This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by x Varda x View Post
    Does anyone know if there are CCTV cameras/surveillance gear on Atlantis? (On the lines of cameras in every corridor)

I've read about videos of footage being watched to trace killers in many stories, but is this fanon, or was it ever shown in any episodes?

I know they could use the sensor logs to track a life sign in the past, but won't know who it is
    I'm pretty sure it's just Fanon. Maybe a few areas have cameras like the Jumper Bays or Armories. Possibly the mess hall and control room as wlel. But every corridor? THat'd be an INSANE amount of cameras you'd need Atlantis's computers to be able to process that much raw video.
    Originally posted by Apostle's Message Redux
    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"
    Read the story ---- Apostle's Message Redux, ME/SG Crossover

Comment

unless the cameras are something that the humans installed, the ancients wouldn't need them. and think of all the 'bad guys take over the city' episodes that would have featured them

i'm thinking fanon, or writers confusing the SGC and their cameras and assuming that atlantis has them too

I think the only time i recall there possibly being one is in the gateroom. and i can't remember if it was characters watching a feed/video of bad guys coming through the gate, or maybe it was just a camera angle and my mind made it into a surveillance camera
      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I've given it a lot of thought, and I think there are actually some. But not enough to keep tabs on everything in the city. Mostly people seem to use the life signs detectors in the computer to track others. Although in the Long Goodbye there were cameras that a Pheebus communicated to Teyla and Thalen near finale of the episode.
        "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
          I'm pretty sure it's just Fanon. Maybe a few areas have cameras like the Jumper Bays or Armories. Possibly the mess hall and control room as wlel. But every corridor? THat'd be an INSANE amount of cameras you'd need Atlantis's computers to be able to process that much raw video.
          Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
          unless the cameras are something that the humans installed, the ancients wouldn't need them. and think of all the 'bad guys take over the city' episodes that would have featured them

i'm thinking fanon, or writers confusing the SGC and their cameras and assuming that atlantis has them too

I think the only time i recall there possibly being one is in the gateroom. and i can't remember if it was characters watching a feed/video of bad guys coming through the gate, or maybe it was just a camera angle and my mind made it into a surveillance camera
          Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
          I've given it a lot of thought, and I think there are actually some. But not enough to keep tabs on everything in the city. Mostly people seem to use the life signs detectors in the computer to track others. Although in the Long Goodbye there were cameras that a Pheebus communicated to Teyla and Thalen near finale of the episode.
          Thank you all! And that's a relief Now I can have more chapters and fun with my 'mystery attacker' fic without them being rumbled by cameras in the first paragraph
          McKAY: Hey, I can eat frozen dinners without thawing them. (~Trinity)

Comment

After re-watching SGA in the last couple of weeks, yes for the exception of a few instances where they were watching someone in isolation or medlab, there is an absence of video survielance
            My FF.netStories -Stargate Atlantis Allies-Colonel Ted Hasluck Bio
            sigpic "Weedle" 27/09/1987-16/09/2010 RIP Soldier

Comment

Hello everyone. I have a general question re fan fic; does anyone have any experience with devices like Kindle or Sony readers? Can these be used to download and read fanfic from the web?
              Thanks
              sigpic

Comment

i think at least one of them can. the secret is you need to convert the fanfic to a format that the kindle or e-reader sees

for example if they read .txt files, or .doc, then you cut and paste the fic into Word and save as the appropriate file type.

there is a download program that allows you to download fic off ff.net - and some other archives, and save it as rich text, html or mobipocket e-book
                http://www.home-eisele.de/

the site is in german but you can find where to download it from.

so, i guess i'd research what file types the e-readers will accept, then see how you can convert the fanfic into those file types
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thank You; I'll look into it
                  sigpic

Comment

Hello all,

Need a few tidbits of information that i can't recall off hand.
                    • In Season 10, did Odyssey have a ZPm and a cloak?
                    • The F-302, does it have VTOL (Vertical Take off and Landing) capability? Think the Harrier or F-35 Jumpjet from "Live Free or Die Hard"
                    • In Season 10, did the F-302 have railguns fitted already?
                    • An Al'kesh has been shown to be destroyed or damaged by Railgun fire correct? I'm thinking the episode that introduces Vala.
                    • What ship was it that landed in Continuum and defended the gate while Sg1 and Alt!Teal'c? Was it an Al'kesh or Cargo Ship?
                    • The Gate bridge wasn't finished until after season 10 correct? i recall Carter and Lee floating about in Season 4 opener of SGA.
                    • Was there a commander of Odyssey after Emerson's death? If so, bane available?

