This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by scifithinker View Post
    The muon radiation almost killed Sam and Jack in "Crystal Skull." The only reason they survived is because Jack got them back to Earth in time. He collapsed on the ramp as soon as he got Sam, who was already unconscious, home. For that reason, I'm inclined to think that the radiation readings were from malfunctioning equipment rather than from actual radiation, at least after the first few moments.
    I think I agree with you. If the radiation levels were very high then the story would have to be very short or Sam would have to find away to reduce the levels in a hurry.

Comment

One more thing. In the recent couple of days, Strix and ÜberSG-1Fan experienced problems sending emails to my [email protected] address. In fact, they seemed to be affected only when attempting to send attachments to this address. That's exactly why they couldn't send it - because of attachments. The webmaster email address is primarily used for the website's communication and refusing to accept attachments is one of the ways to stop spam (this is the main domain's email address, so the spammers love it). Obviously, I do not want to change the settings on this address as it would open it up to spammers, can't have that.

Which is why I've set up a different email address specifically for the Samanda Story purposes. In the future, if you could send me your writing pieces to [email protected]

Thanks
      Kamil
      sigpic

Comment

Ok, the only reason I'm so confused is because I haven't read the story yet, right? This will all make sense when I do, correct? You don't have to be a super genius to write this, do ya? *bites fingernails* Oh dear.

Last edited by L.A. Doyle; 06 January 2007, 12:38 PM. Reason: Can't spell! Oy!

Comment

Woo, hoo! Good job Oooober! Great characterizations of Sam, Jack, and Daniel! Loving it!

Comment

Originally posted by kamjul View Post
            One more thing. In the recent couple of days, Strix and ÜberSG-1Fan experienced problems sending emails to my [email protected] address. In fact, they seemed to be affected only when attempting to send attachments to this address. That's exactly why they couldn't send it - because of attachments. The webmaster email address is primarily used for the website's communication and refusing to accept attachments is one of the ways to stop spam (this is the main domain's email address, so the spammers love it). Obviously, I do not want to change the settings on this address as it would open it up to spammers, can't have that.

Which is why I've set up a different email address specifically for the Samanda Story purposes. In the future, if you could send me your writing pieces to [email protected]

Thanks
            Kamil
            Ooopsie. My bad. I forgot what the address was and figured sending it to your webmaster address would suffice.

Hey Skydiver, can you add the email address to your instructions?
            Originally posted by Gate gal View Post
            Woo, hoo! Good job Oooober! Great characterizations of Sam, Jack, and Daniel! Loving it!
            Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

I think I agree with you. If the radiation levels were very high then the story would have to be very short or Sam would have to find away to reduce the levels in a hurry.

or the aliens, realizing that the muon radiation is hurting the humans, fix the damage or put something in the air/water/whatever to nullify the radiation and make them immune to it

Originally posted by ÜberSG-1Fan View Post
              Hey Skydiver, can you add the email address to your instructions? Thank you. I'm glad you're enjoying it.
              added, or will be as soon as i write this post
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I haven't read the latest either, but this is getting really exciting! Like Strix, I'm curious about who put them in the hole. How many bad guys are we dealing with here? Were they put in the hole for their own protection or are they supposed to be the newest recruits for the ghost army? If the hole was for their protection then what kind of danger is Sam in now that she is seperated from the team? Also, how long can Teal'c live without his symbiote and how much time has passed? This story could go in so many different directions right now!
                How exactly does Jaffa physiology depend on the symbiote? If it serves only as a substitute for an immune system, then Teal'c would be okay without it for a while as long as he didn't get hurt or come into contact with any kind of contagions but if other systems depend on a symbiote, he'd be in trouble.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

The muon radiation almost killed Sam and Jack in "Crystal Skull." The only reason they survived is because Jack got them back to Earth in time. He collapsed on the ramp as soon as he got Sam, who was already unconscious, home. For that reason, I'm inclined to think that the radiation readings were from malfunctioning equipment rather than from actual radiation, at least after the first few moments.
                  Could the aliens have made Sam think that the radiation levels were higher than they actually were, or that they were there in the first place?

If they are observing her, maybe they could have implanted the suggestion to monitor her reaction.

