Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jamieson View Post
    Hiya, folks!

Question - does anyone know how much the Preferred Weekend admission went for last year?

We're just looking for a ballpark, sooooo...does the $175-200ish range seem right for what the Preferred weekend was last year?=p
    I just looked to see what I paid for my PS last year for Sunday at it was $70. If I remember right, the Friday was cheaper and I think the Saturday was the same price or close to the Sunday one. So even a combined 3 days at $70 would be $210 but I'm pretty sure there was a discount for the weekend deal.

As a note, I didn't purchase my PS until July because I didn't even know about the convention until late June/early July. At the time I picked my seat there was a ton of them still open. And at the convention there was a LOT of empty seats around me. Granted that is no guarantee with both AT and MS showing as well as JF and BB that they won't sell out faster, but that is what my experience was so I hope it helps.

I likely will only purchase a GA ticket this year. I didn't really see a benefit to the PS as I wasn't really any closer; however you do choose your seat and if you pick early you might find one you really love. I really wish they offered more of a package for the "Bronze". I think it might help sell the tickets more if there was something beyond the seat included. Maybe one autograph of your choice or just something to make it more attractive. Just my opinion though.

Comment

Rainbow Sun Franks (Lt. Ford/SGA) has been added.

"Rainbow will have a table in the vendors room throughout the weekend where he will meet fans and sign autographs for a nominal fee paid directly at his table. Rainbow will appear on stage Saturday and also do photo ops that day as well."

Photo ops - $40
      Julia
      --------------------
      http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

Cool! I have never met Rainbow.
        sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, allnycole. My experience at other Creation cons for single admissions of both Gen and Preferred usually have Saturday and Sunday around the same rates and Friday a bit cheaper, and then a bit of a deal if you get the three-day package. So with any luck, and if the prices stay as you mentioned them from last year, the Preferred Weekend will stay below the $200 mark.

We also talked a bit about going with General, and may still, but we tend to prefer getting seats right on the aisle of the side blocks, as it seems to give a better view, so that would be a plus in trying to get a reserved seat even if we're a bit further back (we were near the back of the Silver rows as it was last year). It's also nice to be able to come and go throughout the day without having to keep changing seating arrangements.
          sigpic
          The Cardboard Experience - 41 music videos in 10 fandoms

Comment

i've never been to a convention so i'm new to this stuff. But could someone clarify something for me? Is photo ops the only way to take a photo with the actors or can I take a photo with them using my cell phone?

Comment

Photo ops are the only way to get photos with the actors during the official convention, you aren't allowed to take photos either with them or of them when you go up for autographs, etc (but you can take as many still photos as you want of them while they're on stage). There are some actors who sometimes hang out more with the fans outside of the regular convention hours for a little bit (in the lobby, etc) and I suppose it's always possible in that situation they'd be open to taking the odd cell shot with a fan, but I wouldn't go in with any expectation for that opportunity.

Oh! Scratch that...Karaoke. Definitely the possibility of scoring a photo with Alex and/or Dan if you get close enough to the stage (or on it). Or hell, they may just grab the camera from you and start taking the photos themselves....
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks for the info, allnycole. My experience at other Creation cons for single admissions of both Gen and Preferred usually have Saturday and Sunday around the same rates and Friday a bit cheaper, and then a bit of a deal if you get the three-day package. So with any luck, and if the prices stay as you mentioned them from last year, the Preferred Weekend will stay below the $200 mark.

We also talked a bit about going with General, and may still, but we tend to prefer getting seats right on the aisle of the side blocks, as it seems to give a better view, so that would be a plus in trying to get a reserved seat even if we're a bit further back (we were near the back of the Silver rows as it was last year). It's also nice to be able to come and go throughout the day without having to keep changing seating arrangements.
                Yes, there are some benefits to the PS/Bronze since you choose your seat. I also chose an isle seat for the Sun I got the PS. I guess I just loved the large screens and felt like sometimes you can see better at the back of the room on the screens than in a seat actually watching them. However, I'm still hoping that maybe they will offer something interesting as part of the Bronze. Good luck getting that perfect seat you'll feel good about paying.

