Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WW, I may have links to some of the info you want at home. Facebook me tonight and remind me to look.

As for crushing on older vs younger men, I often crushed on older guys even when I was an adolescent. Now that I'm nearly fifty... Yeah, I still drool mostly over the ones 45 and up, both in terms of celebrities I'll never even sniff and guys in real life. The young ones may be visually pretty, but for some reason they generally don't get my juices flowing, as it were.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

It's funny - pretty guys, as a general rule, do nothing for me besides make me smile when I see their pictures. For a guy to really rev my engine, he needs to have some rugged and/or "lived in" sort of qualities. Lines on the face, body hair (but let's not get excessive about this), scars (though generally not tattoos), etc. Something that shows some life. The ones that are so pretty they look "soft" are basically pretty mannequins in my mind. So I've always gone for the guy with personality written on his body.
      Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Harrison Ford for example?
        sigpic
        Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
        To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
        And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
          Harrison Ford for example?
          That's a very good example.
          Visit me all over the place! FFN | AO3 | My Website |Twitter |Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
            Civilians can do lots of jobs on post (Army has posts not bases). They frequently work the cash registers in the Commissary (usually part of a shopping plaza called the PX - Post Exchange). Within the PX there are fast food restaurants and other shops often manned by civilians. If there's a school on post many of the teachers may be civilians. Same with some of the personnel in the hospital (if they have one on post). There are others, I'm sure - but those are the ones I know of for sure.

Upper age was 30 a few years ago - might be the same now. (?)

As for the other, I don't know. Sorry!
            Thanks, Amara! Told you my brain wasn't working today. I would imagine the credit union would also use civilians, perhaps the gas station.

Sorry. Too many years spent with the Air Force. I guess I'll need a beta to catch those things, for sure; I don't even notice them. Which is weird, though, as BB was born on post, not base.

Originally posted by SF_and_Coffee View Post
            WW, I may have links to some of the info you want at home. Facebook me tonight and remind me to look.

As for crushing on older vs younger men, I often crushed on older guys even when I was an adolescent. Now that I'm nearly fifty... Yeah, I still drool mostly over the ones 45 and up, both in terms of celebrities I'll never even sniff and guys in real life. The young ones may be visually pretty, but for some reason they generally don't get my juices flowing, as it were.
            Most of the young ones don't do anything for me. Besides, I think Zac's my youngest crush.

Will appreciate the links. As you know, my guys are Air Force (17 years ago) and Navy. LB is interested in the Army, but doesn't have a recruiter just yet; my dad & FIL are both former Army, but probably wouldn't know/remember, assuming regs haven't changed, of course, in the past 40-50 years.
            sigpic
            Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
            Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Amara D'Angeli View Post
              It's funny - pretty guys, as a general rule, do nothing for me besides make me smile when I see their pictures. For a guy to really rev my engine, he needs to have some rugged and/or "lived in" sort of qualities. Lines on the face, body hair (but let's not get excessive about this), scars (though generally not tattoos), etc. Something that shows some life. The ones that are so pretty they look "soft" are basically pretty mannequins in my mind. So I've always gone for the guy with personality written on his body.
              I prefer a little scruff and some body hair, but mainly, I look for the eyes. The eyes get me EVERY FRAKKIN' TIME.

And honestly, I love a few tats--not full sleeves, but a few here and there.
              sigpic
              Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
              Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

It's the eyes for me as well.
                sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Speaking from the male perspective.
                  I tend to go for the personality. And the smile. That's why I am a fan of Teryl Rothry amongst others.
                  "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
                  Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
                  Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
                  Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
                  I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
                  To thy own self... Be true
                  May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

Originally posted by Starfist View Post
                    I tend to go for the personality. And the smile. That's why I am a fan of Teryl Rothry amongst others.
                    Oh yes, Teryl's a lovely lady.

Barking mad of course...
                    sigpic
                    Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                    To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                    And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

She does have a lovely smile. It's funny, though, I also gauge how attractive women are based on their eyes. Not just the color, but the sparkle and the laugh lines, as well. Also the mouth on both sexes, now that I think of it; I'm totally attracted (both sexually and as friends) to folks who smile a lot--the evidence of such will naturally show in fine lines around the eyes and mouth.

All right, I need to go rest for a bit, so long as the neighbor's dog doesn't start going off again. Running a few errands has totally sapped my energy.
                      sigpic

Comment

Yeah...even from a female perspective, Teryl is lovely. She's not an empty kind of beautiful, either: there is sparkle and depth there that catches you by surprise.
                        sigpic
                        sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                        "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

I swear I had a Fic Help question for the group...but I can't remember it.

ok...time for bed.
                          sigpic
                          sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                          "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Oh! Oh!

I remembered!

If someone was high on heroin in the last 24 hours, and treated for gunshot wound at the hospital, and was put on a morphine drip...

Are there likely side effects that I need to be aware of? Would it tamp down the impending heroin withdrawl? Are there negative side effects (ie: depressed respiration or cardiac rhythm because of both in the system).

And before you ask...the hospital staff are unaware of the heroin.

kay...thanks.
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Unless the patient was unconscious, they would have asked or seen that he was high. Heroin is injected into the bloodstream so it leaves a mark on arms, legs, ... wherever else on injects themselfves.

If they really are unaware... I'm not sure. Maybe this site might help -> Drug interactions.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SaraBahama View Post
                                Oh! Oh!

I remembered!

If someone was high on heroin in the last 24 hours, and treated for gunshot wound at the hospital, and was put on a morphine drip...

Are there likely side effects that I need to be aware of? Would it tamp down the impending heroin withdrawl? Are there negative side effects (ie: depressed respiration or cardiac rhythm because of both in the system).

And before you ask...the hospital staff are unaware of the heroin.

kay...thanks.
                                They could very well die... morphine and heroin are very similar opiates (both depressants) and by taking one, you could say it reinforces the effect of the other. That's why (heroin) addicts often don't get opiates/strong painkillers in hospitals and why recovering addicts shy away from them.

If the hospital staff is somehow unaware of the heroin in the patient's system the morphine they will give them after surgery might cause an overdose. Alternatively, a heroin habit would probably make their tolerance higher and if the heroin has already left their system (I don't know how long this would take and it would also depend on how much they'd taken), then the anesthesia for the operation required to treat the gunshot wound might not be enough and they could wake up during surgery...
                                Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                                Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                                On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Working...
                                X