No announcement yet.

Continuing Stargate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

why would the chinese ambassador give vital information to the spy? She knows that the Der'kel will betray them.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
      why would the chinese ambassador give vital information to the spy? She knows that the Der'kel will betray them.
      Perhaps she thought that this was the only way that the Chinese could be spared--even if just a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova View Post
        Let's pretend a seemingly-unstoppable alien menace is devastating the galaxy piece-by-piece. You know you stand almost no chance of stopping this race, and your entire planet will no-doubt be destroyed in the fighting. So, if you hate most other people on your planet anyways, do you help your neighbors try and fight off the foe, or sell them out in the hope that the aliens will appreciate your assistance and leave you, a power that can do nothing to hurt them whatsoever, alone?
        Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
        Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

That's kinda' what I thought: from their view, they will probably end up dead either way, so why not try the road that seems a little more promising.

They don't know this is a TV show where Earth inevitably wins in the end (even if it takes a while).
          sigpic

The New GateWorld Virtual Fleet Database

Comment

OMFG great eppy ever. Its your best one to date. Cant wait for the next one.

Comment

This was thrilling to read, just amazing.

So what are we going to do with the chinese now? I would be seriously pissed off, I guess everyone is right now. What they did was basically an act of war. At the very least every single military installation they have should be bombarded from orbit, nothing less. Going a little bit further and destroying the political leadership would also be a good idea.

It would leave the country reeling, but would also give their people a chance to see the mistakes that have been made, and to elect a government that would never do such a terrible thing.

That said, is the Alliance going to help us now, even if they do have ships in our sector? From the outside, it would look like Earth totally bailed on the Jaffa, and on others in the past, despite black-on-white agreements.

And one last thing... isn't that super space tank we were building supposed to be finished by now? I also can't imagine only one would be in the process of being built, despite its cost. I think anyone would be willing to see that the future of humankind has no price, if it can be built, then build it... the combined economic (and scientific) output of the US, EU, Canada, Australia and Russia is a gigantic ****load, certainly there is something in the works...

Thanks for writing these episodes, they brighten these dark (yet cozy) christmas days

Comment

Originally posted by Sector View Post
                This was thrilling to read, just amazing.
                Thank you

So what are we going to do with the chinese now? I would be seriously pissed off, I guess everyone is right now. What they did was basically an act of war. At the very least every single military installation they have should be bombarded from orbit, nothing less. Going a little bit further and destroying the political leadership would also be a good idea.
                The ramifications of the Chinese betrayal will be looked at in "Star By Star." At present, I can tell you that China has no-doubt been targeted by every nuke the West has, and the 304 fleet is taking up bombardment positions should they prove necessary; I doubt the Chinese will just roll over and take what's coming to them in silence.

It would leave the country reeling, but would also give their people a chance to see the mistakes that have been made, and to elect a government that would never do such a terrible thing.
                Although with the Der'kal only a few hours away, this may not really be the time...

That said, is the Alliance going to help us now, even if they do have ships in our sector? From the outside, it would look like Earth totally bailed on the Jaffa, and on others in the past, despite black-on-white agreements.
                There's something else to remember here, too; almost the entirety of the Alliance fleet (or at least the ships not on patrol, guard duty, etc.) were pulled out to defend Dakara, and now they're trapped there. The Der'kal still have interdictors all over that system, and every last one is going to have to be destroyed before the Alliance can move on to Earth, if they even want to by that point.

And one last thing... isn't that super space tank we were building supposed to be finished by now? I also can't imagine only one would be in the process of being built, despite its cost. I think anyone would be willing to see that the future of humankind has no price, if it can be built, then build it... the combined economic (and scientific) output of the US, EU, Canada, Australia and Russia is a gigantic ****load, certainly there is something in the works...
                The Jupiter should be rolling out of production now, yes.

Thanks for writing these episodes, they brighten these dark (yet cozy) christmas days
                Anytime And expect a preview of "Star By Star" soon!
                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

I'm totally shocked! The Chinese deserve what's coming. But I'm not to sure about destroying the Atlantus Outpost though.

Comment

Just for clarification was it atlantis or the antarctic drone platform that was hit from orbit?

Comment

Originally posted by RubberJesus View Post
                      Just for clarification was it atlantis or the antarctic drone platform that was hit from orbit?
                      Well, since Atlantis is in the Pegasus Galaxy...

The "Atlantus Outpost" is what the "city of Atlantis" sat on while it was located on Earth. We lost the drone platform.

Comment

The galaxy falls world by world, "Star By Star"
                        For thousands of years, a dark and devastating enemy lay in the shadows just beyond the Milky Way, watching and waiting as the galaxy shifted. The Goa'uld fell, the Ori were repelled, and a great Alliance was born. And two years ago, the floodgates were at last opened, and the bloodbath began. The Der'kal are an unstoppable foe, possessing numbers and technology that simply cannot be beat. They control a third of the civilized galaxy, with billions under their oppression, and at long last, they're coming for the longest-standing bastion of freedom; Earth.

With an alien armada only hours away and the Alliance incapable of moving to help, SG-1 scrambles to mount any sort of defense for their homeworld. While Carter and Mitchell prepare to lead the fractured pieces of humanity into battle (a daunting task given the closeness of world war), Jackson and Vala embark on an eleventh-hour quest to find a saving grace from the past. But one crucial question remains... despite all they have done and all their bravery, when they stand alone against the night, can the Tau'ri hold the line?

"Star By Star" will guest star Richard Dean Anderson as Gen. Jack O'Neill, Sebastian Spence as Delek, _______ _______ as Lor'al, _____ ______ as Vur'naa, Evangeline Lilly as Col. Via Sanders, and many more (that cannot be mentioned for spoiler reasons)!

Comment

I wonder who your going to kill this time...

Comment

Everybody!!!!!

Muahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Comment

Is the entire Der'kal fleet heading to Earth or part of it?

Because if the entire fleet is heading to Earth the only thing I can think of that can help us is Pandora's Box.

Also Earth maybe our homeworld but at least we have the privilege of retreating to Atlantis, and as far as I know they dont know about us being in the Pegasus Galaxy. The Jaffa, Nox and Tok’ra don’t have that.

Finally, is there any motive for the invasion?

"Oddly, this is familiar to you, as if it were from an old dream, but you can't exactly remember..."

Comment

One can most likely be sure that if the traitors told them about the Outpost in the Antarctic then they were also told about the Expedition in Pegasus.

Comment

Working...
                                X