No announcement yet.

2016 Creation Entertainment Stargate Convention - Chicago September 23-25

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, looks like I won't be going to this con on hearing the news about Gatecon coming to Vancouver.

Originally posted by discodiva View Post
    I sort love my hubby...

He just said "Oh well, you'd better go ahead and buy some tickets when they go on sale then"....looks like I'm heading back to Vancouver next year!!!

Hey Krisz!! ...Gatecon 08 Reunion Party then??

Deeds xx
    Oh yeah, party! Will be great to see you and hubby again! I knew you couldn't stay away from Vancouver!

Gatecon are doing a full day Location Tour on the Monday 12th September I believe....it will be an extra to add on to the cost but they used to do them before so I'd imagine they will be very good...I haven't done the location tours with Creation but a couple of my friends did and they enjoyed them....I know a few locations purely by having been to most places in the city twice over, although I've never actually got round to a proper visit to Jack's Cabin...the only time we tried to see it there was some "ultra secret" filming going on and we weren't allowed near it...but friends have actually been there when SG1 was still filming in S.10 and saw the actors on location
    I did the Creation location tour during the last con they did in Vancouver in 2009. It was the only way I could visit Bordertown where they filmed 'A Hundred Days' so it was weird driving to the con hotel and then coming back on a coach to where I lived at the time in Maple Ridge to go to Bordertown. lol! Also got to see Terminal City where SGA's 'Sateda' was filmed as both these locations are not accessible to the public. I've ended up living in another Stargate location which is really weird, I can't really watch SGU's 'Cloverdale' any more as I can't really believe that it's some fictitious American small town with knowing that street as well as I do now!

I'll bring the car this time as I'm always happy to take people to various Stargate locations. Perhaps we can arrange a fan run location tour and you finally get to see 'Jack's cabin'.

Now I've got to tell my hubby that I'm bashing the bank balance again with another convention!

Comment

Unfortunately it's just too many cons too close together (Chicago then DragonCon for me plus they are competing with Fan Expo, HawaiiCon, and various Wizard World cons all happening in August/September also) though I would love to go to Vancouver some year.
      John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
      sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
      Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

My dream would be to fly to TO for Fan Expo, attend that, then fly across the country to Vancouver for Gatecon....still working on that one tbh

Deeds xx
        sigpic
        Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
        MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

I would love to go to Gatecon next year...but I am not sure I can afford that and Chicago.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
            Unfortunately it's just too many cons too close together (Chicago then DragonCon for me plus they are competing with Fan Expo, HawaiiCon, and various Wizard World cons all happening in August/September also) though I would love to go to Vancouver some year.
            yeah, this is sort of making me rethink my con schedule a little...assuming/if they have a con in 2017 (fingers crossed?) I might have to change where I"m going and which cons I'm attending. I plan my con attendance like 3 years ahead of time, which is good for saving up but bad if a new convention is announced a year ahead of time. It'd be pretty awesome if there was a Gatecon and a con in Chicago the same year....I might go to both, it'd be a spectacular experience.
            Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

"My mind rebels at stagnation." - Sherlock Holmes

My Blog: Monitoring Broadcast Signals

Comment

I just got an email from Creation. They have changed the date of the convention.

"the date of the event has been changed from August 12-14, 2016 to September 23-25, 2016."
              John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
              sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
              Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                I just got an email from Creation. They have changed the date of the convention.

"the date of the event has been changed from August 12-14, 2016 to September 23-25, 2016."
                Yeah, the event page on facebook is going a little bat**** over it. I"m pretty angry about it personally - this makes it a lot more complicated for me to attend (and more expensive, damn it!) With this new price I might as well go to Gatecon as it'll probably cost the same - the only reason I'd go to Chicago rather than Gatecon is because I already bought my ticket and because Chicago is a special place for me.
                Help me save the Stargate convention! Creation announced that the 2016 Con will be the last one, but I'm trying to keep them going. Read more about the campaign HERE and join me to make it happen by liking THIS page and spreading the word!

Comment

I think Gatecon are going to do pretty well out of this mix up....

*gets ready to sit up all night when Gatecon tickets go on sale*
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Gatecon are going to do pretty well out of this mix up....

*gets ready to sit up all night when Gatecon tickets go on sale*
                    that was my thought as well, heh. I still can't go to Gatecon even with this date change, but it's making me more and more receptive of attending Gatecon in 2017.

Comment

A few questions here...

