Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
    Sam took off the ring. Jack is most definitely dead. Hopefully ascended, though.

(and we still don't know how he died, *cough cough*)
    We're getting to that. I need to leave some speculation now that Earth is finally taken back.

As for any questions about what is in Alliance hands at this time, see the map THE MAP
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Well we don't have Nueva.
      But we must have taken over some Shipyards on earth.
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Rawrtastic episode. I'm very much anticipating to see what you think would happen if the people of Earth have tasted the fist of an alien oppressor, and are now given the change to either work together and perhaps prevail, or work only for oneself and face certain defeat.

Me, I'm hopeful for us, there's nothing quite as bond-forming as having a common enemy, against whom revenge is a dish that needs to be served.

The Venii are also very intriguing to me, and I'm sure there's lots of stories to tell on that front. An unprovoked obliteration of one of their decentralised worlds... that would piss anyone off.

Perhaps even more of a pending question for me is: where are the Ori followers? They must feel some kind off debt for nearly wiping out a galaxy that had done nothing to them in the name of a false religion. Don't tell me they are _still_ trying to get things in order. Or can't they fly their ships without the priors?

Next up, my favorite, the Asschen, it looks like they are actively hugging the Der'kal area of conquest. Is this some kind of attempt to stop the Der'kal from encroaching on their turf? And, just as the Asschen aren't stupid, so are the Der'kal. They must know what kind of a threat they and their biological weapons pose. Especially after the Tau'ri managed to make an efficient Der'kal killer, having far less expertise in that kind of weaponry (and especially delivery systems, something which I believe the Asschen excel in).

Keep up the good work!

Comment

those aschen are little buggers aren't they?
          Continuing Stargate
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
          http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

which planet is helioplis located is it the same one as the first alliance or on a different planet
            sigpic

Comment

it is ernest's planet
              Continuing Stargate
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=50813

Stargate Universal Sin

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=67861

Stargate Dark Frontier
              http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=71213

Uttara Kuru- Afterimage (proper theme for stargate)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gPYc1boma8

Comment

Originally posted by Shinto-Male View Post
                it is ernest's planet
                but that was said to be close to earth I thought
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                  Rawrtastic episode. I'm very much anticipating to see what you think would happen if the people of Earth have tasted the fist of an alien oppressor, and are now given the change to either work together and perhaps prevail, or work only for oneself and face certain defeat.

Me, I'm hopeful for us, there's nothing quite as bond-forming as having a common enemy, against whom revenge is a dish that needs to be served.
                  We do seem to have a problem on that whole "uniting" front, unfortunately.

The Venii are also very intriguing to me, and I'm sure there's lots of stories to tell on that front. An unprovoked obliteration of one of their decentralised worlds... that would piss anyone off.
                  The Venii will be seen again, I assure you

Perhaps even more of a pending question for me is: where are the Ori followers? They must feel some kind off debt for nearly wiping out a galaxy that had done nothing to them in the name of a false religion. Don't tell me they are _still_ trying to get things in order. Or can't they fly their ships without the priors?
                  The Ori followers are making an appearance in "Desperate Times."

Next up, my favorite, the Asschen, it looks like they are actively hugging the Der'kal area of conquest. Is this some kind of attempt to stop the Der'kal from encroaching on their turf? And, just as the Asschen aren't stupid, so are the Der'kal. They must know what kind of a threat they and their biological weapons pose. Especially after the Tau'ri managed to make an efficient Der'kal killer, having far less expertise in that kind of weaponry (and especially delivery systems, something which I believe the Asschen excel in).
                  I think of it like the Nazis and Soviets in World War II; they're both a threat to the other, but neither can afford to simply attack without facing terrible losses. The Der'kal require someone to hold that front of the war, but, as you said, are now aware of their vulnerability to biological weapons, the one thing the Aschen are masters of. And the Confederation itself is thriving on the war, and they need it to prolong as long as possible; weaken the galaxy for their eventual rule with all the bloodshed, but if they betray their new allies, the Der'kal have more than enough ships to crush them.

Originally posted by janus 510 View Post
                  but that was said to be close to earth I thought
                  I retconned that to spread out the major galactic targets a bit.
                  Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                  Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Can't wait to see the ori again!
                    s09 could you give us a hunche?
                    How will they be?
                    sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

I have always wondered how the Der'kal would far up against the Ori...

Also do the der'kal heavily rely on tactics in ground battles (like we do in modern war) or are they more like the Jaffa? (Throw wave after wave of soldiers firing randomly at the the enemy)

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Will the Beta Site remain as a home for many humans?
                        sigpic

The replicator isnt running away, he is just, um, shifting fase

Comment

Originally posted by Wazmux View Post
                          Will the Beta Site remain as a home for many humans?
                          I think (and its just my guess) that they will keep some refuges at the beta site, as Earth is deep in enemy territory, but with the Der'kal moving on the eastern part of the galaxy, the Beta site itself is in danger aswell.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Until it says so in an episode or S09 says it, i still think O´neill is alive..
                            But that's just it. He did say it!

By the way, I have a question. Why do everyone refer to Ernest's planet as Heliopolis? When he mentioned Heliopolis in the episode he was merely referring to the ancient Egyptian city, and every time the planet has been mentioned in the series it has been referred to as Ernest's planet...

