My mom died yesterday...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
    My mom died yesterday. I'm posting in General Stargate Discussion, because we used to watch the show together. We watched the original movie, SG-1 up to Season 5's "48 Hours," and all of Atlantis. I'm never going to be able to watch Stargate with my mom again.
    I'm sorry for your loss.
    "I have never understood why it should be necessary to become irrational in order to prove that you care... or why it should be necessary to prove it at all."

Comment

Wow - just got back from a disaster deployment to hear this sad news. Our family will say a rosary for yours, Snowman...profoundly sorry for your loss. My faith has taught me that your mother's loving gestures & sacrifices for you were seen from heaven & she was God's instrument if she brought you this much joy. Thank you for telling us about her. She sounds like a very special lady.

Comment

I'm very, very sorry to hear that. My condolence for your lost.
        Take your time to deal with this. My Dad was the one who brought me (and all my brothers) to Scifi and he loved SG-1 but was a Trekkie at heart. Well, he wasn't able to watch much Stargate as he died back in 1997. He only watched the first season of SG-1 and for me it's always a pleasure to rewatch that season, anyway how weak the writing sometimes was.
        I wish I could say to you that this loss will be filled one day but I fear that would be a lie. But what I can tell you is that it will be easier every year and when the time goes by you will mostly remember the good things that you shared with your Mom.

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
        Sig & Avi by Josi
        sigpic
        LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
        I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

Thank you, everyone. What is helping me move forward is that I found a message board that my mom used to post at (not science-fiction), and she had very close friends there who say that I am very much like her. She unintentionally left me her friends me for them (by having not logged off). This has helped me greatly, because I've discovered this whole other world that she only spoke of.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowman37 View Post
            Thank you, everyone. What is helping me move forward is that I found a message board that my mom used to post at (not science-fiction), and she had very close friends there who say that I am very much like her. She unintentionally left me her friends me for them (by having not logged off). This has helped me greatly, because I've discovered this whole other world that she only spoke of.
            What a wonderful gift your mom left you...the blessings of life are all around us. Sometimes we miss them...I rejoice with you that you found this..."when one door is closed, another shall open..." I bid you a delightful journey on this new found path.....
            sigpic

Comment

I'm so sorry to hear that

I lost my dad in 2009, and he was the person that really introduced me to sci fi - I was brought up watching TNG. He was also a big Stargate and NCIS fan and for a while I thought I'd never enjoy watching either show again, but I know he'd want me to watch them, so I do and it brings back some good memories from when we used to watch the show together (and drive him crazy singing the theme tune!).
              sigpic
              Part 2 coming very soon!! (this is a fic btw, not the Fandemonium novel)

Comment

Working...
              X