This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    What do you do about massive flames that not only insult you but your readers?
    Totally depends on the review(s) and who, if signed in, made them.
    Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
    Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
    On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

This person actually was signed in. And yes, I reported them. Now I just have to wait to see what is done about it.
      I hope you get it sorted, there's no need to leave nasty reviews.
      sigpic
      McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
      Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
      ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

This person actually was signed in. And yes, I reported them. Now I just have to wait to see what is done about it.
        If this was on ff.net, your best bet is to block them from future reviews and I believe you can delete their review as well. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for help from the mods of ff.net, who are as elusive as the unicorn.
        sigpic
        Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
        Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
          If this was on ff.net, your best bet is to block them from future reviews and I believe you can delete their review as well. I wouldn't hold your breath waiting for help from the mods of ff.net, who are as elusive as the unicorn.
          How do I block them from future reviews?
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Block and/or ignore. Do not feed the trolls.

Seaboe
            If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

Originally posted by Seaboe Muffinchucker View Post
              Block and/or ignore. Do not feed the trolls.

Seaboe
              Oh I've blocked her.
              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

So I'm doing this 1 Sentence challenge from LJ and you have a table of 50 words and you've gotta write a sentence for each word. I've got about 8 of them done, but I'm kinda struggling for ideas on what to put for Sensual, can anyone suggest any ideas, like a situation where the word Sensual could be used. I'm doing it for Colonel Reynolds and my OFC.
                sigpic
                McKay: A Bow and arrow, what is this, Lord of the Rings.
                Tony: Why do you think I call him Legolas.
                ff.net - a03 || Tumblr

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
                  Totally locking out the gate will depend on whether or not the SGC will send help.

Now if SG1 was fleeing from another planet, then the SGC has no idea where they are so can't come after them. But if they were leaving from the SGC and didn't make their return, SOP is to open the gate, try for communication, send a UAV and possibly a rescue team.

All depends on your plot of course.

You said a cave on an island.....what if the cave holding the gate is under the high tide line? and, on this planet, high tide lasts for days. Add some turbulence and waves and rocks and you make it suicide to try and dial out, or for the SGC to dial in.
                  Very clever...I will ponder it. I was going to have the SGC in contact, but reluctant to send a rescue team and simply get them trapped as well. At this point there is going to be some issues for SG1 to take care of without SGC backup. I assume if I have a missing red power crystal, the SGC could just send one through the gate??
                  sigpic
                  sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                  "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                    Is there a difference between disobeying and defying an order? For example, in SG-1's season one finale the team is disobeying orders by going through the gate [to stop Apophis] and in Upgrades the team sneaks off base to eat steak etc and Jack tells Hammond they were defying orders.
                    Sorry it took me a bit. I asked my son (he's in a military program) and he said disobeying is just ignoring orders, defying is when you know the orders and you make an informed choice to do something different. If they were under direct orders to NOT leave the base, then leaving would be defying an order; disobeying would be if they know that they shouldn't, but there's no real immediate directive against it. Defying an order is more confrontational--"You're wrong, I'm right, and I'm gonna do what I want." (more of flipping a Bird the bird, if you get my drift). Disobeying is less intense, more sneaky--"We're not supposed to leave the base, but I'm dying for a steak. Let's go to Joe's Steakhouse; we won't get caught."
                    sigpic
                    Sig by Bay, for my birthday. Find me on fanfiction.net, AO3, or fictionpress.com. If you are over 18, I invite you to read my blogs. On Blogger: Other Worlds, Other Loves On Wordpress: Other Worlds, Other Loves.
                    Fennyman: "Who is that?" Henslowe: "Nobody. The author." (From Shakespeare in Love)

Comment

They wouldn't send a replacement crystal. there's a bit of a shortage on those (as in the show's never had spares), what they'd send is a naqahdah generator to power the gate so it can be dialed.

What if....what if there's a flu epidemic going through the SGC and they simply lack the staff to go on a rescue unless they really have to? or if the SGC is quarantined, so no one can physically come? What if another team brought back something, and the base is locked down and no one can leave?
                      Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Whytewytch View Post
                        Sorry it took me a bit. I asked my son (he's in a military program) and he said disobeying is just ignoring orders, defying is when you know the orders and you make an informed choice to do something different. If they were under direct orders to NOT leave the base, then leaving would be defying an order; disobeying would be if they know that they shouldn't, but there's no real immediate directive against it. Defying an order is more confrontational--"You're wrong, I'm right, and I'm gonna do what I want." (more of flipping a Bird the bird, if you get my drift). Disobeying is less intense, more sneaky--"We're not supposed to leave the base, but I'm dying for a steak. Let's go to Joe's Steakhouse; we won't get caught."
                        Aha, thank you. So in the case of Upgrades it was defying an order because Hammond had confined them to base, while it was disobeying orders in the season one finale because the SGC had been shut down (on orders of the higher-ups/POTUS)? I figured it was something like that but I couldn't find a straight answer or an explanation about the difference, so I wasn't sure whether I was just grasping at straws to explain a writer's phrasing or if there was an actual difference.
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Originally posted by fems View Post
                          Aha, thank you. So in the case of Upgrades it was defying an order because Hammond had confined them to base, while it was disobeying orders in the season one finale because the SGC had been shut down (on orders of the higher-ups/POTUS)? I figured it was something like that but I couldn't find a straight answer or an explanation about the difference, so I wasn't sure whether I was just grasping at straws to explain a writer's phrasing or if there was an actual difference.
                          It's just a very fine line, that's the difficulty. Glad I could help/clarify (or teen could ).
                          sigpic

Comment

Does anyone here know how write Cameron Mitchell really well?

Comment

Probably a silly question, but is the window glass in the SGC Control Room and in the Briefing Room bulletproof?
                              sigpic
                              Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
                              To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
                              And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

Originally posted by BruTak View Post
                                Probably a silly question, but is the window glass in the SGC Control Room and in the Briefing Room bulletproof?
                                I don't think so. We've seen two people fighting and falling through the window (The Broca Divide) and it shattering under the gravity coming through the Stargate in A Matter of Time. I think there have been a few more incidents where it was under fire or broke but nothing comes to mind right now. However, we do know that when a team comes in hot or the gate is otherwise under fire they tend to close the blast door (or more like screen) in front of the window of the briefing room and control room...
                                On FFnet or AO3

Comment

Working...
                                X