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                              But that's just it. He did say it!

By the way, I have a question. Why do everyone refer to Ernest's planet as Heliopolis? When he mentioned Heliopolis in the episode he was merely referring to the ancient Egyptian city, and every time the planet has been mentioned in the series it has been referred to as Ernest's planet...
                              We call it that because of this: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/110.shtml

Go onto the omnipedia and search Ernest. You find:

LITTLEFIELD, ERNEST
                              A scientist and engineer who worked with Professor Langford to try to unlock the secrets of the Stargate in 1945, Dr. Ernest Littlefield was the first man to travel through Earth's gate since the ancient Eyptians buried it. Littlefield realized that the glyphs on the Stargate made up destinations. He was also courting the professor's daughter, Catherine Langford, and was prepared to ask him for her hand in marriage.

Unfortunately, he was unable to do so. When the research team stumbled upon a valid gate address and activated a wormhole, Littlefield accepted a mission to step through. Believing the event horizon to be water, he dressed in a deep-sea diver's suit and given an air hose. When the gate deactivated, the hose was cut and Dr. Littlefield was believed to have perished. Dr. Langford informed his grief-stricken daughter that he perished in a lab accident.

Ernest was trapped on the deserted world for more than 50 years. There he had hallucinations of a life with Catherine as he discovered the mysteries of the world he gated to. Nicknaming the planet "Heliopolis," Ernest discovered that it had once been a meeting place for four advanced alien races. He translated much of the inscriptions, documenting everything, while putting up with a vicious weather pattern year after year.

When records of the accident in 1945 were uncovered by Dr. Daniel Jackson, Catherine was summoned to go through the gate with SG-1 to the world where Ernest had gone. They found him there, a frail and naked old man -- bitter about Earth never having sent anyone after him. He taught Daniel what he knew about the alien meeting place, and returned to Earth in the nick of time before the Stargate fell into the ocean in a terrible storm.

Ernest has been reunited with Catherine, and the two are living out their life together in peace.

PLAYED BY - Keene Curtis, Paul McGillion
                              FIRST APPEARED - The Torment of Tantalus

HELIOPOLIS
                              Nickname for "Ernest's Planet," PB2-908. After failed experiments to uncover the mysteries of the Stargate, Dr. Ernest Littlefield became trapped on this world. During his more than 50 years there, Littlefield determined that the planet was once a meeting place for the exchange of knowledge and culture for four great races -- who SG-1 later identified as the Asgard, the Nox, the Furlings, and the Ancients.

SG-1 rescued Dr. Littlefield from Heliopolis, only to discover that the planet's Stargate has fallen into the ocean. The planet is no longer reachable by Stargate.

HOME TO - Uninhabited
                              Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                              sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                                We call it that because of this: http://www.gateworld.net/sg1/s1/110.shtml

Go onto the omnipedia and search Ernest. You find:

LITTLEFIELD, ERNEST
                                A scientist and engineer who worked with Professor Langford to try to unlock the secrets of the Stargate in 1945, Dr. Ernest Littlefield was the first man to travel through Earth's gate since the ancient Eyptians buried it. Littlefield realized that the glyphs on the Stargate made up destinations. He was also courting the professor's daughter, Catherine Langford, and was prepared to ask him for her hand in marriage.

Unfortunately, he was unable to do so. When the research team stumbled upon a valid gate address and activated a wormhole, Littlefield accepted a mission to step through. Believing the event horizon to be water, he dressed in a deep-sea diver's suit and given an air hose. When the gate deactivated, the hose was cut and Dr. Littlefield was believed to have perished. Dr. Langford informed his grief-stricken daughter that he perished in a lab accident.

Ernest was trapped on the deserted world for more than 50 years. There he had hallucinations of a life with Catherine as he discovered the mysteries of the world he gated to. Nicknaming the planet "Heliopolis," Ernest discovered that it had once been a meeting place for four advanced alien races. He translated much of the inscriptions, documenting everything, while putting up with a vicious weather pattern year after year.

When records of the accident in 1945 were uncovered by Dr. Daniel Jackson, Catherine was summoned to go through the gate with SG-1 to the world where Ernest had gone. They found him there, a frail and naked old man -- bitter about Earth never having sent anyone after him. He taught Daniel what he knew about the alien meeting place, and returned to Earth in the nick of time before the Stargate fell into the ocean in a terrible storm.

Ernest has been reunited with Catherine, and the two are living out their life together in peace.

PLAYED BY - Keene Curtis, Paul McGillion

HELIOPOLIS
                                Nickname for "Ernest's Planet," PB2-908. After failed experiments to uncover the mysteries of the Stargate, Dr. Ernest Littlefield became trapped on this world. During his more than 50 years there, Littlefield determined that the planet was once a meeting place for the exchange of knowledge and culture for four great races -- who SG-1 later identified as the Asgard, the Nox, the Furlings, and the Ancients.

SG-1 rescued Dr. Littlefield from Heliopolis, only to discover that the planet's Stargate has fallen into the ocean. The planet is no longer reachable by Stargate.

HOME TO - Uninhabited
                                Not to mention the fact that he did actually call it "Heliopolis" at one point.

Comment

Working...
                                X