Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh... I had one more question about this fanfic i'm writing. It's an Atlantis one and it's around the end of season three. Did Ronon have any family? If he did, how would he react, do you think, if he encountered say...his younger sister on some off-world mission? It's just a thought i had and i'm wondering what everyone thinks of it. thanks!
    I am NOT slashing these two!!
    sigpic
    beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
      Oh... I had one more question about this fanfic i'm writing. It's an Atlantis one and it's around the end of season three. Did Ronon have any family? If he did, how would he react, do you think, if he encountered say...his younger sister on some off-world mission? It's just a thought i had and i'm wondering what everyone thinks of it. thanks!
      they did "reunion" in season 4, other than that only his wife was mentioned in "sateda".

Comment

Originally posted by DanielleG View Post
        When did Atlantis get in contact with earth again? (I want to write a fan fiction but have a few questions). Are they still in contact with Earth? (I only begun watching season 1 so I just watch underground so I am not quite caught up)
        They got back in touch with Earth at the end of Season 1 and stayed in contact from then on until the end of Season 3/beginning of Season 4 when they were briefly out of contact again.

Originally posted by Marie C. View Post
        Originally posted by Crazy Tom View Post
        they did "reunion" in season 4, other than that only his wife was mentioned in "sateda".
        She wasn't his wife, Ronon described her as "as good as" his wife in Sunday. So one can assume fiancée or long-term partner. Beyond that we have no idea of what family Ronon had - certainly in Sateda the only person we saw him concerned about/grieving for etc was girlfriend/fiancée, Melana. From Reunion we know that he is continuing to search for the other survivors of Sateda that he knows (from Letters from Pegasus) are out there in Pegasus.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Alipeeps View Post
          She wasn't his wife, Ronon described her as "as good as" his wife in Sunday. So one can assume fiancée or long-term partner. Beyond that we have no idea of what family Ronon had - certainly in Sateda the only person we saw him concerned about/grieving for etc was girlfriend/fiancée, Melana. From Reunion we know that he is continuing to search for the other survivors of Sateda that he knows (from Letters from Pegasus) are out there in Pegasus.
          Thanks for the info, Alipeeps and Crazy Tom! sadly, i haven't seen season four because i don't have cable! i have to wait until it comes out on DVD. thank you so much!
          I am NOT slashing these two!!
          sigpic
          beautiful pic made by Luciana

Comment

Writing my first Atlantis fanfic I have some John Sheppard backstory questions. I'm currently in the middle of season three, so I don't know all that might have been revealed about his life on earth.

We know he was a pilot, that he went in to rescue friends in Afghanistan, failed to save the life of the pilot he tried to save, and that he's got a black mark on his military record because of the record.

Do we know *anything* else about him, his family, his military service.....anything?

Also.....how tolerant is this fandom when it comes to canon mistakes? I will do my best to get canon right when it comes to Atlantis......but I haven't seen SG-1 and I get the sneaking feeling there is a lot of established cannon that crosses over which I have no clue about.

Comment

Originally posted by jetflair View Post
              Writing my first Atlantis fanfic I have some John Sheppard backstory questions. I'm currently in the middle of season three, so I don't know all that might have been revealed about his life on earth.

We know he was a pilot, that he went in to rescue friends in Afghanistan, failed to save the life of the pilot he tried to save, and that he's got a black mark on his military record because of the record.

Do we know *anything* else about him, his family, his military service.....anything?

Also.....how tolerant is this fandom when it comes to canon mistakes? I will do my best to get canon right when it comes to Atlantis......but I haven't seen SG-1 and I get the sneaking feeling there is a lot of established cannon that crosses over which I have no clue about.
              We don't know a huge amount more than what you've said... and what we do know was revealed in Sunday (Season 3) and Outcast (Season 4):

Spoilers for Outcast:
              Spoiler:
              He was married (we don't know for how long) to a woman named Nancy. She works for Homeland Security. At the time of Outcast (Season 4) she hadn't seen him/heard from him in over 4 years. He has a brother, Dave, and his family are wealthy - his dad was an industrialist. He had fallen out with his dad some time ago, we don't know how long exactly, and he left and hasn't been in contact since, assuming that's what his dad wanted. His brother Dave stayed behind and ran the family business and looked after their father in his later years. His father died without them ever reconciling but, according to Dave, he regretted what happened between he and John. John told Ronon his dad had had his whole life planned out for him from the age of about 14 and it was clear he found this stifling - the implication being that part of what he and his dad fell out over is John not doing what dad wanted (running the family business?) and going off and doing his own thing (joining the Air Force?). It was also strongly implied by both Dave and Nancy that John was involved in Special Ops stuff -- not being able to talk about his work and taking calls in the middle of the night and upping and leaving for a mission etc.

