X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

Hi
    I'm married to a Stargate SG1 addict and for his birthday I'm having an eight foot high steel Stargate built for him as a surprise. My problem is that I can't seem to find any material with all the detail on the gate. Obviously as a huge fan it needs to be perfect, so I need to get a resource of all the writing and signs and so on on the the Gate. Can anyone help me?
    Many thanks
    Rene

why couldnt you have married me?? what a cool present. lol, hope he likes it.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

OMG, that has to be the coolest present ever!!!!
      Here are the symbols: (but you should also look for a photo of the gate)

http://tinypic.com/view.html?pic=1ouijp

Sorry, I wish I could be more helpful.

Comment

If you've purchased any of the SG-1 Season boxed sets, they have a pretty decent rendition of the gate on the box. It's got enough detail to give you a decent model to follow when making your gate.

Curiosity question: Just how do you plan on surprising him with this 8-foot gate? By the way, awesome present!

Comment

...uh...I have a question....can somebody tell me what 8 food is in centimeter or meter?
          I feel stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by galaxy
            ...uh...I have a question....can somebody tell me what 8 food is in centimeter or meter?
            I feel stupid.
            That would be about 2.4384 meters

Here's a really good pic of a part of the gate. http://img207.exs.cx/img207/3007/stargatesg11zx.jpg

I have alot more but their on a another computer so tommorow I can get them online if you still need them then.

By the way..a GREAT gift!

Comment

a great place for all the glyphs in order is www.rdanderson.com

then go to the stargate and glyphs part
              it has all of them, in order, along with the dhd and addresses
              Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Wow! You have to post photos of it when its done!

Comment

will you marry me instead? I want a stargate. no one'll make me a stargate...hell, im not even allowed to go to the gatecon in canberra. No fair...

Supreme Comander of the SS Yet-To-Be-Named.

Comment

That is AWSOME present. one question how much that gonna cost
                    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Thank you all for being so helpful. I found out how to get one from a man who makes wooden ones, they call them moon gates, it's a chinese thing. Then a forger offered to craft one for me. It won't move around, but it will have lights hopefully. It will go in the garden where he can slip into another world. Hopefully he won't notice all the guests arriving in full cammo gear either! Wicked, I'll post pictures when it gets finished. LOL

Comment

It's in Steel plate and I wa given a basic estimate of 300 pounds, but the time we've finished with all the extras I've budgeted 800 pounds. Anyway I had to get one made because when I asked him what he wanted for Xmas he said a Startgate. He was smug about it too because you can't buy them in woolworths or anywhere! Can't wait to see his face. Hee, Hee

Comment

We can't wait to get some pictures of the stargate you made.How many people can say: hey guess what I made a stargate and it is not in lego
                          your friendly neighbourhood

Spiderman

Comment

Originally posted by Steam
                            That is AWSOME present. one question how much that gonna cost
                            Somewhere between 300 and 800 pounds. Luckily in Wiltshire there are a lot of spritual types so it was quite easy to find someone to make it!

Comment

that is so cool ya dont live to far away from me ill come see it sometime lol i live in Bath
                              Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                              McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Working...
                              X