Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FedCon XXI (May 17th-20th, 2012) in Duesseldorf, Germany

Hi.
    First Stargate guest announced: Kavan Smith.

More details at:
    http://www.fedcon.de

Mh, could be a reason to start a third try to go there ... *has to think about it*

Original eBook:Der Spuk im Rosenhaus
    Sig & Avi by Josi
    sigpic
    LJ, FanFic-Blog(the longest lasting German SG-fanfic series), Profile at ff.net, Profile at FF.de,Profile at deviantART (Sorry, fanfics mostly in German)
    I'm on Twitter and on Facebook Tumblr and AO3

Comment

May 18th is my birthday and the venue is only a 50 min. train ride away from my place. So, Fedcon and birthday seems to be a great combination.

Comment

I really NEED to go to FedCon some day!
        But next year Im living in Helsinki and I find it too much trouble (considering my original location being Amsterdam). Perhaps 2013!
        sigpic

Me @ Livejournal, Youtube, Tumblr Deviant-art and my band: Alantia

Comment

I went this year and it was amazing, but if Kavan remains the only Stargate guest, I won't probably go next year. I don't live exactly around the corner, so I would need at least two more guests to temp me. Although I would really love to meet Kavan!
          sigpic
          *picture found on deviantART*

"Hey, I'm doctor Rodney McKay, alright? Difficult takes a few seconds, impossible...a few minutes."

Follow me on Twitter & instagram: @sammyromie
          My homepage: sammysautographs.weebly.com

Comment

They announced Joe Flanigan as a guest today.
            sigpic

Comment

Teryl Rothery and Erick Avari have been added to the Stargate guests line up Seems like I'm coming
              sigpic

"Hey, I'm doctor Rodney McKay, alright? Difficult takes a few seconds, impossible...a few minutes."

Comment

Now there's a big treat. Richard Dean Anderson is coming back this year! Might finally get a photo with him
                sigpic

Comment

Please can someone tell me what happens re photo ops at Fedcon. Can you get them on line or while there.

Don't speak much German.

Roll on May
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Starbird View Post
                    Please can someone tell me what happens re photo ops at Fedcon. Can you get them on line or while there.

Don't speak much German.

Roll on May
                    You pay for the photo ops right before taking them in the photo room, no need to order anything prior the event. They don't even offer photo ops in the online shop, everything is done on the spot. There's several screens around the venue that tell you when the photo op for a particular guest takes place, and you just go to find (or to create) the queue, then you enter the room, pay, and take your photo. Several hours later you can collect it in a designated area.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SammyRomie View Post
                      You pay for the photo ops right before taking them in the photo room, no need to order anything prior the event. They don't even offer photo ops in the online shop, everything is done on the spot. There's several screens around the venue that tell you when the photo op for a particular guest takes place, and you just go to find (or to create) the queue, then you enter the room, pay, and take your photo. Several hours later you can collect it in a designated area.
                      Thanks for that. Can you give me a rough guide to costs please for autos & photo's so I know how much to take. Can you pay for them on credit cards?

Doesn't this method mean long queue's? Sorry Newbie to Fed Con.

Any thing else we should know?

See you there.
                      sigpic

Comment

Thanks for that. Can you give me a rough guide to costs please for autos & photo's so I know how much to take. Can you pay for them on credit cards?

Doesn't this method mean long queue's? Sorry Newbie to Fed Con.

Any thing else we should know?

See you there.
                        You're welcome

The costs depend on the guest, last year I paid 15-20€ for photos, but the bigger guests are more expensive, RDA's photo op was for 40€, if I remember correctly. Autographs are usually between 15-30€, but it really depends, last year it was for example only 10€ for Daniel Logan and 40€ for Wil Wheaton, and for RDA's autograph it was 80€ when pre-signed and personalized on the spot, or 120€ when signed and personalized on the spot. His and Scott Bacula's autographs were also the only ones possible to buy online before the event, as usually you buy autograph vouchers during the con ant the registration or merchandise boots. They also sell unsigned photo's there, for 4€ each, I think, as it says on their website that only officialy materials can be signed. Last year i bought photos to sign, but for example at RingCon I had my own photos to get signed and no one objected. You just have to be prepared that your stuff might not be allowed to be signed.

As for credit cards, I think that's a no. I'm not sure, really, but I think only cash is possible. At least I paid for everything in cash, There's an ATM in the lobby or at the airport which is literally next door.

The photo ops sometimes mean long queues, especially when the guest is popular, but I didn't have to wait more than half an hour. Fortunately, there's at least two or three photo sessions during the weekend for each guest, so it's not like everyone is going to take their photo at the same time

Hmmm I'm wondering if there's anything I should mention...the photo ops are different from the autograph session, for the photo op you just turn up on time, but when you want to get your autographs, there's usually two sessions during the weekend when everyone is signing in a big hall, and you can enter only once your ticket number has been called in. its in this order - Golden tickets, than day and weekend tickets. Last year I had a number 1900 something (weekend ticket), and got called in somewhere in the middle of the second session.
                        sigpic

Comment

Hm, I'm really tempted to go, haven't been to a Con before. Are you planning to stay the whole weekend? I might go Saturday and Sunday. And meeting other GWers should be fun!
                          sigpic

Comment

I have never known such a complicated way to book the hotel rooms for this con.! It will be worth it hopefully!
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Cairistiona View Post
                              Hm, I'm really tempted to go, haven't been to a Con before. Are you planning to stay the whole weekend? I might go Saturday and Sunday. And meeting other GWers should be fun!
                              I stayed the whole weekend last time, but as I was alone, there were some moments where I was bored (my German is poor, so I couldn't go to workshops, thus I had nothing to do when the stars did the autograph sessions and I had not yet been called in), so this time I'm thinking of doing only Friday and Saturday. We could have a GW meetup

I have never known such a complicated way to book the hotel rooms for this con.! It will be worth it hopefully!
                              Good luck with that! I usually find the convention venues very expensive to stay, so I stay somewhere else and cheaper
                              sigpic

Comment

Working...
                              X