Thanks in advance!
                    Shepard understood. Given the situation, he wasn't sure that exposing the planet to this kind of secret was smart. Miranda had regaled him with stories of how horrible 20th century Earth sounded in her history lessons and it made him leery. "I agree, god knows what would happen if Grunt got loose."

Joker snorted and muttered loudly. "Run! It's The Incredible Hulk! Kill it with fire!"

Comment

The Odyssey did have a cloak and a shield in Season 10 and the Ark of Truth. They got the ZPM when the Atlantis expedition regained control of the city from the Asurans and the cloak when Daniel Jackson installed it as a Prior. I think so. There was a Commander of the Odyssey after Emmerson's death. I forget his name offhand but I think we could easily look it up.

The final incarnation of the gate bridge was not completed until Season 10 I think. But they had a rougher version in place during Season 3 of SGA. EDIT: Colonel Davidson apparently was the commander's name. He was sorta older and bald looking. He also played a Sergent of the Pegasus on Battlestar Galactica.
                      "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                        The Odyssey did have a cloak and a shield in Season 10 and the Ark of Truth. They got the ZPM when the Atlantis expedition regained control of the city from the Asurans and the cloak when Daniel Jackson installed it as a Prior. I think so. There was a Commander of the Odyssey after Emmerson's death. I forget his name offhand but I think we could easily look it up.

The final incarnation of the gate bridge was not completed until Season 10 I think. But they had a rougher version in place during Season 3 of SGA. EDIT: Colonel Davidson apparently was the commander's name. He was sorta older and bald looking. He also played a Sergent of the Pegasus on Battlestar Galactica.
                        I think i know who you're talking about. Excellent!

and excellent, this does not muck up my plans... Whuhahahahaha

WHUHAHAHAHAHA!

Cough heppard33: Ummm yeah.

Comment

Originally posted by Aragon101 View Post
                          Hello all,

Need a few tidbits of information that i can't recall off hand.
                          • In Season 10, did Odyssey have a ZPm and a cloak?
                          • The F-302, does it have VTOL (Vertical Take off and Landing) capability? Think the Harrier or F-35 Jumpjet from "Live Free or Die Hard"
                          • In Season 10, did the F-302 have railguns fitted already?
                          • An Al'kesh has been shown to be destroyed or damaged by Railgun fire correct? I'm thinking the episode that introduces Vala.
                          • What ship was it that landed in Continuum and defended the gate while Sg1 and Alt!Teal'c? Was it an Al'kesh or Cargo Ship?
                          • The Gate bridge wasn't finished until after season 10 correct? i recall Carter and Lee floating about in Season 4 opener of SGA.
                          • Was there a commander of Odyssey after Emerson's death? If so, bane available?

Thanks in advance!
                          Cloak and ZPM Quote DJ "having a zpm helps" e14s10 - the shroud

no the 302 does not have VTOL capabilities.

yes the 302 has had them since the start i belive but i allways thought of them as machineguns.

yes an alkesh has been seen taking railgun fire if i remember correctly (lost city)

in continium tealc landed an alkesh on the roof tho sheild the gate.

and yes the midway station was compleeted in s4 of SGA after the last ep of SG! s10.

after emersons death at the hands of LA odyssey was seen having several diffrent commanders. sam, cam, daniel, jack, etc no one permanent seems to have been asigned to it.

