Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparky She-Demon View Post
    I will be cosplaying as Janet Frasier.
    Nice! I'm contemplating cosplaying as Carter but doubt I'll be able to get something together in time. Unless someone can recommend a place to get a tac vest?

Comment

Originally posted by ajay View Post
      Nice! I'm contemplating cosplaying as Carter but doubt I'll be able to get something together in time. Unless someone can recommend a place to get a tac vest?
      IDK, my uncle's supplying the costume. It was a part of my birthday/Christmas present that is this convention.
      sigpichttps://www.fanfiction.net/s/7450657...-World-Goes-On Sparky story SGA https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10177037/1/Bad-Moon-Rising Teen Wolf fanfic story https://www.fanfiction.net/s/10573271/1/Skyfall Thor fanfic story
      https://www.fanfiction.net/s/1168823...here-Was-Light Crimson Peak story sig by yamiinsane

Comment

Try Ebay. That's where I got mine.
        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Also check out http://www.stitchsloft.com/ for all kinds of SG costuming and props supplies. "Stitch" (aka Ryan) is a great source of help when trying to put a costume together.
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
          sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
          Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

Thank you! I will definitely check that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
              Thanks for the hotel shuttle info, I tried looking online and am really bad at finding things for some reason!

I'm booked on that flight too! Maybe we can meet up at the airport, I'll be there well before my flight as my hubby will be driving me to the airport on his way to work. He goes in the general direction anyway as he takes the Alex Fraser bridge. He goes the long way round to avoid the toll on the Port Mann to get to Sth Marine Drive and Boundary in Burnaby.

I've remembered to book an extra day off work as well, got caught out in the past with being really tired at work the next day as the excitement of four days of Stargate fun wore off, I have to be up at 6am for work as well so that makes it more difficult too! With the added thing of having a flight added to the end of the convention I thought another day chilling at home would be a good idea.

It is weird at times and seeing a place you know so well on screen does take you out of the moment. I haven't watched SGU's 'Cloverdale' since the GW rewatch as I live just round the corner from the street used in that episode and it is just too much to believe they are in some fantasy small American town!

You really don't get to see much in the way of filming funnily enough around the area. I've only ever come across filming 3 times in all the time I've lived here, never Stargate or Supernatural unfortunately.

Vancouver is a very friendly city, when I first visited as a tourist from the UK people went out of their way to help with any questions we had. You'll have no worries coming to Vancouver, besides you have a fellow Stargate fan to meet up with so that helps! If you ever decide to venture out beyond the US border, Vancouver would be a great place to start.

I would be happy if there was a Stargate con in LA too, that is on my list of places to visit.
              Hey, Krisz, Where's your seat? I'm in P 28 way back as I didn't sign up right away. Hope I don't have a huge guy sitting in front of me this time. Looking forward to it though it is at the end of my vacation--Hope to not be to exhausted by then.

Se you soon,

Dona (mac)

Comment

Originally posted by donamac View Post
                Hey, Krisz, Where's your seat? I'm in P 28 way back as I didn't sign up right away. Hope I don't have a huge guy sitting in front of me this time. Looking forward to it though it is at the end of my vacation--Hope to not be to exhausted by then.

Se you soon,

Dona (mac)
                Hi Dona, I'm in seat J9. Not long now and we'll be there! The trip to Chicago will be my vacation this year, won't have money for doing anything else I don't think.

An article on the news today was saying they've stepped up security when flying to the US. So looks like longer waits and more searches. Good thing I'm travelling light and I'll double check the requirements since I'm not a frequent flyer and a lot has changed I guess since the last time I flew in 2006.

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                  Hi Dona, I'm in seat J9. Not long now and we'll be there! The trip to Chicago will be my vacation this year, won't have money for doing anything else I don't think.

An article on the news today was saying they've stepped up security when flying to the US. So looks like longer waits and more searches. Good thing I'm travelling light and I'll double check the requirements since I'm not a frequent flyer and a lot has changed I guess since the last time I flew in 2006.
                  From what I've read, they'll be focusing on flights coming in from the Mediterranean and Middle East.
                  sigpic

Comment

And Europe.....UK has already announced certain security "upgrades"....and most UK passengers flying out of Heathrow will expect slightly longer delays...but if it tightens security then it's damn well worth it imho....

Deeds xx
                    sigpic
                    Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                    MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Hi everyone,
                      so I'm sad to say I would like to sell my ticket. To be honest, I'm quite disappointed with the list of actors coming to the con, I would've expected more main actors, especially from SG-1. And as a big Universe fan, I'm also upset they only invited one actor from that show.
                      Add that to the fact that I'm from the Netherlands and my plane ticket would cost me quite a bit as well... I just don't think it's worth my money.

I have the Silver package, with seat O16. Photo ops with Michael Shanks and Paul McGillion are included since I bought those as well.
                      If you are interested, send me a message.

Comment

For all the Candians out there who have not booked their flights to Chicago yet: Westjet has a 24 hour sale on until Friday, July 4th 2pm Mountain Time, 30% off all flights from anywhere in Canada to anywhere in the US. Gonna book my flight now...woot woot

Comment

I have an extra Silver ticket. Seat S29. Send me a message if you are interested in buying it.

Comment

I have a front row seat that I won't be using on Sunday. A7. $125. If you're interested please email me. hicksvilleusa1 at yahoo.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by txTart View Post
                              I have a front row seat that I won't be using on Sunday. A7. $125. If you're interested please email me. hicksvilleusa1 at yahoo.
                              I so wish I didn't already have my ticket for Sunday purchased because this would be perfect. But....I do. :-(

Comment

Creation updated the con page today. This was at the top:
                                "Our survey: The STARGATE Convention: Should We Continue Events in 2015? has closed. We're still in process of making a final decision and will send out a message via our Stargate e-list and will let you know the final result!"
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X