Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I refuse to accept extinction for the Tok'ra, or the Asgard either, for that matter.

And Sara... they're ALL real, in my head. And they won't shut up... not that I really want them to...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
      I refuse to accept extinction for the Tok'ra, or the Asgard either, for that matter.
      And Sara... they're ALL real, in my head. And they won't shut up... not that I really want them to...
      I couldn't green you for that, so please accept this virtual green:

Well...as they say...some people suffer with insanity, but WE are enjoying every minute of it!
      Can it be called multiple personality disorder if I INVENTED the other personalities?

Ok...tired...going to bed.
      sigpic
      sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
      "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Can I trace the extinction of the normal Asgard for the Pegasus Galaxy ones?

And if the Tok'ra don't die off, tell me what to do end up doing without many of them accepting a queen...
        Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
          I couldn't green you for that, so please accept this virtual green:

Well...as they say...some people suffer with insanity, but WE are enjoying every minute of it!
          Can it be called multiple personality disorder if I INVENTED the other personalities?

Ok...tired...going to bed.
          That's okay, it won't let me green you either -- I tried! By the way, LOVE the .gif!

Hey, I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do... usually they tell me to write more...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
          Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
          Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

That's okay, it won't let me green you either -- I tried! By the way, LOVE the .gif!
            Hey, I do whatever the voices in my head tell me to do... usually they tell me to write more...
            Same here! They sometimes disagree with what I'm writing for them...that's embarassing!
            Then I have to go and change it...cuz they are usually right...darn.

The .gif came to me from another member...I have rather enjoyed it!!
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*peeks head back in*
              Does anybody know if there is an organization to the numeric designations for the planets (P2X-335, P4X-341, etc)? Are all the P2X's clustered together, etc?
              sigpic
              sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

*shakes "writers magic 8 ball picked up at Stargate sale"*

The magic eight ball says: "No"
                [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

the writers seemed to randomly choose them. we were never shown any sort of real star chart.

logic would say that there is hidden meaning or organization, but it was never canon. The writers even got caught a time or two giving the same planet multiple designations. (machellos' planet, the one sg1 went to running from the replicators, both have 2 designations)
                  Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Broca Divide
                    HAMMOND: In one hour, you will go through the Gate to the planet represented by these symbols. It has been designated P3X-797.

DANIEL: Couldn't we call this planet something that's a little easier to remember?

CARTER: Uh, it's based on a binary code the computer uses for extrapolation.
                    It's just conjecture, but I don't think the designations directly translate to specific points in space. Rather they have far more to do with the order the updated addresses are generated, or the order the addresses were recorded from the Abydos cartouche (and later O'Neill while under the influence of the Ancient repository), or both.

The P and M prefixes are puzzling. The P for Planet and M for Moon concept makes sense, though this information would likely only be discovered after the world has been visited, and the fact that all worlds in the Pegasus Galaxy have 'M' designations suggests a new system was adopted, possibly explaining any discrepancies such as multiple addresses for a single world. That, or addresses can and are updated regularly.

It does, however, raise an interesting question: what did the K in KS7-535 (Lockdown) stand for?
                    Last edited by Sealurk; 14 July 2011, 04:23 AM.
                    And now it's time for one last bow, like all your other selves. Eleven's hour is over now... the clock is striking Twelve's.
                    sigpic
                    Stargate Ragnarok | FF.net | AO3 | Lakeside | My Fallout 3 Mods | Poppy Appeal | Help For Heroes | Combat Stress

Comment

Someone made a map!

And it's pretty doggone cool, too. The various addresses do group, if you look at it. They seem to be relative to the galactic center (this is for addresses in the Milky Way).

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                      Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Someone made a map!

And it's pretty doggone cool, too. The various addresses do group, if you look at it. They seem to be relative to the galactic center (this is for addresses in the Milky Way).
                        Unfortunately Earth is in the wrong place on that map. So, without more information about whoever made it, I assume it's just someone's imagination of where all the planets are supposed to be.

It's such a shame the show never made/released a real map, I'm sure it would sell like crazy.
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Beyond what you see in the opening credits and Solitudes there has never been a canon representation of where each planet is situated. And even that display is 1 dimensional.
                          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Someone made a map!

I know! I thought it was brilliant.

Originally posted by fems View Post
                            Unfortunately Earth is in the wrong place on that map. So, without more information about whoever made it, I assume it's just someone's imagination of where all the planets are supposed to be.

It's such a shame the show never made/released a real map, I'm sure it would sell like crazy.
                            Sigh. I like the map though.
                            Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post

I'm not sure where you think Earth is, but that map isn't really off by very much. We're in a spur of the Orion Arm, at least as near as our current observations can tell.

Diagram of Earth's actual position in the Milky Way

Annotated Roadmap of the Milky Way from NASA
                              Last edited by SF_and_Coffee; 14 July 2011, 01:38 PM.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                              Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Someone made a map!
                                That was cool...I saved it to my 'Stargate' picture file. Thanks for sharing.

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                                Beyond what you see in the opening credits and Solitudes there has never been a canon representation of where each planet is situated. And even that display is 1 dimensional.
                                I'm not sure where you think Earth is, but that map isn't really off by very much. We're in a spur of the Orion Arm, at least as near as our current observations can tell.
                                Diagram of Earth's actual position in the Milky Way
                                Annotated Roadmap of the Milky Way from NASA
                                I should know better than to ask that kind of question to the plausibility gurus.

Ok...so in my fic I am creating a world where my Goa'uld has taken captive natives by ship. I intend to give said planet a designation, but I didn't want to be totally off. The last 3 digits are going to be -242, but I need to figure out what the first three are going to be.

If they travel from Earth to the new planet by ship, and I don't want it to take YEARS to get there, and if I assume the Milky Way map shared by SF is at least plausible for the clustering, AND my Goa'uld is a MINOR system lord (so an out of the way group of planets that wouldn't make him a ready target by a major system lord -at least for a few centuries), then my world would probably be a P2 or P1 planet.

Not near Abydos...he would have already been conquered by Ra.

Now I need to look at the normal speed for the ships. *sigh* research is going to be the death of me...
                                sigpic
                                sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X