Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr. Daedalus View Post
    s09119, I have a question regarding your Atlantis continuation. Given that Earth's fleet was decimated in Star by Star will there be any Earth ships in Pegasus after Season 14 of SG-1? I know this is a long way out but I was just wondering. Thanks.

Dr. Daedalus
    Now if I told you that, it would ruin all the fun of Atlantis Sorry, but I'm not discussing any plot details of that continuation just yet.

Originally posted by Wazmux View Post
    Why don´t the Alliance produce more 305s? They are superior in battle and if like ten of them would attack the derkal forces they would cause very, VERY much damage. And it has after all been a year, Earth probably would have been able too built some 305s, so why did´t they?
    The Alliance isn't a government, it's just a coalition of major races. They work together but are still very-much separate entities, and the X-305 project was an Earth-only thing. And besides, the Free Jaffa have their Hak'tyl-class motherships and the Nox have their battlecruisers, both of which are roughly equal to the Jupiter in strength (though, naturally, the Asgard weapons give the X-305 an edge).

As for why no more have been built... the Tau'ri have no ship-building capabilities. They're stuck at the Beta Site, which was never meant to do anything more than be a small-scale military outpost. All construction was taking place on Earth or Nueva.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Phoar... Ok where do I start?

I've just spent the better half of two weeks reading all episodes, and it is a pretty epic undertaking you've done here. There are a few things I disagree with (such as the revealing of the stargate programme), but they work well with the story so that is fine.

A lot of people here have said that the episodes are just like their real-world counterparts, and in terms of writing this is partly true- but I think the style and elements of the plot are soundly different. This is no bad thing- you've successfully evolved SG-1 down a realistic and deep path. I like how many of the episodes are driven by the central story arc and impact on the arc in their own way.

Really look forward to more episodes, plus your Atlantis continuation. That looks mint
      Prepare for the future. My SGA fic

http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=61886

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
        Just so long as he doesn't do a Vegas or Trio. *shudders* Ugh, I hated those eps.
        Vegas wasn't bad, in my opinion, but that could just be bacause it was different.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
          Now if I told you that, it would ruin all the fun of Atlantis
          Sorry. . My mistake. When do you think Acts of Contrition will be done?

Dr. Daedalus
          God is the original transporter.

Acts 8:39b-40a: The Spirit of the Lord suddenly took Phillip away and the official did not see him again, but went on his way rejoicing. Philip, however, appeared at Azotus (an old city in ancient Israel) and traveled about.

He is also the author of love and justice:

Spoiler:
          Romans 5:8: But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

John 14:6: Jesus (Christ) answered: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

Comment

Originally posted by Darkside_Six View Post
            Phoar... Ok where do I start?

I've just spent the better half of two weeks reading all episodes, and it is a pretty epic undertaking you've done here. There are a few things I disagree with (such as the revealing of the stargate programme), but they work well with the story so that is fine.
            Well the Program (in my opinion) had to be revealed eventually; it was just getting way too unrealistic that no one noticed these things... and with the Ori attack, there really was no cover story.

A lot of people here have said that the episodes are just like their real-world counterparts, and in terms of writing this is partly true- but I think the style and elements of the plot are soundly different. This is no bad thing- you've successfully evolved SG-1 down a realistic and deep path. I like how many of the episodes are driven by the central story arc and impact on the arc in their own way.
            To be honest, I've always been more partial to science-fiction like Star Wars and Babylon 5, something with a grand plan that weaves together and converges back in on itself at different points in the story. And then realism is also something I love, and I couldn't just have the Der'kal not do very obvious, realistic things. Yes, it made SG-1 lose, and it made a few beloved characters and planets fall, but I think it really adds to the story; you don't always know the entire team will be coming back at the end of the episode.

