This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Well, that one came back to haunt her when she got stuck in a hole with McKay and Jennifer.
    I bet she was pleased she got stuck there with an actual medical doctor
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Whew! I was afraid that I had to change my ending. Thanks y'all!!

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
        I bet she was pleased she got stuck there with an actual medical doctor
        True that.

Originally posted by Caty91 View Post
        Whew! I was afraid that I had to change my ending. Thanks y'all!!
        You're welcome.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The US Air Force has several units dedicated to providing combat search & rescue and emergency first aid. Medically they are trained the same as paramedics/emergency medical technicians. Militarily they are trained to the same level as special forces troops as they are required to fight their way to the casualty, provide emergency medical aid and fight their way back to a hospital. They are designated Pararescue units and members call themselves Parajumpers.

Special forces units almost always have one or more of their numbers trained to the same standard as Paramedics/EMTs when going out on a mission. And the military personnel going through the stargate are all special forces trained.
          No Sam w/o a Jack and no Jack w/o a Sam.
          It's like and immutable law of the multiverse.

Comment

Is there anything like an officer's club at the Pentagon? Somewhere that serves alcohol?
            According to the Wikipedia entry, there are various fast food outlets. But no mention of a bar.

Or, if there isn't such a thing, would Jack O'Neill keep a couple of bottles of beer in a mini fridge somewhere in his office?
            sigpic
            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I really can't see Jack drinking alcohol while on duty, regardless of how he doesn't always follow the rules (this is also why I have a problem with Sam and Vala drinking wine on base somewhere in season 10).
              Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
              Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
              On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Hmm, a couple of bottles of non-alcoholic "near beer" then?
                sigpic
                Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

"Near Beer"... YUCK...!

I am sure there is an O-Club at the Pentagon that would serve alcohol.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Ok, thanks for the help folks.

Pentagon O-club it is. But what would it be called?
                    sigpic

Comment

I believe it would be named after a famous US General or Admiral. Or even after a famous soldier or airman.
                      But it would have to have the rule of no 'shop talk'.
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                        I believe it would be named after a famous US General or Admiral. Or even after a famous soldier or airman.
                        Maybe "Bergstrom's", after George Bergstom the architect who designed the building?
                        But it would have to have the rule of no 'shop talk'.
                        Yeah.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                          Is there anything like an officer's club at the Pentagon? Somewhere that serves alcohol?
                          According to the Wikipedia entry, there are various fast food outlets. But no mention of a bar.

Or, if there isn't such a thing, would Jack O'Neill keep a couple of bottles of beer in a mini fridge somewhere in his office?
                          This (http://www.stripes.com/hagel-orders-...eport-1.281284) does sound as if there is alcohol consumed at the Pentagon.

But according to this (http://www.fas.org/sgp/news/2007/05/fr052507.html)

Sec. 234.11 Alcoholic beverages and controlled substances.

(a) Alcoholic beverages. The consumption of alcoholic beverages or
                          the possession of an open container of an alcoholic beverage within the
                          Pentagon Reservation is prohibited unless authorized by the Director,
                          Washington Headquarters Services, or his designee, the Installation
                          Commander, or the Heads of the Military Departments, or their
                          designees. Written notice of such authorizations shall be provided to
                          the Pentagon Force Protection Agency.
                          (b) Controlled substances. The following are prohibited:
                          (1) The delivery of a controlled substance, except when
                          distribution is made by a licensed physician or pharmacist in
                          accordance with applicable law. For the purposes of this paragraph,
                          delivery means the actual, attempted, or constructive transfer of a
                          controlled substance.
                          (2) The possession of a controlled substance, unless such substance
                          was obtained by the possessor directly from, or pursuant to a valid
                          prescription or order by, a licensed physician or pharmacist, or as
                          otherwise allowed by Federal or State law.
                          (c) Presence on the Pentagon Reservation when under the influence
                          of alcohol, a drug, a controlled substance, or any combination thereof,
                          to a degree that may endanger oneself or another person, or damage
                          property, is prohibited.
                          It sounds like there would be no alchohol, except under special circumstances, like maybe a celebration of some kind
                          My ships: sigpic
                          (Sam/Jack, Sam/Rodney, Sam/Martouf/Lantash, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet)

Sam/Jack, Sam/Cam, Sam/Daniel, Sam/Janet, and Sam/Rodney smilies made by the talented zuz - THANKS. Smilies merged into one sig by the awesome Nolamom - THANKS!

Comment

Ok, change of plans. A quick look at Google Maps shows at least ten bars/restaurants within half a mile of the Pentagon.

One of them will do for what I have in mind.
                            sigpic

Comment

While I'm sure alcohol is officially forbidden, I'm also sure there's more than one bottle of scotch in a lower desk drawer.

as long as no one knows you have it, no one knows.

Kinda like the fic that has Hammond offering Jack a drink out of the bottle of jack daniels....an occasional shot and no one cares. just dont' let the staff smell it on your breath or drink too much.
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

That's kind of what I originally had in mind, Sky.

Gen. O'Neill and Major Hunter (my OC) have a quick belt of something alcohol related as a toast to absent friends.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X