Are there really that few of tickets to the Gatecon or is it they just sell out that fast? How many do they normally have? What do these tickets normally go for?

Am I understanding that creation changed the date of the SG con in Chicago? I looked on their website and it still says Aug. I'm not on FB though so maybe i'm missing something here.

Not sure I can make it to Gatecon, but it sounds super exciting with who they've already announced. Maybe in a future year if things improve for me. Chicago is so close that it is just really easy to go there.

Comment

The last time RDA was announced in 2008, the tickets sold out within minutes......however I think that was for "special tickets" that might have included an auto or photo op....not 100% sure...

What I do know is that I was living for a month in Vancouver during August 2008 and I walked up to the Sheraton Hotel on the first day of Registration and bought 2 "Day Only" tickets for the Saturday then....ok they were nos 802 and 803 and we sat right at the back but we did get in.....

I have NO idea what they are planning this time and how the sales will go...however I predict it WILL be manic, the server may well crash and hotel rooms are already filling up fast....

This is a VERY exciting Con for many fans.....

As for Chicago...seems that tickets have been received with the new dates and emails are being sent...the FB group does indeed, have some upset and worried people with the change of date, but hey ho, Creation can do what they want I guess...

I'm definitely trying for a Gatecon ticket....I'm determined to be there...I had a crap photo with Michael at Fedcon, although my "Trio" turned out ok.....I want a decent hug for what will probably be my very last Big One overseas....

(And I'm still holding out that RDA and Michael will do a "Double" )

The forum is probably the best place to get updates from Gatecon and info....and their own website....

Am sure they left the links in the Gatecon thread...

Deeds xx
                        sigpic

Comment

The last time RDA was announced in 2008, the tickets sold out within minutes......however I think that was for "special tickets" that might have included an auto or photo op....not 100% sure...

What I do know is that I was living for a month in Vancouver during August 2008 and I walked up to the Sheraton Hotel on the first day of Registration and bought 2 "Day Only" tickets for the Saturday then....ok they were nos 802 and 803 and we sat right at the back but we did get in.....

I have NO idea what they are planning this time and how the sales will go...however I predict it WILL be manic, the server may well crash and hotel rooms are already filling up fast....

This is a VERY exciting Con for many fans.....

As for Chicago...seems that tickets have been received with the new dates and emails are being sent...the FB group does indeed, have some upset and worried people with the change of date, but hey ho, Creation can do what they want I guess...

I'm definitely trying for a Gatecon ticket....I'm determined to be there...I had a crap photo with Michael at Fedcon, although my "Trio" turned out ok.....I want a decent hug for what will probably be my very last Big One overseas....

(And I'm still holding out that RDA and Michael will do a "Double" )

The forum is probably the best place to get updates from Gatecon and info....and their own website....

Am sure they left the links in the Gatecon thread...

Deeds xx
                          oh so when you say sell out you mean all the RDA stuff, but you can still get admission to the con after 20 minutes? Whew. That's reassuring to me - my main draw isn't RDA anyway (yeah, yeah I know I'm the only one. I'd like his autograph to complete my collection but that's about it) so that's good to hear. I'm glad other fans are so excited and getting what they want, though.

And yeah, creation definitely changed the dates and send emails with the new tickets - i got a ticket at the last con. It looks like the date change is definitive too unfortunately, which I"m really upset about (makes it harder for me to get there), I let creation know what I think about that but they're unlikely to change it back.

Comment

I'm only saying what happened in 2008.....this time it could be a completely different set up...

It's really just best to keep up with the Gatecon info as it comes out from them themselves....

Past experiences are good indicators sometime, but I always think it's not wise to plan things on them, but just use them as a guideline but be prepared to find things can be different....

I would hate to be put in the position that I've given information that someone has taken as set in stone only to be disappointed if things turn out differently....that's fandom for you, it's unpredictable...
                            sigpic

Comment

I wonder why Creation changed the dates from August to September. It's always been in August! For me it's not a problem. In fact it will give me a little more time so save up for it so that's a good thing. Plus I have never been to IL in the Fall and that should be quite nice.

As for Gatecon I guess I can try for 2017...unless it sells out too fast.
                              sigpic

Comment

It could be due to the schedule. Creation lists 7 conventions during August, and 3 that weekend. By the way is Creation really doing Supernatural and Trek the same weekend at the same convention center?

Anyway guess there is too much going on that month especially with the 50th Anniversary of Star Trek. There are only 2 cons planned for September and none for September 23rd to 25th.

Comment

Working...
                                X