And lastly, there's that "deep" aspect I crave in good fiction. I want what I write to have an impact on the reader, and so far I think I've done something to that effect; in my mind, the story of the ancient Alliance is the most profound, as (I think Vala) pointed out in "Lost and Found"... every member-race of the old group has sacrificed itself in some way to benefit the other peoples of the galaxy:

- The Ancients/Lanteans waged a hundred-year war against the Wraith to protect humanity.
            - The Asgard gave the Tau'ri all their knowledge before blowing up their homeworld to prevent the Ori from taking their technology.
            - The Furlings destroyed themselves to prevent the Der'kal from gaining access to their armada's databanks and discovering all the secrets of the Milky Way.

The only group to not do this yet is the Nox, but they've helped in their own way, re-creating the Alliance to defend the galaxy. The tale of these old and powerful races is one of deeply-flawed peoples rising above pettiness and cowardice to lay down their lives for others... something Earth has tried to do but that humanity as a species fails at (America and China, respectively). It's sort of a mirror, really; we represent the ultimate best and worst of the ancient Alliance, with unflinching bravery in some and terrible betrayal in others.

Really look forward to more episodes, plus your Atlantis continuation. That looks mint
            Thank you
            Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
            Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

looks like someone else is continuing atlantis http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63841

Also will there be any huge space battles like BAMSR?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                looks like someone else is continuing atlantis http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=63841
                Is it really a problem? This way we can have twice the fun.
                My Stargate Atlantis fanfictions - Wraith font
                Todd contacts Atlantis once more... (spoilers up to season 4) 1. Glimpse Into the Evil | 2. Of Wraith and Men (in progress)
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by bradly08 View Post
                  To be fair, I announced my intentions to do an Atlantis one months ago, way before anyone else started

Also will there be any huge space battles like BAMSR?
                  o.O Um, haven't quite gotten that far into the storyline haha.

Originally posted by Laura Dove View Post
                  Is it really a problem? This way we can have twice the fun.
                  Too true!

Comment

Why don´t the guys at the Beta Site just take the Jupiter and swings bye Earth and beam up people? There must be a whole lot of humans still on Earth ( and Neuva) so simply, why not?
                    sigpic

The replicator isnt running away, he is just, um, shifting fase

Comment

Originally posted by Wazmux View Post
                      Why don´t the guys at the Beta Site just take the Jupiter and swings bye Earth and beam up people? There must be a whole lot of humans still on Earth ( and Neuva) so simply, why not?
                      For starters, they'd need to locate said people (there aren't exactly major urban centers anymore...), and that would take time. As we saw in "Severed Dreams," the Jupiter can take on Hell of a beating, but even it can't go into a place as heavily-fortified as Earth will be and last more than a minute or two at best.

Comment

For starters, they'd need to locate said people (there aren't exactly major urban centers anymore...), and that would take time. As we saw in "Severed Dreams," the Jupiter can take on Hell of a beating, but even it can't go into a place as heavily-fortified as Earth will be and last more than a minute or two at best.
                        Realisticaly, if you spend any more time, it's not really a raid.

Couldn't they beam up houses and such to accomodate tthe said people, and equipment, and supplies?

Comment

Why not use some Tel'tak to make runs to Earth to look for people and supplies. They have such great possiblities and are not utilized very much.

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
                            Realisticaly, if you spend any more time, it's not really a raid.

Couldn't they beam up houses and such to accomodate tthe said people, and equipment, and supplies?
                            It's a massive risk for comparatively little gain. Why bother when they're not in dire need of housing or supplies?

Comment

Originally posted by Lt. Col. Mcoy View Post
                              Just so long as he doesn't do a Vegas or Trio. *shudders* Ugh, I hated those eps.
                              You didn't like 'Vegas'. I thought it was brilliant. Different, but brilliant. Agreed on 'Trio' though, that was really bad.

Fav Stargate Quotes

Spoiler:
                              Thanks! It'll be a walk in the park ... a very scary park, filled with monsters who are trying to kill me.

I like the yellow ones.

Operation "This Will Most Likely End Badly" is a go.

OH CRAP!!!

You need someone dumber than you are.... You may have come to the right place.

Comment

I couldn't decide if Vegas was a gore-fest, cheesy, bad writing, or horrible acting.

Maybe it's just me.
                                sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

Working...
                                X