No announcement yet.

Stargate Destiny- New Series Out the 17th of January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Started reading. Looks good so far. Loved the teaser.
    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

That was a concern as the original was rather long..not so much a teaser than a..half an act.

If Geoff is doing a Making Of, you'll be able to read the scenes taken out of the teaser.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Cool.

Comment

The teaser was cool, although I don't know if the ancients were really all that much like that. Seems a little... a little more human than ancient. As for Act I, all I can say is that Dr. Jackson seemed a little out of character. Okay, a lot out of character. He would have pieced together what happenned first, used the Ancient device, read what it had to say, and then said something like "I've got to get to Landry about this," whipped out his cell phone, and by the end of the conversation, told Andrews that they were going to the ISGC headquarters.
          Still reading, and it shows promise.

Now I've read Act II. O'Neill is also a little out of character - he'd probably have said "How'd you like your own spaceship?" Other then that, it's pretty good, although the pacing of it seems slightly off.
          Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 17 January 2006, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Hmm, now that you mention it, that would've been a better line for oneill. Damn, thats good!
            ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

Still time to change it.

I'd take that as a hint to potentially ask to join the staff, but right now I want to see how things turn out with Horizon first.

Read Act III. O'Neill should have said "Good luck," not "Godspeed." Doesn't seem important, but godspeed is Hammond's thing.

Other then that, it's pretty good so far. Although, I do have a major criticism from much earlier on - the meeting at which they decided to do this. It should not have only involved USAF officials. We're talking ISGC, not SGC. Big difference.

Read Act IV. I have to say, the Malecathi don't seem particularly threatening, and the battle fell short of what I hoped for. I really hope it gets better... it pains me to say it, but I may have expected too much of Destiny. But I'm nowhere near done, so I won't judge yet.

Just a note, Takeshi is way too Americanized.

Finished Act V. Well, to start with, if Tenyris has only heard of the great Malecathi ships in legends and such, he shouldn't know so much about them. It's not plausible, and it feels akward to read such an obvious inconsistancy. The Malecathi really don't seem threatening, and I'm already getting the feeling that they're too much like the Wraith. On top of that, they seem too... well, the concept is overused. Ancient enemy in a galaxy... attacks everything for no reason... there's no motivation, they're not a powerful enemy. Where there is no will to attack there should not be an attack, unless their pure incarnate evil, and if they were, they'd be operating on a more face-to-face front to inflict fear and pain upon the enemy.

Yeah, I'm starting to be disappointed by now. I'm sorry...
              Last edited by Lt. Colonel Ryu Gaia; 17 January 2006, 04:11 PM.

Comment

Well Tekashi's Americanisation comes from living in America. As fo the Malecathi being unthreatening, rad mroe fo the episode and hopefully you will change your mind. Obviously we don't want to reveal all the Malecathi intentions all at once, but lets jsut say they have some interesting motivations.

Comment

Of course you don't, but you certainly want to make them threatening by the end of the first episode. I mean, they seem like a joke.

Comment

I have been reading some of it, and I have to say that I don't lap up screenplays like a would a novel, but I am starting to have some doubts. The established characters are off, but you guys won't be using them that much, so it doesn't matter. I will wait untill I have finished before I can pass judgement.

Comment

Yeah... I'm on Act VIII and I'm starting to have some serious doubts. This show needs a lot of improvement.

Comment

I've just finished act five. My goodness its long? If anything its lacked so far its character development but that can be hard when doing first episodes. The descriptions of camera angles are very particular. If the show had a director of photography he wouldn't have much to do. But maybe I'm exaggerating things. It has been good considering the fact it is a first episode so there are certain things you have to get out of the way. I'm looking forward to the rest.
                        "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
                        I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

So, you don't like dangerous enemies? I'd give up reading this is I was you.
                          sigpic
                          Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yeah you guys do to much camera angle work. You really shouldn't I only do it when it is curical like to show faces or people. I just say that the camera is showing us the people who are talking, and if I am doing action I have it so that everyone realizes that the camera is watching all that is going on, but I don't go into too much detail. It tends to bog down a script. You have to find a balance.

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              So, you don't like dangerous enemies? I'd give up reading this is I was you.
                              Dangerous enemies, I have no problem with. I'm just not a fan of pointless ones.

Comment

Anyways I will read the next episode because I want to see if they improve.

Comment

Working...
                                X