Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You're welcome. If I find anything else, I'll let you know.
    sigpic
    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

That'd be great, thanks very much.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

No worries. I am hugely interested in Irish Gaelic, so it's not a burden for me at all.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Any way I can return the favour, let me know.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

I will, thanks.
            sigpic

Comment

Why did I say I'd try writing a Stargate/Wonder Woman crossover?

I ask this question as whilst doing some research I have hit a slight problem. The problem is... Which version of Wonder Woman do I use? As DC comics have a habit of rebooting their series and subject matter. Primarily the origin stories.
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                Why did I say I'd try writing a Stargate/Wonder Woman crossover?

I ask this question as whilst doing some research I have hit a slight problem. The problem is... Which version of Wonder Woman do I use? As DC comics have a habit of rebooting their series and subject matter. Primarily the origin stories.
                I would say, pick which bits you like and ignore the rest.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                  I would say, pick which bits you like and ignore the rest.
                  I might do that. But I know I'll have to be careful. As there might be a Wonder Woman purist out there...
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Screw the purists. You can't please everyone when there are already several different conflicting versions of a character to begin with, and all of them considered canon by some faction or other due to their having been created by the official creators. Do what you think works best for the story.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                    sigpic
                    now also appearing on DeviantArt
                    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                      I might do that. But I know I'll have to be careful. As there might be a Wonder Woman purist out there...
                      Like P.T. Barnum once said "You can please all of the people some of the time, and some of the people all of the time, but you can't please all of the people all of the time."
                      sigpic

Comment

When Army folks are re-stationed they're "PCSed" (Permanent Change of Station). Are people PCSed in the Air Force or is there another phrase?
                        Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

PCS is Air Force, too.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                          Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
                          sigpic
                          now also appearing on DeviantArt
                          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                            PCS is Air Force, too.
                            Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by amaradangeli View Post
                              When Army folks are re-stationed they're "PCSed" (Permanent Change of Station). Are people PCSed in the Air Force or is there another phrase?
                              Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
                              PCS is Air Force, too.
                              I don't know if it's relevant, but I have been told by a friend in the AF that they do get written orders (the only reason it was significant to me is that I wanted to use it in a short fic -the written orders open on the table).
                              sigpic
                              sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                              "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                I don't know if it's relevant, but I have been told by a friend in the AF that they do get written orders (the only reason it was significant to me is that I wanted to use it in a short fic -the written orders open on the table).
                                Do any of the branches not get written orders anymore? It's been at least a handful of years since I had any direct dealings with any branch so I'm woefully out of touch these days.

Comment

Working...
                                X