Comment

I could use some help, I need suggestions for a few movies, from 2002 or anytime before, that were particularly bad. Preferably action/adventure, horror, sci-fi or natural disaster type movies, of the sort that would make for a good mocking session in a group.

Movies should have predictable plots, overused cliches, crummy special effects, etc. They can even have been suposed to be big blockbusters with big name actors that flopped big time for being so lame. But they need to have aired from 2002 or earlier, in order to be on DVD/VHS by 2003.

Thoughts and suggests appreciated. Feel free to mock suggestions as well, but be warned, it might make it into my novel.
                            sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Originally posted by iamdragonrider View Post
                              I could use some help, I need suggestions for a few movies, from 2002 or anytime before, that were particularly bad. Preferably action/adventure, horror, sci-fi or natural disaster type movies, of the sort that would make for a good mocking session in a group.

Movies should have predictable plots, overused cliches, crummy special effects, etc. They can even have been suposed to be big blockbusters with big name actors that flopped big time for being so lame. But they need to have aired from 2002 or earlier, in order to be on DVD/VHS by 2003.

Thoughts and suggests appreciated. Feel free to mock suggestions as well, but be warned, it might make it into my novel.
                              Okay if your looking for a list of 2002 movies: Wikipedia always helps and OUCH you have a LOT to choose from! (well from the "quality" point of view anyway....)

Men in Black II
                              Die another Day
                              Star Wars Episode II (my personal fav prequel btw)
                              Minority Report
                              Reign of Fire
                              Solaris
                              Treasure Planet
                              Jason X
                              About a Boy (Hugh Grant does a romantic comedy! SHOCKER!!! )

ALTHOUGH "Signs" was hinted at in Stargate (ie: Carter said the aliens weakness was stupid) in early Season 7.

Not sure how well they did at the box office unforuntatly. Most i've picked seem to be blockbusters

Hope it helps though!
                              [''... I laugh at your reality..''][ STARGATE FAN COMIC: 'Hallowed Turf' ] [-DeviantArt-] [ ".... and a seagull."]

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Choo1701 View Post
                                Okay if your looking for a list of 2002 movies: Wikipedia always helps and OUCH you have a LOT to choose from! (well from the "quality" point of view anyway....)

Men in Black II
                                Die another Day
                                Star Wars Episode II (my personal fav prequel btw)
                                Minority Report
                                Reign of Fire
                                Solaris
                                Treasure Planet
                                Jason X
                                About a Boy (Hugh Grant does a romantic comedy! SHOCKER!!! )

ALTHOUGH "Signs" was hinted at in Stargate (ie: Carter said the aliens weakness was stupid) in early Season 7.

Not sure how well they did at the box office unforuntatly. Most i've picked seem to be blockbusters

Hope it helps though!

Reign of Fire, MIB II, and Clones all made it onto several "worst" of 2002 movies lists I found, but I can't see Teal'c letting them mock Star Wars in his presence.

I found a list, one of several, of Worst movies. I'm leaning on Armageddon.

My question now is have any of the characters shown any sort of like/dislike of any particular genre? I'm thinking no, though there's a comment in Ascension where Jack alludes to the fact he doens't like scifi, but in Fail Safe, he comments that he has seen Armageddon (they are just so contradictory in the show, they never get thier own facts straight!) and Sam also seems to indicate that she's seen the movie Signs in season 7, as well as having seen Star Wars, while Jack has not. And they've all seen Oz.

so I'm thinking that if none of them have a definite preference, then none of them would be opposed to anything in particular... And I can almost see them getting something deliberately bad, in order to tear it to pieces.

On that note I was thinking of the movie Armageddon, possibly Earthquake, and maybe, just maybe, the old 50's low budget b-movie, "Robot Monster". So bad... its good.

And on that thought, suggestions and thoughts appreciated, and I should probably pick something and move on, for a scene that is probably only going to be around 1000 words or so in a story that is around 200,000 i'm spending entirely too much time on it
                                sigpic

Some people have a way with words. Others not have way.

http://www.fanfiction.net/~iamdragonrider

Comment

Working...
                                X