Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're evading the question. Is his writing about on par with what he did for 309?

Comment

A lot of writers can sometimes exert too much information that spoils the setting for a story, or lean fans away from trying to imagine the world as it is seen normally in the franchise, and -- while Marc does some of this -- he also writes levels of suspense and things that make you jump, which you would only usually expect to see when watching a movie trailer.

The Pilot, in particular, has a tiny "history lesson" similar to what was seen in the Atlantis episode, Progeny [3x05]...

Much like Atlantis, SG:Andromeda is a darker show compared to SG1 and, unlike the other properties, features things that are shown in the series now and then; not over an extended period of a season. I don't think you will be disappointed.
      Last edited by Tiletron; 17 February 2007, 09:13 AM.
      "No single army can conquer the galaxy, but faith alone can overturn the universe." -- Imperial Ecclesiarch Decias IX
      ==============================================================
      Tiletron/Hyncharas:= Simon Spencer | Portfolio Gallery:= http://tiletron.deviantart.com
      Online:= Clan Draconus Lupus (8yr Veteran) | SG-VirtualSeries (Founder, Admin, PR Lead)

Comment

So if their anything happening on this series.

Their does not seem to be anything happening with it.

Comment

There are things happening, behind the scenes it alive, its just taking much longer than expected. Like Genesis's returm, we all have lives so it difficult to get in to the swing of writing and producing a series. Last year i had much more free time, this year i think all of the members of the team, both teams i am in are alot busier. and also ive got other project going on here which you know about.
          i think after exams, summertime or maybe even beforehand, this will start coming out of the closet regarding this series and its future.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Okay cool. just I have not herd or seen anything that all.

If their anything I can do just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Hurst View Post
              "One Gate, Will Unlock The Rest..."

With the Ori threat becoming a reality within the Milky Way Galaxy, the Tau'ri embark on a mission to search for ways to combat this threat. One year after they first gained a foothold within the Milky way, the planet of Athria, designation P4X-717, reveals a major find within the empty ruins of a war-wracked Ancient base. It details what can only be called a Galactic Map, the remains of which only show a small percentage of the information it must have once carried. On this can be found remnants of gate addresses, some only three or four symbols in length, incomplete for use, all except two. One address is that of Atlantis, deep within the Pegasus Galaxy, the other belonging to another unknown location.

What unfolds from this find is a new quest, a quest to a new galaxy, to a new place where the Ancients once called home. But they find that all is not well in this Galaxy aswell. Upon their arrival, the expedition becomes enbroiled within a Galactic Civil War between humans the likes that have never been seen before, and it soons become the nature to face ones own faults within human kind. faced with this, an old enemy still exerts its power, spreading now into the Andromeda Galaxy.

---------------

Inspired by the top class Virtual Series in the internet, I decided to take time out (time out of revision for University - whoops), to create my own.

Currently the is only one crew member working on the project - me, and is still very much in the development stages at the moment. Hopefully that will change in the near future. So far, the development stages have overseen the basics of the project, mainly:
              • Main and Recurring Characters
              • The Enemies
              • Storyline for at least the First Season
              • Script for the Two-part Season One Opener (Currently still in writing)
              • Plot summaries for five of the first ten episodes

I am open to any kind of words, criticism (aslong as its constructive of course), help, anything that you may have to add to the project. Even if you think you may be able to add something permanent to the project, I am extremely happy to hear your inputs, anything from website design, graphic design, script writing, anything that you may think can help in this project.

You can find the in-transit website here: http://www.freewebs.com/stargateandromeda
              Andromeda looks like a series with alot of major potienal. I am currently looking for experiance in script writing because it would help me with a series of my own that i hope to get under way. If you want my help e-mail me at [email protected]. I have free time on my hands since I don't take that many courses at my high school.

Comment

CE there are many oppertunities in this series for writing scripts, however right now, and for a short while were not accepting writers because and this is a spoiler "something could be happening to SGAN that will change things ALOT"

That being said and im sorry to plug genesis in here, but we may be doing a second series, its been planned and in the works just not, worked on yet. so there could be an oppertunity in Genesis for you in the near future. SGAN could be a little complicated, it depends how things pan out right now.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                11000! green me

Comment

Edwards, if you keep your hat on, I'm gonna be announcing a new project soon which is IDEAL for people such as yourself.
                  sigpic
                  Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard View Post
                    Edwards, if you keep your hat on, I'm gonna be announcing a new project soon which is IDEAL for people such as yourself.
                    My your a busy bee EAG. Destiny, Legacy and a new project, do you ever sleep?

For every expert there is an equal and opposite expert.
                    Arthur C. Clarke (1917 - 2008)

Comment

With any luck I wont need to do much with the new project, it could potentially write itself.
                      sigpic

Comment

The new project sounds interesting, looking forward to it.

So the pilot suppose to one of the best, shame I got to wait to see it my self.

Comment

It is one of the best, ive read it and i would say its better than Rising was. Its absolutly brilliant. And yes your gunan have to wait a while.
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep View Post
                            It is one of the best, ive read it and i would say its better than Rising was.
                            That's not saying much.

Comment

Youve read it havent you? i know EAG has but not sure if you were give n a copy..and rising is a cool episode, and by an amature its not bad, those guys get paid hundreds of $ to write those scripts.
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

No. I never read it. I read first few pages, told him to fix the margins and the font size and waited on a fixed copy...never got one so I never finished it.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X