No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Star By Star" as much a character-piece as a special-effects bonanza, says cast.
    In an exclusive interview with GateWorld, the cast of Stargate: SG-1 has revealed that the much-anticipated Season 14 finale movie, "Star By Star," is as much a two-and-a-half-hour block for the characters as it is for the event itself. According to team lead Amanda Tapping, "There are a lot of moments where you just... you get a window into these peoples' lives. The things you don't see when we're shooting up aliens or talking about the latest technology." In one scene taking place at the ISGC, she recalls a particularly difficult and uncharacteristically-selfish Jack O'Neill: "He just wants to protect her now that she's a part of his life, and it hurts that he can't always do it." Co-star Ben Browder also adds that it's not just the human characters that are getting treated, either. "A few of the Der'kal we've come to know over the past few seasons get their moments," he explains, "and you really get to see some of their personal motives, you know?"

But of course, at the end of the day it's all about the BOOM!, and "Star By Star" has plenty of that. "We watched the final cut and gasped at some of the effects," Reiko Aylesworth, who plays Dr. Danielle Talbot, was quoted as saying, "And as someone who generally prefers dramas to action shows, I was impressed." Claudia Black, who plays the smuggler-turned-heroine Vala Mal Doran, agreed.

"Basically, the end of the episode sets up the tone of Season 15," Michael Shanks, long-time actor of Dr. Daniel Jackson, told us, "When the screen finally fades out for the last time, you know that the next season is just going to blow you away. There are so many plots being thrown up in the air it feels like they can never all come back down, but I've seen what the writers have in store, and may I just say that this may be the best Stargate I've seen in a good, long while."

"Star By Star" is expected to air before the New Year.
    Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
    Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

*Gasp* A writer who fixes their own plot holes. You are a true god among men
      This isn't Atlantis?
      I don't think so.
      If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

somebody's rather modest about their writing....
        [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

Originally posted by Apollo214 View Post
          somebody's rather modest about their writing....
          Gotta drum up hype haha.
          Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
          Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Ha, very nice.
            [kick ass signature coming soon]

Comment

hi, just like 2 say iv read start 2 where we are now over the last week an OMG y the hell didnt i come across this sooner, I FLIPPING LOVE IT. keeps me goin till the next sg1 movie, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant wait 4 star by star, if u do what i think ur gunna do i will not b happy, u cant kill Walter, Hammad of Texas, Bra'tac and other ppls its not fair lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Richwallwin View Post
                hi, just like 2 say iv read start 2 where we are now over the last week an OMG y the hell didnt i come across this sooner, I FLIPPING LOVE IT. keeps me goin till the next sg1 movie, arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr cant wait 4 star by star, if u do what i think ur gunna do i will not b happy, u cant kill Walter, Hammad of Texas, Bra'tac and other ppls its not fair lol.
                Well Hammond is already dead in the universe (since the actor died recently and all), so I can't kill him off

And "Star By Star" needs to be epic... something needs to surpass the love of "The Time Traveler," and that wasn't even a season ender episoder!

Comment

wot the hell whn did he die, my brains gone 2 mush

Comment

Spoiler:
                    In Enemy at the gate Carter ( i think) says Hammond died of a heart attack
                    ^^^^Don't read if you don't know anything about EotG
                    This isn't Atlantis?
                    I don't think so.
                    If this is not the Lost City…then where is it?

SGU= Awesome Eli is so me =P

Comment

Originally posted by Dark lord me View Post
                      Spoiler:
                      In Enemy at the gate Carter ( i think) says Hammond died of a heart attack
                      ^^^^Don't read if you don't know anything about EotG
                      Which screws with my story because I had Hammond dying in "Flight of the Phoenix"... I'll have to edit that episode later to take out the funeral scene.

Comment

Well if star by star doesnt air in less than 24 hours(from this post), then I will have to wait a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                          Well if star by star doesnt air in less than 24 hours(from this post), then I will have to wait a while.
                          It's mostly just editing and review now, the writing itself is nearly complete.

And for the record, I expect two things from this episode: you will either love it more than anything else I have ever written, ever... or you will hate it with a fiery passion that starts a rebellion against my fanfiction

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                            It's mostly just editing and review now, the writing itself is nearly complete.

And for the record, I expect two things from this episode: you will either love it more than anything else I have ever written, ever... or you will hate it with a fiery passion that starts a rebellion against my fanfiction
                            I never your fanfiction Kidding. Who wants to start a rebellion against your fanfiction. But I like to start a rebellion against fan series that was never complete.
                            sigpic
                            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
                              I would hate to have to kill you now!

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
                                I never your fanfiction Kidding. Who wants to start a rebellion against your fanfiction. But I like to start a rebellion against fan series that was never complete.
                                Like mine?

Comment

Working...
                                X