This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beyond The Gate: An SG-1/ James Bond Crossover

I've been working on a Bond fan fiction piece for about two years and am finally coming to the end of it. Thinking of what I should do for my next project I've got an idea for a James Bond / SG-1 crossover titled Beyond The Gate.

Here's a breif syphnosis:

James Bond is assigned to protect the British Prime Minister while visting the SGC during a vist to the United States. All goes accoding to plan as Bond, the Prime Minister, and 0013 Carla Midnight (a character from my previous fan fiction piece) meet General Landry, SG-1, and the personal of the SGC..

But things suddenly go wrong when an SG team is attacked off world, their IDC stolen, and a team of Ori-beleiving Jaffa come through the gate. Bond, Carla and SG-1 must now team up to rescue the Prime Minister and General Landry from their position in the lower levels of the SGC and stop the self-destruct device from going off.

Comments? Questions? Cursings? Concerns?

timdalton007
    Last edited by timdalton007; 02 November 2006, 12:33 PM. Reason: Adding more details and fixing spelling

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
    I've been working on a Bond fan fiction piece for about two years and am finally coming to the end of it. Thinking of what I should do for my next project I've got an idea for a James Bond / SG-1 crossover titled Beyond The Gate.

Here's a breif syphnosis:

James Bond is assigned to protect the British Prime Minister while visting the SGC during a vist to the United States. All goes accoding to plan as Bond, the Prime Minister, and 0013 Carla Midnight (a character from my previous fan fiction piece) meet General Landry, SG-1, and the personal of the SGC..

But things suddenly go wrong when an SG team is attacked off world, their IDC stolen, and a team of Ori-beleiving Jaffa come through the gate. Bond, Carla and SG-1 must now team up to rescue the Prime Minister and General Landry from their position in the lower levels of the SGC and stop the self-destruct device from going off.

Comments? Questions? Cursings? Concerns?

timdalton007
    That sounds interesting, albeit very difficult. Go for it, see how it works, and more power to you. I'd never be able to pull off anything like that.

Member of W.A.S.P. ~ My Fan Fiction ~MySpace ~ Thanks to *E*K*R* for the sig!

Comment

Sounds really interesting, I look forward to reading it when you're done!

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
      Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

Its sounds pretty gd; but i think having its set offworld would be better. Instead of it beign through the SGC we could have JB and SG1 go offworld in full stealth/spy/gadget mode. Armed to the teeth with all this super advanced alien gadgetry (with carter playing the role of Q naturally).
        The Priors take the President, wollsey, G.Oniel's and Landry and the PM and take them to a new base. It would be cool because the SG1 team have to sneak about which they can do but with JB they can also make it devilisly cool. Oh and we have to include Baal, hes soo good as a bad guy. In fact screw the Priors, its just the Baal's vs Bond and SG1. I would pay to see that.
        sigpic
        You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
        Stargate : Genesis |
        Original Starship DesignThread
        Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
        11000! green me

Comment

That was kinf of my idea orignanly immhotep . But then the Scourage came out and it just kind of seemd lieka rip-off of that episdoe so that's why it was set at the SGC. But since you liked the diea of it being off world I might just return to that setting..

timdalton007

Comment

Originally posted by timdalton007 View Post
            That was kinf of my idea orignanly immhotep . But then the Scourage came out and it just kind of seemd lieka rip-off of that episdoe so that's why it was set at the SGC. But since you liked the diea of it being off world I might just return to that setting..

timdalton007
            Go with whatever seems to work best in your opinion. You're the writer. Though I'll say your first proposal sounds a little better to me, a little more grounded in the reality of the two franchises. I'm working on crossovers of my own, and I've formed the opinion that you need to preserve the integrity of your source material as much as you can, bending them to merge together without breaking them.

In this case, the idea of Bond being a bodyguard to the PM while he visits an American military base doesn't sound too far fetched for that franchise, IMO. Meanwhile, the US president has been to the SGC, so a foreign head of state visit is inevitable. And SG-1 hasn't done a good base invasion story in several years.

a time to mourn

Comment

Thanks Hatcheter. It'll be awhiel before I'll post the first chapter so feel free to throw some ideas at me until then!

timdalton007

Comment

just for the record scrap my idea of Baal vs bond and SG1, i just watched insiders and thats all i could have want
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Suggest you change the last name of your female character unless you know of actual real people with that name. Midnight is a little corny in my opinion, but then, Bond did have some corny female names.
                  Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Oh, and this is probably a great thread to include this blatant and shameless Cliff Simon promotion. Yes, Immhotep, I'm at it again.

Wouldn't Cliff be an awesome Bond Villain? And surprise, surprise...he likes the idea. So, if you agree, please let the Bond Movie producers know by writing to them. The address is:

Ms. Barbara Broccoli, Producer
                    Eon Productions
                    Eon House
                    138 Piccadilly
                    London, W1J 7NR
                    United Kingdom

Sorry, I don't have an e-mail address, unless one of the U.K. based fans could find it for me and post it.

Thanks.

Arctic Goddess
                    Visit me on http://wormholeriders.com/

Comment

Me like the original idea, maybe include some Splinter Cell as well since it ties into the whole spy with gadget thigney

Comment

Working...
                      X