Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As far as I know, they all get written orders for a PCS.

Oh - and you're welcome!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Is there a specific series of commands for an honour guard sword arch?
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Sent an email to my son's C.O., a former(?) Marine. Will let you know if I hear anything back.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          Sent an email to my son's C.O., a former(?) Marine. Will let you know if I hear anything back.
          Thanks.

It's not urgent. For future reference when two of my OCs have a military wedding.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I did hear something about that happens after going through a sword arch.
            The last person on the Bride's side gently taps the sword against her bottom, it's supposed to bring 'Good Luck'.
            "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
            Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
            Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
            Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
            I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
            To thy own self... Be true
            May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Really? Hmmm...
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                Really? Hmmm...
                It's just something I was told about.

Comment

It's giving me ideas.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I did hear something about that happens after going through a sword arch.
                    The last person on the Bride's side gently taps the sword against her bottom, it's supposed to bring 'Good Luck'.
                    I've heard this as well.
                    sigpic
                    sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                    "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                      Thanks.

It's not urgent. For future reference when two of my OCs have a military wedding.
                      Good thing it's not urgent--I still haven't heard from the teen's C.O.
                      sigpic
                      Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                      Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        Good thing it's not urgent--I still haven't heard from the teen's C.O.
                        No hurry whatsoever. Merely a bit of forward planning.
                        sigpic

Comment

Question:

boss's or boss'?
                          Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Either, it's up to you. Here's a great site from Purdue University that gives all the rules for possessive apostrophes.

ETA: (But I'd use boss's.)
                            Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Ok here's a quick question for you all.
                              As you know I'm in the planning stages of a crossover fic. And I need some input from you lovely Ladies and Gentlemen out there.

Do I transport the team in the fic in a C130 Hercules or a CV22/MV22/AV22 Osprey?

As in the fic I plan to have whatever aircraft they are in crash.

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                                Either, it's up to you. Here's a great site from Purdue University that gives all the rules for possessive apostrophes.

ETA: (But I'd use boss's.)
                                Oh, jeez. I know it might technically be correct, but it just looks (and sounds, to my inner ear) like a snake pit. I'd probably try to avoid it by using some term other than "boss". Supervisor, perhaps, so you could use supervisor's?

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                                Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                                sigpic
                                now also appearing on DeviantArt
                                Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Working...
                                X