Sig courtesy of RepliCartertje

Comment

Originally posted by Strix varia View Post
                    And there's nothing wrong with sticking them in a pit! I just want to know why the aliens put them there!
                    Me too! Is it because they don't want them interferring? Or are they scared of them? Or do they have some sort of nefarious plan for them?
                    Question: has it been stated that the aliens were responsible for putting them in the pit? Has it yet been stated that someone put them there, or is there room for another explanation?
                    scarimor

Comment

Originally posted by scarimor View Post
                      Question: has it been stated that the aliens were responsible for putting them in the pit? Has it yet been stated that someone put them there, or is there room for another explanation?
                      We know they ended up there but so far no explanation has been given as to how it happened.

I just spoke to scifithinker btw and she's come up with a really great idea.

...You're ALWAYS Welcome in Samanda: Amanda's Community of New Fans and Old Friends...

Comment

That is one way to take it, if you look at S/J at the beginning of CS. However the whole team stayed at the end of CS, radiation spiked (plot hole I'm sure) and no ill effects. But Daniel, who was out-of-phase with the others, was in the CS cave much longer than the others, didn't suffer any ill effects at all.

Originally posted by scarimor
                        I know Julia's said that there are humans around - and I'm speaking a little in the dark because I haven't read the latest written - but if the tunnels are escape tunnels they seem to be too narrow and inaccessible. But the notion that the humans hide underground is a cool one - it is plausible and it allows a way in for Sam (or Teal'c; or Jack and Daniel) to make contact; or for SG-1 and the human resistance to gain access to the tech, perhaps.
                        *nods* Yep that was what I mean... sorry for the hit and run post this a.m. .... I agree, the smaller of the tunnels like the one Tagger (and Denise) had Sam slithering through aren't livable.... Those tunnels would only would be links between the caverns/other places they live in with lots of dead ends, false paths like in ant hills and other underground dwellers' homes.....
                        Originally posted by ÜberSG-1
                        I just heard back from Kamil and he is posting my fork right now!
                        Just read it, very good! (((((Überstoryteller))))
                        Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
                        My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

We know they ended up there but so far no explanation has been given as to how it happened.

Cool!
                          scarimor

Comment

Wow, great ideas everyone, I had no idea so much research went into fan - fic, it's really cool. Makes me appreciate authors more!

The energy net idea was really neat. Could the energy net and the force field they originally came to investigate be different applications of the same technology? Maybe the reason Sam was OK with the muon radiation was a protective energy net counter- radiation or electromagnetic field. Daniel and Jack are another story, though!

Original thought is something I lack, but I love science and would be happy to be a research flunky for any science questions if needed. Happy to be punctuation/ spell checker as well, if needed.

Can't wait for next section!
                            Last edited by tagger; 06 January 2007, 09:35 PM.
                            Words have tremendous power. The right words spoken by the right people at the right times can lift up communities, transform lives, mend relationships, break hearts—even topple empires.
                            Quint Studer

Comment

Very good point. At the end of CS, as Shimmeringstar counters above, all seem to be safe as the skull spikes once again. How did Daniel "know" that they would all be safe if they returned to get him out-of-phase? Was he receiving some kind of telepathic messages from the gods? Are these Mayan/Aztec gods related to the ghosts in our story? Quetzalcoatl is named as the huge white god who invites Ballard to stay at the end and he's Aztec. I haven't checked on Ammut yet but the Mayans had some nasty guys floating around too ...

I've been researching gods at www.godchecker.com It's a neat site and boggles the mind!

Well, the baton has been passed to scifithinker now! I like that we are trying to treat this as a relay race - get in, make your points and hand the baton on to the next teammate - we've got a nice rhythm and flow going if we keep up that pace! Fun, isn't it?!

Energy net and thought control great ideas, Uber!
                              Last edited by ChopinGal; 07 January 2007, 06:04 AM.

Comment

I just hired Über as my press secretary. How do you think she's doing?

Originally posted by tagger View Post
                                Wow, great ideas everyone, I had no idea so much research went into fan - fic, it's really cool. Makes me appreciate authors more!
                                I've found that research can spark the reluctant muse in addition to making the story believable once I actually write. I'll be doing some more of it once I get home from church. I've figured out about 85% of what I'll write, but the last part is always a bear.
                                sigpic

In memory of Deejay.
                                May we all be so well loved.

Comment

Working...
                                X