Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm looking for information on the first kings of China. My history books call them Yao and Shun, but google doesn't seem to like that translation.

Also, if anyone has anything on the clothes of that time as well. it'd be helpful.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
      The characters are headed toward being lovers, but have been friends and coworkers up to this point. The argument occurs because she has become aware of his past assumptions (some of which have kept them apart). He was being noble and wanted her happiness. But his assumptions have ticked her off.

The purpose is to push them together ultimately.

It is also meant to bring to a head the previous tension of the story and ultimately resolve the roadblocks that have plagued the would-be couple up to this point.
      ok, without knowing which characters these are.....she's ticked, the fight will start with her making some snide remarks or almost baiting him. He'll take it for a tiny while then confront her 'why don't you just come out and say it'. or he'll insult her right back with some comment. that'll get them face to face and toe to toe. It'll escalate as they take shot after shot at each other.

you can get them mad to the point of yelling, or to the point of her walking out on him or him walking out of her, or them coming to that 'i'm gonna hit you then get distracted when you kiss me' kinda thing

In the end, he'll need to apologize in some way. either right then and there or when he seeks her out after she storms out
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

SaraB, remember to describe the body language as well as just the dialogue. The role playing idea is a great one if you can find someone to play with. If you have access to the DVDs find an argument and describe it without the sound to find believable body langage for the characters, then fill in the dialogue.

WraithRichard, I'm sorry, I know almost nothing about Chinese history. I had an interesting discussion with a man who lives in Korea. We discussed what kind of history we learned in school. Mine was European and Canadian, his was completely Korean. It makes us realize how much more there is to know.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
          SaraB, remember to describe the body language as well as just the dialogue. The role playing idea is a great one if you can find someone to play with. If you have access to the DVDs find an argument and describe it without the sound to find believable body langage for the characters, then fill in the dialogue.
          Great answer mp! I really did like the idea of role playing it. That's actually how I write my fight/sword scenes. I either act it out in my head or--IF NO ONE'S AROUND--I act it out in my living room. Otherwise, can you see hubby and kids as their 40-something chunky wife/mom exchanges sword blows with an invisible opponent using her baseball bat? (Be sure to close the drapes on this one, too or head to the cellar if you have one--although it might keep the nosy neighbor from not being so nosy anymore!)
          sigpic
          Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
          Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Another question: When Daedelus visits Atlantis, which pier does it land at?
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
              Great answer mp! I really did like the idea of role playing it. That's actually how I write my fight/sword scenes. I either act it out in my head or--IF NO ONE'S AROUND--I act it out in my living room. Otherwise, can you see hubby and kids as their 40-something chunky wife/mom exchanges sword blows with an invisible opponent using her baseball bat? (Be sure to close the drapes on this one, too or head to the cellar if you have one--although it might keep the nosy neighbor from not being so nosy anymore!)
              Exactly. This is how I block sword fights for my Highlander stories. It's much easier to write when you're actually doing it!

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
              Another question: When Daedelus visits Atlantis, which pier does it land at?
              Oh my. I have no idea. Wish I could help.

Comment

Exactly. This is how I block sword fights for my Highlander stories. It's much easier to write when you're actually doing it!
                Too true. A lot easier to describe the action.

Oh my. I have no idea. Wish I could help.
                Me, too! Is okay, though.
                sigpic

Comment

I don't know if they ever specified a pier, after all they only explored a portion of the city. I know the city has six piers but I don't know how they designate them

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                    I don't know if they ever specified a pier, after all they only explored a portion of the city. I know the city has six piers but I don't know how they designate them
                    Okay. I'll just look for one that's close to much of the action, perhaps close to the gate room--that would make sense.
                    sigpic

Comment

you can always just say 'the pier', don't specify which one. then you're not wrong

sigpic

Comment

That's the best way!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          you can always just say 'the pier', don't specify which one. then you're not wrong
                          This is true... **re-opens Word doc while males in her life are momentarily quiet**

NVM. They're noisy again. That was quick. **Growls and goes to bed in order to get up and write at oh-dark-thirty instead.**
                          sigpic

Comment

WraithRichard, I'm sorry, I know almost nothing about Chinese history. I had an interesting discussion with a man who lives in Korea. We discussed what kind of history we learned in school. Mine was European and Canadian, his was completely Korean. It makes us realize how much more there is to know.
                            Darn. I could have used that before. My Korean character just died, though.
                            Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Does anyone know what the text on the balcony pillars of the gateroom say (the white glowy text on the vertical pillars)?

I'm pretty sure it's Ancient, just can't find the right text order to typing random stuff in Ancient font.

Comment

I just tried posting my first *bit of a* story on fan fiction.
                                But I am not sure if I did it right.
                                How do you get it into which catergory that it is supposed to go?
                                Any advice for a newbie?
                                I like Sharky
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X