Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd have to say B. Although I suppose the most shocking thing for me might be finding out that I have a niece...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
    Sum, ergo scribo...

My own site ** FF.net * All That We Leave Behind * Symbiotica ** AO3
    sigpic
    now also appearing on DeviantArt
    Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

As I said, it's a hypothetical question.

Thanks.
      sigpic
      Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,
      To the night and its stars, to the here and now with who we are.

Another sunrise with my sad captains, with who I choose to lose my mind,
      And if it's all we only pass this way but once, what a perfect waste of time.

Comment

I was simply injecting a bit of humor. Having a niece would be a surprise, given that I have neither siblings nor spouse...

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic
        Explore Colonel Frank Cromwell's odyssey after falling through the Stargate in Season Two's A Matter of Time, and follow Jack's search for him. Significant Tok'ra supporting characters and a human culture drawn from the annals of history. Book One of the series By Honor Bound.

Comment

I've two nieces myself. Love them to bits, even if they are a pair of cheeky minxes.
          sigpic
          Long before you and I were born, others beat these benches with their empty cups,

Comment

My ex-husband's two nieces are wonderful young ladies. One is in college, the other in high school. I haven't seen them in a couple of years.

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
            Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Before I answer I have to say that I have 3 nieces. Who I love to pieces. And would protect until my last breath.

But my answer would be A...!
              "What do you mean by 'Oopps'?"
              Team Starfist protects all. But having a fully loaded P-90 helps...
              Reality is an illusion... Created by those who cannot handle Stargate...!
              Jankowski's Rules: Rule 1: Check your Six!
              I'm not perfect. But parts of me are excellent I also cook...!
              To thy own self... Be true
              May the odds.... Be ever in your favour..!

Comment

My answer would be C!

(And I only have nephews..)
                sigpic
                sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

B, definitely. For the record, I have two of each, nephews and nieces.

Seaboe
                  If you're going to allow yourself to be offended by a cat, you might as well just pack it in -- Steven Brust

Comment

I'd go with C, but that's just me.
                    sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                    https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Hmmm... Ok. I've had a think, and I'm gonna go with B.

She's accused of killing her boyfriend/fiancée (who's disappeared). Her immediate family are no help (they say go to the authorities). So she turns to her not-quite uncle (his wife and her mother are distantly related, third cousins or somesuch) for help.

Sound good?
                      sigpic

Comment

Makes sense... except that a cousin of one's parent is a cousin, not an uncle. But yeah, sounds like the setup for an interesting story!

(Yes, I'm female. Okay?)
                        Sum, ergo scribo...

sigpic

Comment

Gawd knows when I'll actually get round to writing it, but hey ho, it's always better to plan ahead.
                          sigpic

Comment

Sounds good -go forth and write!!
                            sigpic
                            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
                            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

Should be nice.
                              sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
                              https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

I'd find the accusation of murder more shocking. I'd hope my nieces wouldn't get into trouble with their boyfriends (although since one is 18 months, the other almost 6, I'm having a hard time wrapping my head around boyfriends)

Girls getting pregnant has been happening since the dawn of time, but the accusation of murder would be a bit hard to handle
                                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X