Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
    Okay could you expalin that to the rest of us?
    hehe sure.. Reinfelt is the "Primeminister" in Sweden. and as it turned out, neither I or Rasunda likes him

...really not that interesting, and has nothing to do with this thread
    McKay: "We need the Zed-Pee-Em to power the gate."
    O'Neill: "Huh?"
    Daniel: "Zee-Pee-Em. He's Canadian."
    O'Neill (to McKay): I'm sorry.

Comment

We are sweds and bow for no one!
      sigpic

My fan-fic, swedish outpost

Comment

Originally posted by Yggdrasil View Post
        hehe sure.. Reinfelt is the "Primeminister" in Sweden. and as it turned out, neither I or Rasunda likes him

...really not that interesting, and has nothing to do with this thread
        aright thought it was somthing to do wtih my Halo refrence

was gona write back in irish but id didnt let me

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by Rasunda View Post
          HELL NO!I live about 1 Kilomiter=10miles? from Stockholm and...
          I'll rader hope that Gothenborg gets it from orbit!
          Caus if Stockholm goes the goverment dies and sweden would be throne in to caos.

I also belive that some weapons fier hamerd down of the south of Sweden becous if denmark got some then gothenburg and Skane should have got some.
          1 kilometer is definately not 10 miles haha where the hell r u from? lmao a mile is longer than a kilometer duh geez even us americans learn about other systems of measurement hehe and were the arrogant ones psh
          sigpic

A Cast Worth Remembering...

My Little Fanfic: Furling Expedition

Comment

People complaining they'd be dead because they were in a red zone probably wouldn't be dead (at least not from the bombardment), I think the author meant for red bombardment to be mostly infrastructural damage, whilst dark red zones would also imply severe casualties.

That said, I, living in Belgium, am hoping to be alive right now. It seems that the Der'kal only bear a really bad grudge against the French living on their western coast, and not the very densely populated (and quite industrialised) Belgium, Netherlands and West Germany (the grudge there was somewhat more mild ).

It's also interesting to note that Siberia has been left untouched. Even though the population there is not remarkably high and most certainly not very dense, it's got a really decent industrial base for churning out raw material.

Unfortunately, or perhaps fortunately according to some. China seems to have gotten it real bad, at about the same level as the US and Europe. They must've noticed it was the worlds premier finished goods manufacturer.

I'm left wondering about any kind of fast recovery scenario if we ever manage to take back Earth. There is no mistaking that getting back up from a terrible, terrible war can happen very fast indeed (look at West-Germany after WWII for instance), but this is only if it's managed correctly. Perhaps a little bit of resentment towards the Der'kal can go a very long way? You know, the feeling of "let's get those #*&@!é|@{§"
            Last edited by Sector; 16 February 2009, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
              For post numero 2000, I give you a sneak peak of what our wonderful homeworld looks like

Spoiler:

Red indicates an area of moderate bombardment; this is where most of the damage from orbit was inflicted.

Dark Red indicates an area of extreme bombardment; most of the deaths probably occurred here, in large population centers or places of interest.

Orange indicates an area of light bombardment; this is just the outskirts of the orbital attack, and you can expect to find these areas mostly undamaged.

And lastly, Grey indicates an area that received no major damage from orbital bombardment. Population and infrastructure will be mostly intact here.

Stay tuned for "Earthfall," coming this week on GateWorld Channel!
              oh man my whole country's (lebanon) is in a dark red area....guess that means everyone i know is dead now
              oh well......let s not dwell on the past....so when's the next episode gonna come out hehe kidding ,not tryin to rush u or anything take all the time u need,ur stories are worth the wait

Comment

Originally posted by Itzan View Post
                Whats with the extensive bombing of Northern-ish Canada? Over half of that area has like 500+ trees, or other large plants per person. I mean, do the Der'kal hate cows, and Pine trees, or something? I mean, there's probably more Russian People and infrastructure in their grey zone, then in the northern half of Canada that got bombarded.
                They don't know exactly where people live, they just have a rough idea of major population centers and the most-dangerous countries in terms of technological advancement. So, naturally, the West, China, and India/Pakistan took the heaviest beatings of all. Unfortunately for Canada, they happen to be Western, and a neighbor of the country perceived to be the most-threatening on the planet to them (the United States).
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                  They don't know exactly where people live, they just have a rough idea of major population centers and the most-dangerous countries in terms of technological advancement. So, naturally, the West, China, and India/Pakistan took the heaviest beatings of all. Unfortunately for Canada, they happen to be Western, and a neighbor of the country perceived to be the most-threatening on the planet to them (the United States).
                  But anyone with a decent thermal sensor can see there's nothing there except some inocent beavers.

Or maybe they realised that the Beaver is the second most destructive animal on the planet...

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                    But anyone with a decent thermal sensor can see there's nothing there except some inocent beavers.

Or maybe they realised that the Beaver is the second most destructive animal on the planet...
                    maybe by an amazing coincidence Beavers are there natural enemies

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Yes, the Beavers drove them from their home galaxy with their "dam-ships".
                      Originally posted by Craig Charles
                      "And the 'replicator' has just entered Sir Killalot's corner and Killalot is...urm...wait a minute... Sir Killalot has just been eaten by the 'replicator' and now there's two of them..."

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                        And Ironically every where they go, the Beavers are their hiding... and waiting...

Comment

Oh NOOO! The swedes are taking ower!! Gud bevare oss(for you english: God Save us all)
                          The real reason The der'kal didn't bombard sweden is because it's no threat to anyone.. But i think atleast the southern coast of sweden should have been hit by some bombardment... we don't really need those eastern danes...

Comment

Originally posted by Guest750 View Post
                            You forgot the Angry Beaver overlords, Daggett and Norbert, who commanded the enemy in the final battle that drove the Der'kal out into the galactic void...
                            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                              People complaining they'd be dead because they were in a red zone probably wouldn't be dead (at least not from the bombardment), I think the author meant for red bombardment to be mostly infrastructural damage, whilst dark red zones would also imply severe casualties.
                              Uh...yeah...I'm pretty sure I'm dead.
                              sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

I never thought I'd say this, but it's nice living in the grey zone. As for the occupation, I'm sure many are executed by the Der'kal, but we managed five years under the Nazi. We can manage two years under the Der'kal.

Comment

Working...
                                X