Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know the layout of Atlantis? I want to know the distance between the living quarters (for guests) and where the main offices would be.
    Last edited by WraithRichard; 01 October 2020, 09:09 AM.
    Price for Pain What do you mean violence isn't the answer?

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

Ficta voluptatis causa sint proxima veris

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Originally posted by WraithRichard View Post
      Does anyone know the layout of Atlantis? I want to know the distance between the living quarters (for guests) and where the main offices would be.
      Go to the Atlantis City blueprint for the locations of some key facilities.

The central tower house the gate room, puddle jumper hangars, laboratories, and other unspecified facilities. The blueprint states there is a tower near the central one that houses the residential quarters for the city's inhabitants.

Also, the city/starship of Atlantis was designed to support at least 10,000 people and the expedition was only about 100 people with temporary surges according to need.

I would think that residential facilities are not confined to a single tower and are more spread out. The show itself never specified where in the city an individual's quarters are so as to leave the writers free to place them wherever the story needed to them to be.
      No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
      It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Thanks so much!

Two new questions: Did Woolsey take that small glass office above the gateroom? I can't remember and the wiki doesn't say.

Next: how good is Teyla's wraith sensing abilities? Someone said she could find a wraith who didn't want to be found while she was in northern California while the wraith was in sanata Barabera (half of califnornia away while both are very distracted)

Burn It All Away Blood moves the heavens. Fire purifies the land. Legends change worlds. Destiny burns.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot Fiat justitia et pereat mundus. Fiat justitia ruat caelum.

All are PG-13, each with a single act of rated R violence. Adults situations and other, tamer violence.

I'm creating a fan comic and I want input from as many fans as possible. Please PM me if you want the discord link. You can also chat, show off your own creations, and rp.

Comment

Teyla's Wraith sensing abilities depended on the episode. It varied from not-all to hey-there's-a-wraith-around-the-corner.

But I doubt it's in the capabilities of it being half a state away. That's really stretching it.

Do you mean Woolsey in Atlantis? He took Elizabeth's office as his.
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I figured on Teyla's abilities. Making a few blocks away, but that distance seemed silly.

Yes, Elizabeth's old tiny glass office in Atlantis. Sorry for bieng vague. Lack of sleep.

Comment

That office was also occupied by Sam when she led the expedition.
              No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
              It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Wasn't it mentioned somewhere that Atlantis is about the size (or bigger) than Manhatten. Or have I just completely made that up. But those blueprints are definitely handy, thanks for those.

Me again. So Beckett and then later Keller are the CMO's so they'd obviously be in charge of the nurses/doctors/medical technitions. But if there was a nurse on Atlantis who was an active member of their countries military would they come under both Beckett/Keller and Sheppard, or just one of them....do you get where I'm going with that. Does that make sense?
                sigpic
                He’s the moon when I’m lost in darkness, and warmth when I shiver in cold

Comment

Military personel in their military capacity would have to report to Sheppard as commander of the military contingent. As medical personel, they report to the Chief of Medicine which is Beckett, and later Keller.

I think... sounds logic to me, but maybe not to others.

Comment

Are conference rooms on the same spire as the gate?

Comment

Given what we see in the series, I would say yes.
                      Are they "designed" for that?
                      I doubt it.
                      sigpic
                      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I think the spire is fairly wide in length, even though it looks rather thin from the outside.

Dimensions are iffy, but I think it's comparible to the Empire State Building.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          Military personel in their military capacity would have to report to Sheppard as commander of the military contingent. As medical personel, they report to the Chief of Medicine which is Beckett, and later Keller.

I think... sounds logic to me, but maybe not to others.
                          That totally makes sense, but that's why I asked because she's both a nurse and military so. But thanks for the help.
                          sigpic

Comment

Atlantis is a big place. It's a city, and there's only - what? - a couple of hundred people living and working there.

There are the point-to-point transporters, but I'd still say it makes sense for everybody to live fairly close to where they work. Walking distance.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                              Atlantis is a big place. It's a city, and there's only - what? - a couple of hundred people living and working there.

There are the point-to-point transporters, but I'd still say it makes sense for everybody to live fairly close to where they work. Walking distance.
                              When we see the Asurans "version" of Atlantis with the city ship being the hub of a sprawling network of other buildings, it makes more sense to have the site to site transporters. They make pretty much everything within walking distance.
                              We never get to see Atlantis in it's prime, but we can only imagine that the Asurans version was based on the Ancients original design.
                              sigpic
                              ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                              A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                              The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It does say in the Legacy series of books, that there's quite a few rooms that aren't being used. So they're definitely not using up all of the rooms/space in Atlantis, so there'll definitely be empty rooms.

I'm wondering if an archeologist would fall under their own department or be in the same department as science, they'd fall under their own right. I know we never saw any archeologists on Atlantis, with the exception of Daniel who visited a couple of times. But the story I'm working on (still planning to write it), I have an archeologist, possibly two, I don't know if they would need more than one though. The SGC had at least two.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X