X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The funny fic thread

I love fics with humor in it!!!!

Anybody else here that feels the same?

Thought I'll start an official thread where one can recommend funny fics and also discuss the quality of those that are out there.

Also what exactly makes a fanfiction funny in your eyes?

I enjoy reading funny fics as well. One I happen to have a link to is The Nature of Best Friends. The characters mainly stay true and there are some great laugh aloud moments. There are some simply *horrid* ones out there where the author equate funny with slap stick. Their characters are over the top in unbelievable situations filled with unconvincing dialogues. I guess my criteria for a good fanfic, no matter the category, will have to be for the characters to remain true to canon and the fic to be logical -the plot to actually make sense, if there is a plot; Best Friends doesn't really have one and I enjoyed the fic immensely- Unless it is a parody, they have their own set of criteria <g>

I also love action/adventure, with a good mix of humor and/or angst where appropriate.. anyone else notice just how much angst stories are out there? I enjoy angst as much as the next person but some of them just goes on and on and on with the character feeling guilty for everything from childhood to imagined mistakes for around 10 pages with no progress whatsoever! Sorry, just a quick rant! Back on topic!

Another funny fic I would recommend: Acid Worms
    I would actually recommend everything she wrote, especially the moebius tags.

Comment

Originally posted by nyxlily
      I enjoy reading funny fics as well. One I happen to have a link to is The Nature of Best Friends. The characters mainly stay true and there are some great laugh aloud moments. There are some simply *horrid* ones out there where the author equate funny with slap stick. Their characters are over the top in unbelievable situations filled with unconvincing dialogues. I guess my criteria for a good fanfic, no matter the category, will have to be for the characters to remain true to canon and the fic to be logical -the plot to actually make sense, if there is a plot; Best Friends doesn't really have one and I enjoyed the fic immensely- Unless it is a parody, they have their own set of criteria <g>

I also love action/adventure, with a good mix of humor and/or angst where appropriate.. anyone else notice just how much angst stories are out there? I enjoy angst as much as the next person but some of them just goes on and on and on with the character feeling guilty for everything from childhood to imagined mistakes for around 10 pages with no progress whatsoever! Sorry, just a quick rant! Back on topic!

Another funny fic I would recommend: Acid Worms
      I would actually recommend everything she wrote, especially the moebius tags.
      Hi

Thanks for having replied. For a while I was very very concerned about my own sanity. Thought I was the only one that enjoy these type of fanfictions.

As for myself...I enjoy any type of funny fics - even those that are sometimes slapstick.

As a wannabe fanfic author I've also written a couple myself - from slapstick to more serious.

My favorite funny fic author is Ruthie.

Comment

Working...
      X