Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Stargate : Alterus" - What Do you Think?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Stargate : Alterus" - What Do you Think?

"Stargate : Alterus"
    Back Story Series, Furlings and More!, AN Idea By the One and Only Skate Zilla!!!

Series Premiere/Pilot Episode starts with Ori and Alterans Living together,
    Omas Voice Narrates, "Previously On Stargate SG1 and Stargate Atlantis" (Fill In All the Backstrory From Morgan, Merlin, Orlin, Daniel, Anubis, Ohma, and the Ori in the Order we previously aquired it), Then Scene Opening with Caption "Ori Galaxy - xx,xxxx Million/Thousand Years Ago"

Seasons 1-3 - Cover the Ori / Alterans Fallout and Separation,
    Spoiler:
    The 3 Season Arc will cover the Separation of the Ori and Alterans, what led to teh separation, and why the alterans chose to leave, and the ori's last ditch effort to stop them, and the Ori's Acension to Power, Season 3 Finale will be the Alterans Departing the Ori Galaxy In Their Flying City [Atlantis]

Seasons 4-6 - Cover The Milky Way storyline
    Spoiler:
    The 3 Season Arc Covering the Evential Alliance between the 4 Races (Asguard, Furlings, Alterans, and Knox.), The Building of Dakara, The Discovery of the Gau'ould, The Story and details on the Mysterious Plague, where it came from and and its purpose, and how it got here, Season 6 Finale Will be the Alterans Packing Up Atlantis To Depart to the Pegasus Galaxy"

Seasons 7-9 - Cover the Pegasus Storyline
    Spoiler:
    The 3 Season Arc Covering the Pegasus Galaxy Story Line, The Settlement of the Pegasus Galaxy, the Birth Of the Wraith and Details of the Birth of the Species, The Failed Project "Hac'taurus (sp?)" The Creation of the Asurians, and the Fallout between them and the Alterans, The Sinking Of Atlantis, and Ultimately Leading to a Season Finale when they Abandon Atlantis and Go Back to Earth, Because of the Wraiths Attack

Season 10 - Cover Path to Acsension and Bridge to the Gau'ould Rise to Power
    Spoiler:
    The Season 10 Arc covering the Path to Ascend Apon returning to the Milky way, and the status of those left behind in Pegasus (ie Chaya), and Merlins Departure to Design the Weapon in fear of the ori, and Morgans Pursuit of Merlin/Merdin), also Covering the Gau;oulds Rapid Rise to Power, and Ending the Series with Ra Enslaving Earth (Taking Backstory From the Movie)

So What Do You all think? you think this would do well? All that Ancient Technology, Some back story so we understand how the crap happened, and stuff.
    Last edited by Skate Zilla; 27 August 2006, 07:42 PM.
    Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

OMG! I think that's an awesome idea! It would be a great way to get more back story about stargate. The only problem is that it would be impractical for SG-1, Atlantis, future movies, or futures spin-off series. The show are about learning more about the stargate, the ancients, and the history of the galaxy. If we know everything about the Ancients, Atlantis would be out definitely, as the Ancients are their foucus, and SG-1 would lose material as well. But i would sooooo watch the show if they made it.

Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
    Napoleon Bonaparte

SG-1 brought you from the dredges of cable television to the top! Sci Fi will regret its fatal error, but do not boycott the network just yet! Raise the ratings of SG to make a fool of Sci Fi. Dont ask Sci Fi to keep either Stargate SG-1 or Atlantis, ask another network to rescue the series!
    Those who reject the path to enlightenment must be destroyed!

Comment

Genesis covers the milky way stroyline so please keep clear of that, and you wont get 10 seasons of matierial from the other three with the plot constantly having to be adapted because of SGA and SG1's continued meddling in the mythology of the ancients.
      its a good idea thats been considered before, by me actually..genesis at one point could have been very much like Alterus but when it came down to it the continuety and broad range of subject has already been covered by Sg1 and SGA..you would be doing something thats being done much better by people who have the resources to do it propperly..
      Its a good idea but you need to think very hard before you push ahead with anything like this because it would need alot of work, believe me i am the most qualified to tell you how hard it is doing an entire series about the ancients and creating a universe that is coherent and interesting whilst remaining true to a canonised race thats constantly evolving.

My advice, focus it, do the Ori/ancients as one storyline, you cant do the milky one, atlantis is ongoing and covered, the goauld rise and ascension would be interesting...but alas all of it except the middle part is being done on screen. i picked the middle part because it was the most unexplained and the most open for interpretation. Sorry to discourage you but its either been done, or being done, either as a fanfic series (Genesis) or as a show with SGA and SG1..
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

He could do the Milky way story immhotep, just because you wouldn't like it doesnt mean they can't do it.

Personally I dont like the idea of delving into the back story, I dont think its for the fans to tell, because there is such a huge chance we will screw it up.

