Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Thought so, just wanted to check. *hugs* No worries about time or brains - I seem to have a lot of one and hardly any of the other.

It is, providing my kids and dogs let me and my head doesn't explode while I try to do it.
    LOL!! *hugs back*

You have to be careful of those exploding heads, they can be dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by Grace View Post
      LOL!! *hugs back*

You have to be careful of those exploding heads, they can be dangerous.
      Yeah they can - for everyone else.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Yay!!!

It looks like WIB is an "afternoon story." By that, I mean that it flows in the afternoons. (All my stories have their own time of day. Most of them are morning stories, but sometimes they'll be afternoon stories. I've even had those rare stories that don't want to let me write them until around 8:30 PM. Those ones can be frustrating!)

Grace! Hi!!!

*waves*

Okay, gotta run to get my daughter!

Comment

*waves at lg* I'm glad the nap helped hon.

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

*waves at lg* I'm glad the nap helped hon.
            It did. I dozed for an hour and woke up with the house Carson rents clear in my mind!

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
              It did. I dozed for an hour and woke up with the house Carson rents clear in my mind!
              Yay!!

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Yay!!
                Yep.

I don't do this often, but sometimes I feel the need to describe where characters live just to get the feel of the story. With fanfic, that's not normally necessary because people who read it know what Atlantis looks like. In this one, though, is such a unique setting that I'm using descriptions to take up word count.

Comment

Yep.

I don't do this often, but sometimes I feel the need to describe where characters live just to get the feel of the story. With fanfic, that's not normally necessary because people who read it know what Atlantis looks like. In this one, though, is such a unique setting that I'm using descriptions to take up word count.
                  Hey, I did it with BtS, I don't see why you shouldn't do it for WIB.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Hey, I did it with BtS, I don't see why you shouldn't do it for WIB.
                    Again, they're unusual settings. One of the things I learned about description was not to describe something from a character's POV who knows the setting. Carson doesn't know this setting.

And I am LOVING how Mrs. Porter is turning out!

Comment

Again, they're unusual settings. One of the things I learned about description was not to describe something from a character's POV who knows the setting. Carson doesn't know this setting.

And I am LOVING how Mrs. Porter is turning out!
                      Really? I think I did a bit of both..

Really? How's she turning out?

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

Found this pic during my research earlier and hope to use it for some art whenever I get the fancy to make some..

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Really? I think I did a bit of both..

Really? How's she turning out?
                          I didn't notice you describing a lot that Carson would typically know. When describing a familiar area with a character, a lot of authors do it from an unusual angle, like Carson's POV from the hospital bed rather than being the doctor.

And Mrs. Porter is turning out cheeky, blunt, and utterly endearing. She's already adopted Carson and is feeding him, and he barely arrived! But that's always been how I see her. Kind of the older grandma character who's slightly pushy but in a lovable, totally harmless way.

Comment

Found this pic during my research earlier and hope to use it for some art whenever I get the fancy to make some..

OMG! That's gorgeous!

Comment

I didn't notice you describing a lot that Carson would typically know. When describing a familiar area with a character, a lot of authors do it from an unusual angle, like Carson's POV from the hospital bed rather than being the doctor.

And Mrs. Porter is turning out cheeky, blunt, and utterly endearing. She's already adopted Carson and is feeding him, and he barely arrived! But that's always been how I see her. Kind of the older grandma character who's slightly pushy but in a lovable, totally harmless way.
                              I love those types of Moms! I wish I'd had one. LOL

OMG! That's gorgeous!
                              I know right! It's a picture of the Alnwick Marketplace at night; with snow obviously.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Quick!!! I need a type of quilt other than a wedding ring quilt to put on Carson's bed!

Boy, that came out wrong!

Comment

Working...
                                X