This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
    I've never been to a scifi convention, other than the X-files convention that came right before the movie. I'm thinking about going to the one in the NYC area, but the price-tag is really hefty, and I have no idea if it's worth. If anyone is planning to go, or has already been to a creation event, how are they, and if you're going to the nyc one, maybe a group meeting isn't a bad idea.

Phil
    I will be going to the NYC area Convention this coming Aug 7/8. I think I will have a few friends in tote. Let me know if we all want to get together or something. I think it would be great!!!

Comment

Convention virign here as well. Problem is I live in Atlanta and thats a long way from....well just about anywhere. I was thinkning about taking the trip to Chicago, but thats a good chunk of change plus the fact I would have to tell my friends and family why I was going. Of course it would almost be worth it to see the reactions on there faces . Anywho, like the rest of you I wouldn't must some convention vets to impart alittle experience about their trips and whether its worth the time (and money).
      Virtue is more to be feared than vice, because its excesses are not subject to the regulation of conscience. -Adam Smith

Comment

Chevron Nine currently has a contest going on right now, for a chance to win a Gold pass to the Chicago Creation Con.

Contest rules
        Two different winners will be selected to receive tickets to the Stargate Convention in Chicago, IL. To participate all you need to do is reply to this thread. You can say anything you like (inside of our code of conduct). You may only reply once, if you reply more than once both entries will be disqualified. When you have done this, you will notice that your post has a reply number next to it. That's your contest entry number. So the first person to reply to this thread will be number 1, the next is number 2 and so on. On June 30th, 2004 we will draw two numbers randomly. If your reply number matches of of the two the numbers drawn, YOU WIN! It's just that simple. The short of it is... POST NOW!

So you only have two more days to enter to have a chance to win, but your chances are not that bad.

We'll be drawing live on our Stargate IRC Network, so be there

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Good Morning and i like the graphics on your opening page
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Well thanks, I have no clue how they're made

I'm just the mod

We have drawn the winners, and they have already claimed their tickets.

There will many more contests, to win more great prizes so keep your eye for an announcement on the homepage really soon...

Chevron Nine - A Stargate Atlantis Fan Site

Check out Chevron Nine's exclusive new interview with Stargate Atlantis director David Winning

Comment

Hi all! Hey, Lexa! Have you given up on the Scifi board entirely? Haven't seen you around.

USS Thunderchild, I'm going to the NYC area con but I bought a day pass for Sunday - to see Mr. Shanks of course! This will be my first convention & I'm goin' it alone, so I'll be happy if I can meet up with some fellow fans.
              e7of7

"It's not having what you want. It's wanting what you've got." - Sheryl Crow

Comment

Hi, did you know that the new Stargate SG-3000 ride is at Six Flags Chicago? I heard that Creation may be planning some kind of event with them the weekend of the convention. Has anyone ridden the ride?

Airman
                Last edited by Airman; 16 July 2004, 05:37 PM. Reason: Perfectionist

Comment

OK, I think I'm just a little tooo jealous of the people at Gatecon, so I might have to break down and go to the Chicago con (it would drive me crazy knowing its soooo close....)
                  What's everyone's thinking on this?
                  I'm afraid I'm a convention virgin too but it sounds like I'm not the only one
                  I'm all for meeting up at the con too (at least I would know someone!!).

Comment

Me again! Out of purely selfish motvies I'm going to repost here every now and then to keep this thread on the front page, in order to entice people to buy tickets to the con!
                    BTW, have tickets in hand (well, email I guess!). PM me if you want to meet up at the con

Comment

i am also a convention newbie, but I signed up for the Chicago convention with all the trimmings. I'm really looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by Otis
                        i am also a convention newbie, but I signed up for the Chicago convention with all the trimmings. I'm really looking forward to it!
                        Yaay! Another innocent Gater pulled into the con web....
                        (Like I can talk, I haven't been to one either ).
                        Define "all the trimmings"???? As in, Gold package and photos with everyone?? *green with jealousy!*
                        At the very least it'd be fun to meet up with other GW-ers!!

I'm so excited I'm twitching... and its 5 weeks yet!

Comment

Hi all! I just got my ticket to the NY/NJ con in roughly two weeks. I'm REALLY bummed 'cause AT was supposed to be there & now she's not coming She got a tv movie deal & will be filming. WAAAH! I will very much enjoy seeing MS, though!

When is that Chicago con anyway? I don't know about you guys, but I've never gone to anything like this before & I'm feeling a little weird about it now that it's close. I'm actually getting really nervous! What in the world am I going to say when I come face to face with Michael Shanks?! I'm convinced I'm going to make a complete a** of myself!

BTW, I just found out you can buy a separate ticket to the charity breakfast. Now I just have to decide if I can cough up another $65 to get in!

Have fun everyone!
                          e7of7

Comment

Originally posted by e7of7
                            Hi all! I just got my ticket to the NY/NJ con in roughly two weeks. I'm REALLY bummed 'cause AT was supposed to be there & now she's not coming She got a tv movie deal & will be filming. WAAAH! I will very much enjoy seeing MS, though!
                            Yeah, that's a downer... but family always comes first!

When is that Chicago con anyway? I don't know about you guys, but I've never gone to anything like this before & I'm feeling a little weird about it now that it's close. I'm actually getting really nervous! What in the world am I going to say when I come face to face with Michael Shanks?! I'm convinced I'm going to make a complete a** of myself!
                            It's August 27-29th.
                            Nope, this is my first con too *teeth chattering in nervousness!*
                            LOL! I'm thinking exactly the same thing!!! The S/J Ship thread is taking bets on me passing out when meeting him (I'm fairly sure there won't be passing out, but I can't guarantee I won't be a gibbering idiot! ). Let's hope he takes pity on both of us!

BTW, I just found out you can buy a separate ticket to the charity breakfast. Now I just have to decide if I can cough up another $65 to get in!

Have fun everyone!
                            Really?? hmmmm, well, probably still beyond my meager means I'm afraid...
                            Have lots of fun in NJ, I know there are a few other GW-er's going to that one, and let me know if you decide to come to Chicago!!

Comment

Hey thanks, kiwigater! You have fun, too. We'll have to compare notes after the cons & see who made a bigger fool of themselves! Trust me, if I could go to Chicago I would!
                              e7of7

Comment

Hi! I'm new to GateWorld and will be attending my first convention in Chicago!! Have Preferred seating for Saturday. Hope to see you there!!

Comment

Working...
                                X