Comment

Just so you know, immhotep, not every VS takes place in tthe same "universe". I'm with esquin on the first part of what he said.

Anyway, I think this is a really interesting idea, and its worth looking into.
          ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

I like the idea.

Comment

Im not saying he cant do it, im just saying its very difficult because we can screw it up...I wont like it, im not going to deny that but i think there is other subjects to develop...Genesis has done the MW storyline or is doing it, and why step on toes when you dont need too..

I think im the most qualified to talk about setting up a VS about the histroy of then ancients in this galaxy..all i can say is that its harder than you would imagine, so if your going to do it please think..
              sigpic
              You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
                Im not saying he cant do it, im just saying its very difficult because we can screw it up...I wont like it, im not going to deny that but i think there is other subjects to develop...Genesis has done the MW storyline or is doing it, and why step on toes when you dont need too..

I think im the most qualified to talk about setting up a VS about the histroy of then ancients in this galaxy..all i can say is that its harder than you would imagine, so if your going to do it please think..
                Yeah, Immhotep, not to be rude or anything, but I don't think you're the 'most' qualified to set up a VS on Ancient history (like the pun?). Genesis hasn't covered any of the canonical conflicts of the Milky Way history, and at the rate it's going, has already created such an entirely seperate version of reality for itself that Zilla would have to rip you guys off to step on your toes.

This sounds like a fantastic idea. Do it!

Comment

im sorry...what canonised conflicts ARE there from the milky way history? the ancient story in the milky way has been defined by them arriving.. _blank_ the plague attacking them and they leaving...
                  Genesis had to create a universe, and its not seperate its just creates information and scope that the powers that be have decided to forego, i cant rip of canon that doesnt exist. A universe needed to be created for genesis to inhabit within the already established canon ( limited as it is to large details)...i think ive done a good job.

Who else has done done an ancient history VS? no one, or at least not for this galaxy, i have so my "qualification", advise is quite valid here.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

The canonized conflicts include the Alterrans arriving in the Milky Way, setting up a civilization on Earth, dispersing the gate system, starting human life, and then encountering the Ori plague. Many ancients were forced to learn to ascend, and sometime in the midst of this all, the Ancients took Atlantis and went to Pegasus, were they seeded human life and developed gate system 2.0. After their war with the wraith, they returned to Earth, and apparently the plague had calmed down in whatever ammount of time they spent in Atlantis. They dispersed, some seeking solitude and the path to ascension, others, seeking to continue their former projects (Reese, who started the Replicators). About five thousand years after this is the earliest known time that the Goa'uld became a galactic power with Ra at the head.

Lots to do in the Milky Way that Genesis has barely scratched the tip of the iceberg. Besides, what are you afraid of, with someone else making a virtual series to cover the entire history of the ancients? It's just another virtual series, it happens to sound really good. I say, Zilla should go for it, and not listen to your 'advice' not to do it.

Comment

Ooo stepping on thin ice...we have only just begun our series and there are many plots emerging that cover the gate system and starting human life and we already gave hints at the gate system and thier exedous/arrival... it may not have been the ORI plauge, it said great plauge..we have interpretted it in a way that can make a series..a series needs an enemy and the plauge was that enemy.
                      Genesis has thought long and hard about every aspect of the MW ancients and how to portray them well, i look forward to seeing another portrayll of them.
                      sigpic
                      11000! green me

Comment

Immhotep, Gaia, quit going on about Genesis in here. All this guy wants is some feedback on his idea.

ANYWAY, back to the alterus idea. Zilla, I'd love to see something dealing with the Ancients and what's happened to them in the Milky Way/Pegasus galaxies. SG-1 and Atlantis have touched on it now and then, but the information isn't plentiful, so there is some freedom on everything apart from the main points. I'm sure you can come up with some good stuff, but maybe not 10 seasons worth like you had planned.

Comment

I'm in agreement. You can't exactly tell this guy "No, you can't do that because we're doing something like it." They're interesting ideas and I'd love to see YOUR take on MW history.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I think that this is a great idea. Looks planned and all, but what about characters? Are you going to continually change them, cause that might spoil it a little.

"A man is made up of his worst and darkest moments, and destroyed when he takes nothing from them..."
                            -A quote from me

Stargate Frontier a new VS at http://www.stargateomega.com

Comment

Originally posted by RCoombes
                              I think that this is a great idea. Looks planned and all, but what about characters? Are you going to continually change them, cause that might spoil it a little.
                              Yeah ide say that keeping to a set base of characters would be a good idea, it would give the readers/fans someone to relate to and get to know. I think you've got a realy cool idea here, i love pre history stuff, realy looking foward to see your take on the Alteran Milky Way.

ThePope
                              Stargate: Genesis

http://stargategenesis.sg-event-hori.../genesis/site/ - Genesis Home
                              http://stargategenesis.16.forumer.com/index.php - Genesis Forum

Comment

Working...
                              X