) used to represent the stress: an-i-me, but typical English pronunciation has become an-i-me, so Link Æwondåslåmon's phonetic spelling is a regular colloquialism.

Confusion could ensue because normally macrons are used for stress.
          Maybe i should go and ask one of my friend that studies japanese so that we could sort this out like friends.

Comment

is it really important how you spell anime?
            check my story's:
            Battlestar group 16
            and Under Siege
            and respond at:
            Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
            my newest story:
            TFS Ticonderoga
            and respond at:
            TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Originally posted by boeli View Post
              Not if you don't have any such punctuation signs on your keyboard.

Comment

Originally posted by boeli View Post
                Nerdfights™ are always important, regardless of the type of nerd you are!

Comment

ahaha!
                  Jeffala!haha OMG!
                  ahahahahaha!
                  You, you, Nerdfights TM!
                  *Falls on the floor laughing*
                  sigpic

Comment

It's the trademark that got you, isn't it?

Comment

that's gold

(jeffala)

Comment

that's gold

(jeffala)

Dr. D
                        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                          Well I mean it could happen depending on who actually translates it. But when I learned Japanese from Japanese people in Japan there were never acute signs in a translation. Ever. And I haven't ever seen any used when the Japanese use the romanji for it either.

Pure gold jeffala.

Comment

That's good, Jeffala.

And Fettucchini, I guarantee you that no Chinese person who learned the sounds of the Latin alphabet is going to spell "Ze-Dong" as "Tse-Tsung," but that's how we spelled it for years. It's whoever came up with the first transliteration that makes the standard (unless the standard changes, like for Ze-Dong). No matter how much common sense may object.
                            sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Yes Jeffala, the trade mark go me!
                              sigpic

Comment

LOL jeffala pure gold.

or should i say green?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...