Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok Potterheads, here's another question.

Would Harry get the scar on his hand - the "I must not tell lies" one - removed?
    sigpic
    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I think not, he had it later still if I remember correctly but then it seems to have been forgotten

Comment

or it may have faded over time. Some scars do thta, they lessen to the point you don’t know they’re there.
        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Hmm, I'm talking about less than a decade after the event itself.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

Quick question for SGA fans: what was the travel time between Earth and Atlantis prior to the McKay/Carter Bridge?

I found some conflicting info on stargate wikia. According to The Intruder one voyage can be completed within 18 days (regular ship), but on the summary for The Return it says travel time was reduced from three weeks to thirty minutes and on the McKay/Carter Bridge page it simply says "weeks-long". Granted, 18 days is almost 3 weeks, but not quite.
            Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
            Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
            On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

At the beginning of The Intruder ep Weird makes a comment of "I mean spend eighteen days cooped up in this ship to get back"
              In The Return Ep McKay said that without the ZPM "my only option would spend the next three weeks twiddling my thumbs waiting to get back home".
              The wiki probably just phrased it to show what the ep said. But I would say that it takes roughly 18 days to make the trip and people just go with '3 weeks' because it's easier to say and remember.

sigpic
              Stargate spin off series: Stargate Millennium
              https://www.fanfiction.net/u/5580179/StargateMillennium

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                I sliced my finger a couple of years ago and you can’t even tell that I did it now.

Different people heal at different rates but for a young healthy adult a scar can fade, and it may still be there, just less, and possibly enough less that you really need to look to see it.

I coudl also almost see, with so many hogwarts students with the same injury, the weasley brothers coming up with some sort of scar eraser, or someone else to be honest. Really all you’d need to do is to get the cells to grow back undamaged, which would eventually erase the damage.

It could also be possible since maiming students would be seen as bad tht someone from the ministry ordered that the scars be fixed, even not out of the goodness of their hearts but to erase just how cruel and mean their employee was....and without proof they could rewrite history if they needed to in the future.

sigpic

Comment

Hmmm...

Then again, I'm in my late 40s, had really bad acne on my back and shoulders when I was in my teens and early 20s, and still have a lot of scar tissue.

I think for the purposes of my story (if I ever get round to writing it) Harry still has the scars, but they're fading.
                  sigpic

Comment

Yeah, everyone is different. sometimes how it heals can depend on how deep it is and other things.

so ya know....make it work how your story needs it to work

sigpic

Comment

The scar tissue won't go away, but the scar itself will become less noticeable over time. The amount of scar tissue also varies, and if the wound was well treated, there will be less than if it was not. Scars are highly variable.

Seaboe
                      If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

How deep the cut is, is it a cut or a burn, does it get infected, was it treated or stitched, how healthy is the person, what age is the person, skin tone, it can all have an effect on how something heals and scars.

I sliced my toe 40 years ago and it was taped together and I have the scar, I got many 2nd degree burns from working fast food and they have all faded, the slice on my finger from a yaer ago is barely notiible, but I too have chicken pox scars from decades ago

so my point is, it varies on so many factors.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          I sliced my toe 40 years ago and it was taped together and I have the scar...
                          I visualize a lot of ductape.

I had major surgery 23 years ago -- like they cut open my chest and cracked my thorax (the first stage of how they perform open-heart surgery -- but limited to my thorax bone and ribcage). I have a scar with a length of about 15 cm and about 0,5 to 1 cm wide (the top half is wider since they screwed that up a bit and it had to be fixed with a little corrective surgery -- never doing that again). I also had two drains for a few days which plugged into my chest.

All three scars are still visible, the line will always be visible, as will the small round dots where the drains were so some scars will always be there. And no, I rarely if ever wear open tops.
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Hey, Falcon Horus! Nice to see you again.

You any relation to that Falcon Heavy that's been in the news lately?
                            sigpic

Comment

You any relation to that Falcon Heavy that's been in the news lately?
                              I'm more Falcon Light, Heavy's the cousin.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                I'm more Falcon Light, Heavy's the cousin.
                                Bang, zoom! She knocks it out of the park.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X