No announcement yet.

Hawaii Con (September 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rachel Luttrell and Dan Payne were cancelled by the con. And I think another actor also. That kind of sucks.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
      Rachel Luttrell and Dan Payne were cancelled by the con. And I think another actor also. That kind of sucks.
      Really? Wow....there goes the SGA reunion then....
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Lythisrose View Post
        Wow, that's really disappointing. She was one of the highlights.
        John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic
        sig and avi by mrscopterdoc for Secret Santa 2015
        Recommended Sheppard/Team Sheppard Fics

Comment

And I'm wondering why HawaiiCon is not actually making these announcements.
          John Sheppard - thunkable, whumpable but absolutely NOT shippable - he's mine and I'm keeping him.

sigpic

Comment

The organizers cancelled them?

Comment

I wonder if this is related to the semi-recent email looking for guest sponsors?

Comment

Originally posted by mamasue9 View Post
                The organizers cancelled them?
                I saw this on Rachel's twitter so yes they did.

Rachel's tweet

I feel it best that I am the one to let you know that @HawaiiCon has cancelled my appearance. I am as shocked as you are. But so it goes...
                And apparently there's an explanation on Dan Payne's facebook-page as to why.
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

can't view it...not on fb

Comment

Dan mentions some technical issues that have forced HawaiiCon to cancel some guests. Chad Colvin states that it's the fault of bad timing and a certain corporation to have Hawaiicon prove itself before the event even happens. Which has in turn forced the Con to scale back.

Sounds like the con is experiencing some growing pains and funding troubles.
                    sigpic

Comment

Nothing new there....takes a lot of experience and guts to run a new one....hope they are a success....far too much of a journey and expense for me to attend though.....

Deeds xx
                      sigpic
                      Thanks to slizzie1986 for signature
                      MSOL - Official Website of Michael Shanks

Comment

Chuck Campbell is the other SG guest cut from the list on the web page. I think there have been others from other shows (ie. Kate Vernon) but not sure of anyone else since I didn't follow those too closely.

sigpic

Comment

I keep checking the guest list now just to see who else gets cut.

I don't see Andee Frizzell anymore so I guess she was next to get canceled.

Rachel and Andee were the main guests that had me decide to go in the first place. *bummed*

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by taris-eirien View Post
                            *bummed*
                            I second that! I keep telling myself that it will be worth it because the room rate is good, and either way it's a vacation in Hawaii!

But I am definitely frustrated with the organizers. I backed the Kickstarter campaign, and a big part of my decision to do so was based on the Stargate lineup. In fact, I chose Hawaiicon over the Chicago con because I could have a relaxing vacation AND attend a rockin' con. Now, I am wholeheartedly regretting that decision. If I could go back in time, knowing what I know now, I would definitely give my money to Creation over the Hawaiicon organizers.

I feel like the organizers bit off more than they could chew, and the fans ended up paying the price by being treated to a bait and switch.

Okay, rant over.
                            sigpic
                            ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

I am hoping that this con does succeed - simply because it would be great to have another alternative, but I agree, it seems like the con organizers bit off more than they could chew, starting with the Hawaii location. If they wanted a con with resort features, there are plenty of places on the mainland. I'm also of the opinion, you start small and build.

It also seems the con organizers aren't communicating much - either on the con page or on FB.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Vecturist View Post
                                I am hoping that this con does succeed - simply because it would be great to have another alternative, but I agree, it seems like the con organizers bit off more than they could chew, starting with the Hawaii location. If they wanted a con with resort features, there are plenty of places on the mainland. I'm also of the opinion, you start small and build.

It also seems the con organizers aren't communicating much - either on the con page or on FB.
                                I'm glad at least one other person feels the same way. It's always validating to know that I'm not crazy.

And, yes, I agree that the communication is lacking. That is one thing I noticed early on. It feels like every time I asked a question, the response I got was "we're working on it" or "check the website soon" then there was never any follow-up.
                                sigpic
                                ~~sig created by bailey1ak~~

Comment

Working...
                                X