Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they were just called Stun grenades as far as I could remember.
    "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

*You got the touch! You got the poweeeeer!*

"Arise, Woolseyus Prime."

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Thanks.
      sigpic
      Don't try to pull any crap on Magnus... if you know what's good for you.

Comment

I've always thought that killing characters opens a whole other dimension to your story. The idea of a "happy perfect ending" is actually very restrictive and the drive to create it can end up compromising otherwise great fics.

I can't help but have more respect for the fics and writers who dare to really "go there" and make the potentially unpopular decisions becasue they make the most sense for the story. That's the braver thing to do.

Good luck!
        Oh SBZ I'm so glad I'm not the only one who thinks this way. I'm in the middle of a fic that is going to have character deaths, and I'm dreading those chapters because I worry the readers are going to mob me! Even though they've been warned! But seriously, I am looking forward to writing some epic failure... it just isn't written often enough, and seems to be much more interesting to write.

Does anyone know if there is a name for the goa'uld flash-bang grendade things?
        I agree with Infinite-Possibilities, I've just always heard of them being called Goa'uld stun grenades.
        sigpic
        "A Serpent guard, a Horus guard and a Setesh guard meet on a neutral planet..."

Comment

So, kind of an odd request today.

I have a line I want Jack to say in one of my stories but for the life of me I can't figure out something to fill the (?). I want something funny and something I can see him saying but so drawing a blank.

"It's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. No, I take that back. (?) is the stupidest thing I ever heard. But this? This is definitely second."

Got any suggestions?

Comment

the designated hitter rule?
            Kinsey getting reelected?
            some hockey rule that's contraversal
            'deep space telemetry' (referring to the sgc's cover story)
            Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              the designated hitter rule?
              Kinsey getting reelected?
              some hockey rule that's contraversal
              'deep space telemetry' (referring to the sgc's cover story)
              Oh, I wish I would have thought of DST! I went with hockey. The LA Kings (according to the net, the worst NHL team ever) winning the Stanley Cup being the stupidest thing Jack had ever heard.

*shrugs* Oh well. Thanks for the tips!

Comment

Atlantis has an internal comm system right? I'm trying to remember exactly how people communicate across the city. I know they all have radios, but if Woolsey for example wanted to contact all of Sheppard's team at once he'd contact them on the radios they have right? But if someone wanted to broadcast a message to everyone in the city they'd use the city comms. Is that a scenario that sounds at all accurate?
                Last edited by Infinite-Possibilities; 17 April 2009, 08:47 PM.
                "First Weir, then Samantha Carter, and now, you! It's a pity you humans die or get reassigned so easily, or I might have a sense of satisfaction now!"

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Originally posted by Infinite-Possibilities View Post
                  Atlantis has an internal comm system right? I'm trying to remember exactly how people communicate across the city. I know they all have radios, but if Woolsey for example wanted to contact all of Sheppard's team at once he'd contact them on the radios they have right? But if someone wanted to broadcast a message to everyone in the city they'd use the city comms. Is that a scenario that sounds at all accurate?

I think if I understand it right, their ear piece radios can be broadcast city-wide because anytime Elizabeth would ask one of the technicians to go city wide, she didn't stand somewhere specific. She just used her ear bug.

Comment

IIRC in one of the first 2 or 3 episodes one of the kids from Teyla's people get's lost. They thought a room was a store room and it turned out to be a transporter. As he didn't know how to get back and they didn't know where he had gon Elizabeth did use an internal system to broadcast a message all accross the city hoping he would be able to hear it.

http://www.gateworld.net/atlantis/s1/103.shtml - 4th Paragraph down.
                    sigpic

Comment

Can anyone tell me where Charlie O'Neill is buried? I have several reviewers who are sure Charlie was buried in Colorado Springs, but I cannot bring to mind a single line from the series that specifically touches on the location of his grave...

Thanks.
                      sigpic

Comment

there is no canon location for charlie's grave. fanon has jack and sara living in colorado springs simply for ease of visiting the grave and on the implication that samuels came to get jack in the pilot, and later in the first season he sees Sara and she's not all 'wow, came from out of town' acting, but acts like it's not uncommon to see him
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I'm pretty sure Charlie being buried in Colorado Springs is just fanon, too ... one of those things you read so often it just becomes true. I was wracking my brain here, trying to think of a single reference since so many people were so sure I was wrong.

That'll teach me to go against fanon, eh?
                          sigpic

Comment

I am a little out of touch with American geography so could anyone give me a few "directions"?

Does the San Fransisco Bay that Atlantis landed in connect to the ocean? Is is a coastal city? Could Atlantis just back out of the bay into more open water in order to operate?

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

depends which side of the bridge they landed on. if it's INSIDE the bay, then they'd have to take off in order to get out. I'm inclined to believe they landed on the ocean side of the bay, in which case yes they could just tow it away (although how many tugs would it take to move something that big!?)

here's a picture to get the idea, you can also just look on Google Earth.

The bridge is up near the top.

Comment

This might be just my inexperience with doing many length stories of this caliber but is there a way to deal with repetitiveness when writing about dialogue? Because recently I've done the first draft of most of the first act, and I kind feel I've exhausted almost all possible combination of "said," "spoke," "mentioned" or whatever. Maybe this is just the way to proceed with this thing but by this point I keep feeling I've been typing this word too much.

"Elizabeth..."

Comment

Working...
                                X