This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osiris-RA
    I love backstory fics. They're a great way of painting the image of "before" with the given "after" template. I'm actually working on a fic which takes place in an alternate universe which details the story of Carter had she never been on SG1 or even had an interest in the military. Ah, fate just seems to pull her towards the stars.
    Let me know too. It sounds really interesting.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Darkstar
      ok my spelling for writting a fic is pretty good although i tend not to spell very well on this forum when im posting as im sure many people do also, anyway my fics 3 of them that are at the rough stages but the spelling is perfect in all ways.
      i am a little of a perfectionist when it comes to spelling and even on this forum i have the tendency not to use such abreviated text as TBPH and TPTB too much as i like to spell them in words.
      ok that clears that up i hope and yes if people want to beta read them anytime soon just PM me and let me know how you wish me to send them to you and you can have a read at your leisure.
      The premise for your story sounds good. And if it truly is written nothing like your first post, then I'd definitely give it a look. So let us know when it's done8)

Just a hint: When you post that it's done, maybe start a new thread, and put some thought into what you say, or maybe just edit the one above. Your post is the first impression people get of you and regardless of how good your fic is, a bad post asking people to read it may turn away a lot of potential readers.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KatG
        The premise for your story sounds good. And if it truly is written nothing like your first post, then I'd definitely give it a look. So let us know when it's done8)

Just a hint: When you post that it's done, maybe start a new thread, and put some thought into what you say, or maybe just edit the one above. Your post is the first impression people get of you and regardless of how good your fic is, a bad post asking people to read it may turn away a lot of potential readers.
        yep i take pride in my spelling but dont care too much on the posts when im tired still people can read what im saying here,

the story is going slowly at the moment but i do not want to rush it because i think that it may be the bset stand alone fic i will have done so far, the fic is called "Crystal tears" at the moment and is a little follow up to the episode crystal skull for little part but with a new edge which includes the ancients and their strugle against the Wraith as it was when it happened back then, although time travel episodes from both sg1 and sga dont really inspire me too much i really think that it could work since it dosent't really focus too much on it just to get the ball rolling in a way, but the idea is one of the best i have come up with however when the fics are ready in order it may be a while untill you get to read it but then you can make your mind up as to which one you prefere
        For all the pollution woes on Earth, will the Human race end up taking those problems into space in the future?

We can all call our ships Sports Utility Ships to curtail the carbon emissions and hypersleep at night

Comment

Working...
        X