This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fems View Post
    I guess, technically, it's both! ö Hum, what to use then...
    For me, it's all about context. But yes, both can be technically correct.
    Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
      For me, it's all about context. But yes, both can be technically correct.
      No, I meant in my case it's a bit of both, actually. So, now I'm still no closer to an answer... I think I might just go with 'concerned for'.
      Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
      Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
      On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Ah. Well, sorry I was absolutely no help at all.

Comment

Well, I still appreciate your quick responses!
          Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
          On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
            Well, I still appreciate your quick responses!
            My pleasure!

Comment

I'd say (if this helps) that being concerned for someone is a little more formal than being worried about someone. In other words, I'd be concerned for someone I didn't know well, but worried about family or close friends.

Seaboe
              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
                I'd say (if this helps) that being concerned for someone is a little more formal than being worried about someone. In other words, I'd be concerned for someone I didn't know well, but worried about family or close friends.

Seaboe
                Thanks!

I already changed it to 'worried about' after putting the two next to each other and deciding I liked the look of it best.
                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Do you American folks know what WD-40 is?
                  sigpic
                  Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                  To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                  And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                    That's a kind of oil for cars, correct?
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

WD-40...!

Now that is something I have not heard mentioned in a very long time...!
                      "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                      Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                      Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                      Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                      I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                      To thy own self... Be true
                      May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Lol, yeah. If it doesn't move everything and it should...WD-40. If it does move and it should 't... duct tape.

Comment

It's a spray substance that loosens up things that are too tight, nuts, bolts, etc. It's been around for many years.

Comment

Ok, so broadly speaking Americans do know what WD-40 is.

Good to know.
                            sigpic
                            Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                            To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                            And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Water Displacement formula #40.

I have a spray can of it in my basement.

Seaboe
                              If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Ok, so broadly speaking Americans do know what WD-40 is.

Good to know.
                                Oh yeah. I used nearly an entire can of it when attempting to get the license plates off my car, so I could put new ones on. It took me, my brother, a guy at the auto supply store, and me again (and a fair amount of cursing), to get the darned things off.

It's also good for fixing squeaky wheels and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X