No announcement yet.

2014 Stargate Chicago Creation Convention Aug 15-17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I emailed Creation and asked if there would be anything special made to buy or given out as a freebie for the last con, they said no.

I also asked if they would put anything else on, or what the list of things that's up (as in activities) it, or was there anything else, and they said nothing else will be added.

Now can someone fill me in about a cocktail party (separate from the Desert Party)? xx

Comment

David Nykl will be there on Saturday!
      John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
      sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
      Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

I'll add David Nykl's autograph is also not included in any packages - I know it's what the guests and their reps negotiate, but it's a little irritating, especially with price of gold and preferred packages this year.
        sigpic

Comment

Got my ticket today, the whole shebang!
          sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
          https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
            I'll add David Nykl's autograph is also not included in any packages - I know it's what the guests and their reps negotiate, but it's a little irritating, especially with price of gold and preferred packages this year.
            Well, thus far there are six guests whose autographs aren't included in any package, the only difference with David Nykl is he's not going to have a table in the vendors' area, while David Hewlett is only doing a complimentary signing for gold and everyone else needs to buy a ticket.

With any luck, though, they'll add a "McKay & Zelenka" duo photo shoot since both Davids will be attending on the Saturday.

Comment

Great news about David N! I am happy to see him again!
              But boo on so many not being included with the autograph package! What's up with that?
              And now Saturday will be even busier!!!!!!!!!!
              Which still makes me wonder about Sunday.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ladyofshalott View Post
                Great news about David N! I am happy to see him again!
                But boo on so many not being included with the autograph package! What's up with that?
                And now Saturday will be even busier!!!!!!!!!!
                Which still makes me wonder about Sunday.
                For the last few years with Creation it has not been all that uncommon for the actors who played secondary characters, doesn't matter how popular they are or not, where their ticket sales are not included in the package deal.

My guess is that it's a better deal for the actors!
                sigpic

www.facebook.com/pages/DavidNyklFans/402742713123717

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Carson Beckett View Post
                  Well, thus far there are six guests whose autographs aren't included in any package, the only difference with David Nykl is he's not going to have a table in the vendors' area, while David Hewlett is only doing a complimentary signing for gold and everyone else needs to buy a ticket.

With any luck, though, they'll add a "McKay & Zelenka" duo photo shoot since both Davids will be attending on the Saturday.
                  Originally posted by Rosehawk View Post
                  For the last few years with Creation it has not been all that uncommon for the actors who played secondary characters, doesn't matter how popular they are or not, where their ticket sales are not included in the package deal.

My guess is that it's a better deal for the actors!
                  It just seems like fewer and fewer guest autographs are being included in the last couple cons.
                  sigpic

Comment

About 2/3rds of the silver tickets are sold out.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SerenBunny View Post
                      I emailed Creation and asked if there would be anything special made to buy or given out as a freebie for the last con, they said no.

I also asked if they would put anything else on, or what the list of things that's up (as in activities) it, or was there anything else, and they said nothing else will be added.

Now can someone fill me in about a cocktail party (separate from the Desert Party)? xx
                      You'd think they would do something as a nice memento of the last ever Stargate convention. The poster would have been a nice thing. That's disappointing.

I can't see anything about a cocktail party on the website. There's only the Karaoke party other than the Dessert Party, or I can't see for looking! I got the gold pass for the dessert party mainly as I've enjoyed the ones I've been to at the Vancouver cons. How yummy are the desserts at the Chicago one?

I think the only autograph I don't have yet is David Nykl's, I can get the complimentary photo op I got with him on the Atlantis set during the final set tour at Bridge Studios signed which will complete that nicely. Those were the days when you got some nice extra surprises at the cons!

It's great that Michael and Cliff are there as I can get the Michael and Cliff 'sandwich' photo op I have with both of them signed and we can all try and remember how long ago that was taken!

Comment

About 65 silver/preferred tickets left. I wonder when Creation will put up the general weekend and day tickets (yes, I know the con is months away). Hoping for a few more big name guests as well.
                        sigpic

Comment

Creation just announced that single day preferred and weekend tickets are available.
                          sigpic

Comment

Ugh, no new updates for a while. Still only Michael Shanks for Sun and a ton of people for Sat. I'm hoping they are trying to leave room on Sun for more of SG1! About 50 Silver weekend tickets left.

Comment

Originally posted by rkgardner2003 View Post
                              Ugh, no new updates for a while. Still only Michael Shanks for Sun and a ton of people for Sat. I'm hoping they are trying to leave room on Sun for more of SG1! About 50 Silver weekend tickets left.
                              Yes, Saturday is certainly busy. I'm hoping Creation really plans things out as far as photo ops and autograph timing - or if Sunday is only going to have a guest or 2, spreads out the photo ops and autos to make it more relaxing and less stressed.

I was also wondering, given how fast gold sold out and how fast preferred is selling, if GW was going to have one last contest for con tickets for Chicago and if they had been fast enough to get gold. I know last year they had to offer silver.
                              sigpic

Comment

One Gold Ticket Stargate Atlantis Creation Chicago 2014 convention (final Chicago Creation Con)
                                for sale. Seat H-24 $400 firm..cost $419 paypal preferred..email [email protected]
                                I attended last 3 at Chicago and can answer any questions about Creation cons, ect..
                                thanks for reading

Comment

Working...
                                X