Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To write about the Ori, or not to write?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To write about the Ori, or not to write?

Hello all,

I was just wondering if there were any other authors out there who were thinking about writing of the Ori and their followers, but were having trepidations like myself? I am afraid of messing with canon that will be further established in S10, and the fact is that we know a little bit but not a heck of alot about their tech, tactics or structure.

Is there anyone out there who think we know enough/too little about the Ori for someone to write a fanfic work? And what would be your reasons to think this way? Thanks alot

Capt

I think if you wanted to do it, you could; you'd just have to accept that you'll probably end up clashing with future canon.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Yeah, it will be a bit dodgy with canon and all but you might as well go for it.
      Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
      - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Meh don't bother about canon, people get interested in stuff thats well written and different from the mainstream like if you had a really unconventional plotline totally different from the norm people would read it

Comment

Working...
        X