This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Medical term

I need medical term for my fanfiction. Lee Adama got shot by a teenager in Fort Lauderdale Beach, the strangest thing is, the bullet is not really bullet but a nanite lace gause round.
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

so what kind of term do you need?
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elitenova
      I need medical term for my fanfiction. Lee Adama got shot by a teenager in Fort Lauderdale Beach, the strangest thing is, the bullet is not really bullet but a nanite lace gause round.
      If you could elaborate exactly what term you need, perhaps I could help....no promises though. If you are speaking about ammunition that is not "real", I doubt there will be a medical term for it.....a bullet wound is a bullet wound. Only the location, gauge and damge done can be added to the diagnosis.

Wish I could be more help.
      On fighting:
      Farrah: "A swordsman does not fear death, if he dies with honor."
      Dr. Who: "Then he's an idiot."

Comment

and if the reference is the bullet, well projectile is always good. adn it would be referred to as a foreign body
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Question - by those last 4 words, do you mean a projectile of gauze that has been laced fabric with nanites that will do some harm/damage to Lee?

Better be a pretty powerful gun to shoot a wad of fabric into the man in order to get those nanites into his bloodstream.
          Convention Pix Shore Leave ('06 to '09), AT2, AT3, & AT4 ('06, '08, & '09), and Vancouver ('07)
          My SG fanfic! ..Click Here.

Comment

Originally posted by ShimmeringStar
            Question - by those last 4 words, do you mean a projectile of gauze that has been laced fabric with nanites that will do some harm/damage to Lee?

Better be a pretty powerful gun to shoot a wad of fabric into the man in order to get those nanites into his bloodstream.
            sigpic
            The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

So, it's a projectile wound, a puncture wound.

You can do some research here

http://www.vet.uga.edu/VPP/IA/SRP/vfp/gunshot.html (warnng, some gory pics)

Or just Google around for terms.

Sounds like you're working with total scifi so call it as you see fit

Comment

Working...
              X