Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do VS fail before release, and after?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well Genesis seems like one of the few VS that is staying on track. Though I guess the idea had been around for a while, but it wasn't untill me, and pat joined the crew that we started writing episodes.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Actually I stopped Legacy because I was the only one working on it and was also working on Destiny. I've got the pilot and 2 other episodes completed.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
        Actually I stopped Legacy because I was the only one working on it and was also working on Destiny. I've got the pilot and 2 other episodes completed.
        Oh, my bad, just ignore me *sits in corner*
        Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.
        - Joss Whedon - Equality Now

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
          Well Genesis seems like one of the few VS that is staying on track. Though I guess the idea had been around for a while, but it wasn't untill me, and pat joined the crew that we started writing episodes.
          Your right, me and pope had been planning this for a while, it took about 2months of almost solid planning and getting our heads around the story and i think its a credit to the three of you that we really did only start writing episodes at new year time, and were ready to release, weve got two more episodes that are WIP's 1st half of the series is done and we can release. its been very fast but not rushed...i cant wait...and lets not mention the internet troubles!
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

So to recap basicly it is a fad, and no one really knows what they are getting into, and PtahTheCreationGod was on something when he decided to do four at a time.

Comment

But some can take ages. Destiny took a year, Horizon took a couple.
              sigpic

Comment

Umm Genesis from my understanding was about 6 - 7 months.

Comment

So much for frontier
                  Equality is not a concept. It's not something we should be striving for. It's a necessity. Equality is like gravity. We need it to stand on this earth as men and women. And the misogyny that is in every culture is not a true part of the human condition. It is life out of balance, and that imbalance is sucking something out of the soul of every man and woman who is confronted with it.

Comment

there were quite a few that were hyped up and then fell off the face of the planet, obviously "horizon" seems to be the strongest but it must have taken ages and so much time to do, not that im saying other VS were not that good, i for one wouldn't try because i have too much to do i would neglect all that means alot to me.
                    For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Yep, Frontiers now gone.
                      sigpic

Comment

It takes an exceptional amount of planning, work and effort to keep a VS going. Horizon is an excellent example. As a concept artist for Stargate Horizon, it's an awesome and fulfilling experience. It also takes a lot of work. Concept art is more than just drawing pictures. When i do a concept for the Horizon Team, it can take several weeks from the first concept to the final product. And i could easily revise a concept, literally, a hundred times in the process. It's dedication for putting forth a quality product. For me, i work every night, for about an hour. I don't look at it as "work". But a budding hobby. I enjoy my time working the concepts, and as such, i'm willing to make the effort to schedule my "concept time" into my daily schedule. Alex Rubit and the writers (and the remainder of the staff) are instrumental in making Stargate Horizon what it is. For me, it's as close as i can get to being on the production staff for a "real stargate show."

You have to enjoy the work to make it work in your favor. If enjoy making the series, then it can only go uphill from there. Some people may start a series, then discover there's too much work, or they find themselves not enjoying making the series. Your attitude toward producing the series plays the single most important role in how successful the series will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                          Yep, Frontiers now gone.
                          Is it gone or simply delayed? If it is delayed there is a minute chance that we will see it.

Comment

Working...
                          X