Comment

Photo ops are the only way to get photos with the actors during the official convention, you aren't allowed to take photos either with them or of them when you go up for autographs, etc (but you can take as many still photos as you want of them while they're on stage). There are some actors who sometimes hang out more with the fans outside of the regular convention hours for a little bit (in the lobby, etc) and I suppose it's always possible in that situation they'd be open to taking the odd cell shot with a fan, but I wouldn't go in with any expectation for that opportunity.

Oh! Scratch that...Karaoke. Definitely the possibility of scoring a photo with Alex and/or Dan if you get close enough to the stage (or on it). Or hell, they may just grab the camera from you and start taking the photos themselves....
                  Thanks for the reply. Is that a Creation rule or a rule all conventhions have?

Comment

I've only been to Creation conventions (and only a handful, at that), but those rules are specific to Creation and other cons operate differently and will have their own rules. Creation's cons are primarily panel-based and don't usually have the big "expo"-type rooms or displays that many of the big multi-fandom cons have where you might have the opportunity to randomly bump into an actor making the rounds, so aside from the autograph tables and photo ops, in my (again, limited) experience you don't tend to get too much one-to-one interaction with the actors during convention hours unless you attend the Gold-exclusive Dessert/Breakfast parties (which I think you can't take photos at, if I recall), or if you win one of the rare and expensive meet-and-greets (not sure on the rules of those).

That said, allow me to backtrack and say that at the Stargate convention last year (and it seems it will be the case this year, too), a good number of the actors had tables set up outside the auditorium throughout the weekend so they could talk to fans and sign autographs a bit more leisurely (the scheduled auto sessions with the top-billed stars are too chaotic and time-crunched for photos even if Creation were to allow them), but I still don't think personal photos were permitted...or at least I don't recall seeing any being taken. I could be wrong, though...and now I'm starting to doubt myself, hehe. Can anyone else confirm/deny?

Allow me to backtrack again, though, on the "opportunities" part, since there are some actors who occasionally provide them during their stage performances by walking up and down the aisles. At the SPN con in Toronto this past October several of the stars were wandering while talking and answering questions, and I think one or two lucky people sitting in the aisle seats may have managed a selfie if the actor was in an indulgent mood (another reason to try for those aisle seats, lol). Technically you're not breaking any rules, since you're allowed to take as many photos as you want in the auditorium :-) But again, I wouldn't count on that happening.
                    sigpic

Comment

Andee Frizzell has been added - she is a riot.
                      sigpic

Comment

This year's convention is starting to real come together. Not sure how many guests there were last year, but right now they have a pretty good line up for this year. I might have to consider coming to the entire weekend. And not just to see AT and MS.

Comment

There were 16 guests last year:
                          Garry Chalk
                          Alex Zahara
                          Dan Payne
                          Gary Jones
                          Tony Amendola
                          Cliff Simon
                          Paul McGillion
                          David Hewlett
                          Joe Flannigan
                          Jason Momoa
                          David Nykl
                          Jacqueline Samuda
                          Connor Trinneer
                          Jennifer Spence
                          Michael Shanks
                          Teryl Rothery

I would guess they're on track to have that many this year. Currently, there are twelve guests scheduled but only three autographs are included with the Gold ticket. Since that usually includes seven, that would leave a minimum of four more guests to be added.
                          Julia
                          --------------------
                          http://www.seshatplace.com/

Comment

My wish list
                            Garry Chalk
                            Tony Amendola
                            Paul McGillion
                            David Hewlett
                            Teryl Rothery
                            Christoper Judge
                            Corin Nemec
                            Barcaly Hope
                            Steven Williams
                            Collin Cunningham
                            Eric Avari
                            James Lafnazos
                            Alexis Cruz
                            William Deveane
                            Tom McBeath
                            Ryan Robbins
                            Jay Acacvone

Comment

Originally posted by beacon View Post
                              I would guess they're on track to have that many this year. Currently, there are twelve guests scheduled but only three autographs are included with the Gold ticket. Since that usually includes seven, that would leave a minimum of four more guests to be added.
                              Well that's exciting! If they bring on four more that will be included in the Gold Ticket Signatures than likely they will be pretty key actors.

Comment

Originally posted by beacon View Post

But I would caution to add that the number of included autographs seems to be dropping from year to year.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X