Stargate Destiny- New Series Out the 17th of January

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Esquin
    Behemoth is the highest reating episode so far so I think you'll enjoy it.

And Elitenova don't put down our series jsut because we didnt like your3D art designs for various ships. Its very childish and imature.

no offense barred man. I like the concept of the Destiny virtual series and all that doo dad, but I have a question regarding toward the ship.

1. How does the Destiny get refueled?
    2. Where does the fuel come from?
    3. Dont the Destiny run out of missiles?
    4. IT'S NOT HORIZON
    sigpic
    The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

*Sigh* Naquadria..and theirs plenty of variations of it in Orion, Naquilla.
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

Yes, to be more exact, the Destiny runs on a Naquadria generator, a technology that has been perfected by 2013.

And yes, the Destiny has a finite number of missiles, but they shouldn't run out after just two battles so far. And besides, in 1.05, we got a supply of drones, which have been implemented into several of the missile pods.

Remember, its a long range, long term exporatory vessel, so it was designed to be stocked up for a while.
        ROFLMAO Check This Out!!!

Comment

In addition rememebr that the Destiny is a very big ship. It's bigger the the daedalus. Now considering that the amount of space they would need to actually produce rail gun rounds and missles in the numbers required is fairly small when compared to the ship I dont think its at all unresonable for Destiny to herself have a small factory type section for this purpsoe. All they would need is the supplies.

Comment

Well, as for rail gun ordninance, you saw how small the magazines were in "The Seige", right? About the size of a cardboard box - 10,000 rounds each. That's a lot of rounds in a relatively small space. And remember, Destiny also has 7 single-barrell Rail Gun (ok, Rail Gun Mk. II)'s on board.

Comment

Originally posted by lionel_pendergast_rocks
              Well, as for rail gun ordninance, you saw how small the magazines were in "The Seige", right? About the size of a cardboard box - 10,000 rounds each. That's a lot of rounds in a relatively small space. And remember, Destiny also has 7 single-barrell Rail Gun (ok, Rail Gun Mk. II)'s on board.

I got what you are saying. Somewhere in the season, they have to return to Earth or something.
              sigpic
              The Edge of the Night; contains love from the heart and soul, outpouring love to one and love one country.

Comment

Woah, just finished the new ep and I'm kinda freaked out by how similar it was to a fic I wrote recently involving virtual realities and ending with a Matrix joke. Great minds do think alike.

Oh, by the way, it's coy, not Koi. Koi are the fish. Also, I still think you haven't got the tension quite right, although this one was better. Looking back I think that Behemoth was the best written.

Finally, I think you will all have to expect comparisons to Horizon. Let's face it, you are both Virtual Series, and at the moment Horizon is better known, and quite frankly better. That's not meant to criticize, it's just that Horizon has had a lot longer to develop, I wasn't blown away by the first eps of Horizon, but I thought it had potential. Same thing here.
                Don't you want to look beyond the horizon?

In the 2 hours and 14 minutes that Torri Higginson was online, there were 272 posts in the Elizabeth Weir Wow Thread. I was responsible for 2 of them. (Oh yeah and Gateworld crashed, but that's not important)

Please click here to feed the hungry, protect endangered land, and help fight breast cancer without spending a penny (inspired by the Whistler 84 in Memoriam thread)

Comment

Well, yes, we know we're not as good as Horizon, and we know that SGH is our only counterpart right now, so I do agree it is a little shaky to believe that we wouldnt get compared. I guess when I say compared, I mean I dont like it when people say "well, why cant you be more like Horizon" or something.

I'm glad you think the episodes are getting better too

Comment

Umm, Genesis will soon be more competion.
                    Lastest Episode: Alliances, Part One

Comment

Well, I'll admit that I'm behind and still working on the first episode, but so far I like what I'm reading. Yeah, there's an occasional typo or two, but that's really a minor thing. The characterizations seem down pretty good and it has been conveyed to the reader pretty good as well, in my opinion.

When I look for complaints to make I can find them though: I just don't like the name SAMSON, although that's just a personal thing. Beyond that, I don't have that many complaints. Keep up the good work and I'll read more when I can.
                      Rocky

Comment

Originally posted by captainpash
                        Umm, Genesis will soon be more competion.
                        I don't like calling it competition, it sounds like we're trying to be better than the other.

Anyway, I'm glad you like what you've read so far, Erik, hope it's what you've been expecting

Comment

Spoilers for "Providence"
                          Spoiler:
                          Well, I sat down and have finished "Providence." My thoughts: it was fairly solid for an opening episode. There was a fair amount of stuff to accomplish, which was done quite well. One of my biggest complaints, however, is the Malecathi. I felt like very little was explained about why they are "the bad guys." I was slo somewhat put off by the fact that the crew of the Destiny immediately trusted Tenyris and his crew without giving it much thought. On a similar note, the several Earth expression explanations detracted from the overall story and became annoying after the first one. And Takeshi needs to get over white chevrons...seriously.

The Orion stargate idea seems very creatively done, what with the "it can be on a ship thing." I was wary when I first heard you were doing that, but thanks for quelling my fears...you pulled it off wonderfully and are opening yourself up to a lot of story possibilities.

One piece of advice though is your act endings. While most of yours do end on a mini-cliffhanger, which is usually the general idea, some don't and feel rather awkward although, as someone who has written a few scripts, I understand that doing so can be extremely difficult.

I also applaud placing Tenyris's people on the other side of the galaxy, as well as stargate-less. That way, they can't constantly be called for help, although it would be nice to see their planet at some point in the future. Keep up the good work, I plan to read more in the future!
                          Rocky

Comment

Glad to know we could please an ex-Horizon staff member. As for the Takeshi thing, he does. Keep on reading.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
                              Lol one of my comments when I read the original draft for Behemoth was. Hemmingways a bloody icequeen. Lol, work on your emotions Esquin.
                              I personally like the Hemmingways ice-queen personality. Refreshing as she's different to other female earth origin charater in the stargate unerverse

I notice people are comparing Destiny and Horizon, however in my opinion both shows are great in their own rights.

I'm hoping on Destiny, the writers can some how build more ship's, adding to the Destiny current defence. Though the jumpers where a good addition to the Destiny. Please do more eps on Ancient discovery and maybe a discovery of an Ancient ship yard (drooling at the thought)
                              sigpic

Comment

Interesting...more ship..*ponders the thought*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X