And that's about it. Hope that helps.
              sigpic

Comment

Thank you so much! That does help

Comment

Hey, I didn't know where else to put this so yeah, anyway.
                  I'm looking for a story on Fanfiction.net. McKay's packing up Sheppards stuff and he keeps flashing back to when Sheppards team was caught by the Genii (i think) and Sheppard traded himself in to save his team. It's a really good story and I'd like to find it. If anyone knows it please please tell me. Thanks.
                  sigpic

http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1142444/pranksta-4-lyf

R.I.P. Pike River Miners

Spoiler:
                  It was all fun and games until Kyle chased a weka.
                  I once ate two buns.
                  I'll stand in the water while you wash your carrots.
                  Let go of my arm, you stupid anemone!

Comment

Originally posted by Pranksta View Post
                    Hey, I didn't know where else to put this so yeah, anyway.
                    I'm looking for a story on Fanfiction.net. McKay's packing up Sheppards stuff and he keeps flashing back to when Sheppards team was caught by the Genii (i think) and Sheppard traded himself in to save his team. It's a really good story and I'd like to find it. If anyone knows it please please tell me. Thanks.
                    Oooh gosh. I remember that one. Ummm... I'm pretty sure it was by one of the folks who posts fic to the Sheppard H/C LJ comm...

Maybe Sholio or Kodiak Bear Country on ffnet? Or Titan5? Someone like that...
                    sigpic

Comment

I'm considering writing my second sg1 fanfic but i had a few questions that i couldn't find the answers to on stargate wiki or whatever its called.

in season seven how old is Cassie. and is Lt Hailey still a cadet.

thanks

Comment

cassie was about 12 in season one, so she'd be about 18 in season 7

hailey wouldn't still be a cadet. the academy is a 4 year school, so i think she'd be graduated by season seven. I had the idea that she was a junior or senior in season four. so she'd be a first lieutenant somewhere
                        Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                          lol, yes he is whumpable

if you're interested, here's a good group for research

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/fanfic_med/

generally speaking, if you want your character to survive, don't let them have an arterial injury unless they're in the sgc. In the case of the aorta (main chest artery off the heart), pulmonary (the artery to the lung), femoral (leg artery) or brachial artery (in the arms) - and the ever popular carotid (neck) arteries, if any of those are damaged/severed, your character has about 4-8 minutes before they bleed to death
                          I'm new to this site, but so glad I started trawling through old threads.
                          I wish I'd known the above group existed years ago, when I first started 'whumping' (love that btw) Sam Beckett from Quantum Leap!

Oh and for the records, in WW2, they used the juice of young coconuts as a substitute for blood plasma, with life saving results. I found that researching a QL fanfic I wrote some time ago.

On a related note, can anyone tell me if Stargate ever established blood types for the SG1 team?
                          Specifically, could Samantha Carter donate blood to Jack O'Neill, or are their blood groups incompatible?

Comment

Ignore, problem solved.
                            Last edited by Polybius; 28 March 2008, 05:08 AM. Reason: Solved

Comment

to the best of my knowledge, no

i seem to recall amanda bringing one of sam's dogtags to gatecon and auctioning it off and she said sam's blood type was A+, but nothing on the others

sam never donated blood to any of them. there was the whole legacy thing where her blood kicked out machello's slugs but they'd taken the blood part out (as in the red blood cells) and injected all the proteins that were left over
                              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Can someone please tell me exactly what a Marysue is? I've seen this term on/in fics before but I'm not quite sure what it means. I have only the smallest of inklings and I would like to know if I'm close.

Thanx to anyone who can help.
                                sigpic
                                Sig by ME.

Comment

Working...
                                X