• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i thought bob was your uncle
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

i havent' read enough to know what the story is all about. i'm afraid that i fell behind when i traveled and never quite got caught up.

If folks who are familar with the story would like to PM me title suggestions i can take a look and put up a poll. or we can present the list of suggestions to kamil and julia and see if one of them fits

For me, a title is sometimes harder than the story. It needs to convay something about the story, without giving it all away.

it can be a theme of the story, an image, a line from it, just something that tells you about it in 6 words or less - generally speaking. Personally i find long titles too unweildy

so, pm me some suggestions please and i'll get with Julia and Kamil and see if we're to choose the title of if they'd like to bear the suggestions in mind and if they'd like to choose it.

I woudl have no issue with them choosing the title since ti was all their idea after all. But i'm just one writer of many in this endeavor.

sigpic

Comment

I am wondering where we might put deejay's name. She's still in the list (which needs to change to avoid confusion) but it would be nice if somewhere in the book we can mention her, do you think?
        scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
          I am wondering where we might put deejay's name. She's still in the list (which needs to change to avoid confusion) but it would be nice if somewhere in the book we can mention her, do you think?
          I think we NEED to put her name in it... maybe under the writers or so... I don't really know where but I really think her name should be in it...

As for titles...I really don't have any idea at all...I think there are more creative people around...Maybe some of the people who haven't been written can come up with a title they think would fit

Comment

for titles...brain storm. YOu've read it...what few words/phrases sum it up? If you had to describe it in 6 words or less, what would you call it?

As to deejay, we can talk to julia and kamil about it. I'm all for her remaining on the author list in some way cause...well she's been here in spirit.
            I'll talk to julia about it, and i'll also try to give the story a read, see if i can come up with some title suggestions.

That's not to stop others from putting in their two cents either.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              for titles...brain storm. YOu've read it...what few words/phrases sum it up? If you had to describe it in 6 words or less, what would you call it?

As to deejay, we can talk to julia and kamil about it. I'm all for her remaining on the author list in some way cause...well she's been here in spirit.
              I'll talk to julia about it, and i'll also try to give the story a read, see if i can come up with some title suggestions.

That's not to stop others from putting in their two cents either.
              Not to sound like a tempermental artist, but I'd like to be the one who puts the title on my cover page. Sorry, I kind of already have an idea where I'd like it, so I'm excercising my right to put it on. Hope everyone understands.
              sigpic
              I prefer to be called Sunny, Sun or SK. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by RepliCartertje View Post
                I think we NEED to put her name in it... maybe under the writers or so... I don't really know where but I really think her name should be in it...

As for titles...I really don't have any idea at all...I think there are more creative people around...Maybe some of the people who haven't been written can come up with a title they think would fit
                Maybe we could list her as : Cheerleader Extrodinaire all by herself.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SunKrux View Post
                  Maybe we could list her as : Cheerleader Extrodinaire all by herself.
                  Spiritual Advisor?

Comment

Ok, I need to know if this is the correct list of authors for the story:
                    Julia
                    Denise/Skydiver
                    Shimmering Star
                    Mandy
                    Tagger & Denise
                    Strix Varia
                    Oober
                    scifi thinker
                    chopin
                    gategal
                    reganX
                    annsgc-fan & JanSam
                    tracy jane
                    shimmering star
                    deejay
                    scarimor
                    NZBG - annsgc-fan
                    gategirl422- mandy aka megyn&mandy
                    Dancer of Spaz
                    Myrth
                    Chelle and RCtje
                    Jena(L.A. Doyle) and SCRWriting
                    Poz & MG

Kamil

I also need to know if folks want just their GW handles or their given names listed. Either or OR Both is acceptable, I just need to know. I need to get this done before the 15th and as you all know, I HAVE to start packing this week.

Thanks for your help! I really appreciate it.
                    I've given Julia my name preference for the 'eyes only' page, but if you do end up putting all the names on the cover - ShimmeringStar (no space between)
                    Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                    My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by SG1Poz View Post
                      Spiritual Advisor?
                      dunno...whatever folks want to list her as.

*is so out of the loop with deejay
                      sigpic

Comment

Please use scifithinker rather than scifi thinker for my name. No space.

Personally, I like titling it "The Samanda Story".
                        sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                        May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Not to sound like a tempermental artist, but I'd like to be the one who puts the title on my cover page. Sorry, I kind of already have an idea where I'd like it, so I'm excercising my right to put it on. Hope everyone understands.
                          hey, not a problem. Just offering my services if your schedule got icky.

sigpic

Comment

our lovely deejay hasn't been here much. She's having a little issue with some renegade cells and is doing her darndest to evict the little beggers.

But it's been a tough fight so she's not been feeling well lately.

I do however, have it on good authority that she's been feeling a bit better and just might be able to visit us soon

sigpic

Comment

She needs some Sam Carter cells to go in there and put a few Mark IX's into those renegade territories, that's what she needs. And lots of SAMANDA LOVE - which she already has!

((( HUGGLES DEEJAY )))

Live On Stage in Toronto - August 8,9,10 2008
                              ~all proceeds to benefit charity~

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                our lovely deejay hasn't been here much. She's having a little issue with some renegade cells and is doing her darndest to evict the little beggers.

But it's been a tough fight so she's not been feeling well lately.

I do however, have it on good authority that she's been feeling a bit better and just might be able to visit us soon

It will be great to see Deejay online again! She has been fighting very bravely!

CONGRATS TO EVERYONE that has written, beta'd, cheered or designed the cover!!!! Great work everyone!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X