No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah. Diabetes is not nearly as bad as cancer. My Grandfather had pancreatic cancer. It was not easy.

And you guys do know that there are other options besides daily shots, right? Like an insulin regulator?
    sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

My dad had diabetes and then he had cancer and then he died of liver failure. That's back in 97. Diabetes is hereditary and I have it. My brothers and sisters and mom dont have it.

I have to take 2 kinds of insulin shot.

How come this thread became a support group for the diabetic instead of S019 fan story?
      sigpic
      The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Since snow & other factors have been preventing s09119 from writing, still nice to see some life in the thread

Comment

Yeah, we're all waiting patiently for "Sojourn" and what's wrong with making sure everyone is all right. we're all caring loving people here right?

Comment

Originally posted by Fleet Admiral - Earth View Post
            Yeah, we're all waiting patiently for "Sojourn" and what's wrong with making sure everyone is all right. we're all caring loving people here right?
            To borrow from Captain Sheridan B5 famous phrase "Abso fragging lutely"
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

A common virus may be the trigger for the development of many cases of diabetes, particularly in children, UK researchers have reported

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7926026.stm

First thing thought of when i heard this was of Elitenova.

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                A common virus may be the trigger for the development of many cases of diabetes, particularly in children, UK researchers have reported

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/7926026.stm

First thing thought of when i heard this was of Elitenova.
                That is very informative but I am a 30 years old man. The reason I got diabetes is because I drank too much coke, gatorade without proper excercise to burn my blood sugar.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                  That is very informative but I am a 30 years old man. The reason I got diabetes is because I drank too much coke, gatorade without proper excercise to burn my blood sugar.

Thats the reasong for many, i think
                  sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Believe me you do not want to go through that kind of agony.
                    Well, it's quicker, at least.

Comment

Focus on: Races...
                      Free People of Earth (Tau'ri)

Capital: Beta Site refugee colony
                      Largest Settlement: Beta Site refugee colony
                      Official Language(s): English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Arabic

Government: Parliamentary Republic (chartered), Emergency Senatorial Body (present)
                      Head of State: None at present, Samantha Carter de facto executive
                      Legislative Body: Free People's Assembly
                      Worlds Controlled: Beta Site
                      Population: ~10,000
                      Currency: None (chartered), United States dollar/bartering system (present)

Formed From: United Nations
                      Date of Establishment: March 6, 2013

The following is taken from the United Nations Historical Database, c. 2055
                      Organized as an interim government during the Der'kal Invasion, the Free People of Earth (FPE) was an integral force in preserving the unity of humanity during its exile from its homeworld. The brainchild of Dr. Danielle Talbot, the two-year commander of the International Stargate Command before its destruction, the organization aimed to replace the shattered United Nations as the face of the Tau'ri people to the galaxy and to heal the wounds of the various refugees who made their homes at the Beta Site. Within a month of its creation, a dedicated legislative assembly was drafted and brought together, forming...

...greatest example of ingenuity the galaxy had yet seen. During its first year of existence, the FPE struck devastating blows against the Der'kal armada, and was instrumental in the Alliance victories at (Removed due to international security concerns) and (Removed due to international security concerns). The remnants of the fleet that had escaped the devastating First Battle of Earth fared surprisingly well, beating odds stacked high against them and forcing the enemy ships to stay far from the sheltered Tau'ri colony. Under the command of the brilliant then-Colonel Samantha Carter, an operation was devised to rescue...

...the time it was dissolved to give greater authority to the new government, the FPE had achieved all of the goals envisioned by Talbot; humanity had at last united against a common threat, and against all odds, the coalition-that-could gave way to a new golden age for mankind.
                      Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                      Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Link Æwondåslåmon View Post
                        Well, it's quicker, at least.
                        I think that most of cancer patients would give a lot to only have Diabetes.

we're all caring loving people here right?

Very nice. I am looking forward to your next episode and more of these profiles.

Dr. Daedalus
                        God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
                        Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Several things I'd like to point out about So9's post above this.

"Then-Col Carter". Cool, at least she survives long enough to become a general.

This whole thing i believe is written in the past tense, so that means that the humna race survives in one form or another for a long time (Seeing as it is Stargate, dunno how that wouldn't be possible)

And- I love the sound of a new golden age for mankind. Sweet. Looking forward to whatever you are cooking up for us to feast on my friend.

Thanks.
                          Check out my music on Youtube and iCompositions.com

http://www.youtube.com/user/phildebrand2http://www.icompositions.com/artists/olympus/
                          sigpic

Enjoy!

Comment

And when is the episode done?
                            sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by SG-18 View Post
                              "Then-Col Carter". Cool, at least she survives long enough to become a general.
                              Or just to leave the military, yet still continue to do notable things.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                                Free People of Earth (Tau'ri)

Capital: Beta Site refugee colony
                                Largest Settlement: Beta Site refugee colony
                                Official Language(s): English, Spanish, French, Russian, Chinese, Arabic

Government: Parliamentary Republic (chartered), Emergency Senatorial Body (present)
                                Head of State: None at present, Samantha Carter de facto executive
                                Legislative Body: Free People's Assembly
                                Worlds Controlled: Beta Site
                                Population: ~10,000
                                Currency: None (chartered), United States dollar/bartering system (present)

Formed From: United Nations
                                Date of Establishment: March 6, 2013

The following is taken from the United Nations Historical Database, c. 2055
                                Organized as an interim government during the Der'kal Invasion, the Free People of Earth (FPE) was an integral force in preserving the unity of humanity during its exile from its homeworld. The brainchild of Dr. Danielle Talbot, the two-year commander of the International Stargate Command before its destruction, the organization aimed to replace the shattered United Nations as the face of the Tau'ri people to the galaxy and to heal the wounds of the various refugees who made their homes at the Beta Site. Within a month of its creation, a dedicated legislative assembly was drafted and brought together, forming...

...greatest example of ingenuity the galaxy had yet seen. During its first year of existence, the FPE struck devastating blows against the Der'kal armada, and was instrumental in the Alliance victories at (Removed due to international security concerns) and (Removed due to international security concerns). The remnants of the fleet that had escaped the devastating First Battle of Earth fared surprisingly well, beating odds stacked high against them and forcing the enemy ships to stay far from the sheltered Tau'ri colony. Under the command of the brilliant then-Colonel Samantha Carter, an operation was devised to rescue...

...the time it was dissolved to give greater authority to the new government, the FPE had achieved all of the goals envisioned by Talbot; humanity had at last united against a common threat, and against all odds, the coalition-that-could gave way to a new golden age for mankind.
                                if this is writen in the future possible after the derkal are defeated (how else could you start having a golden age) something must have happened to Earth as it is not the Capital.
                                check my story's:
                                Battlestar group 16
                                and Under Siege
                                and respond at:
                                Battlestar group 16 (For BSG 16 and Under siege)
                                my newest story:
                                TFS Ticonderoga
                                and respond at:
                                TFS Ticonderoga

Comment

Working...
                                X