Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Grace View Post
    Thanks you guys! Hopefully I can find time this week to work something for it, since it is my idea.
    Still working on Chapter 4 of Through the Fire...
    Don't you hate it when your story stone-walls you??

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Haven't even started on Ch 2 of ATAP.
    Currently starting Part 4 of BtS.

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post

Currently starting Part 4 of BtS.
      Very cool.

I actually need to do some research on Alzheimer's/dementia before writing Ch 2, and I just finished a manip on the banner.

Comment

Yeah! It happens a lot! I know what I want to do...it just seems like so much work to get there.
        Very cool.

I actually need to do some research on Alzheimer's/dementia before writing Ch 2, and I just finished a manip on the banner.
        You've been talking about the banner so much!! I want to see!!!!

Comment

I'm actually trying to put together a quick mock-up of the manip that I'm rather proud of.

Comment

Very cool.

Does that mean we'll get to see it soon????

Yeah! It happens a lot! I know what I want to do...it just seems like so much work to get there.

You've been talking about the banner so much!! I want to see!!!!
            Don't worry about it. I've found that if I put too much pressure on myself to finish something that I don't actually want to do it ends up coming out like crap.. Take a break if you need. Use this challenge to do a quick gimping project and consider yourself good.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Don't worry about it. I've found that if I put too much pressure on myself to finish something that I don't actually want to do it ends up coming out like crap.. Take a break if you need. Use this challenge to do a quick gimping project and consider yourself good.
              Thanks! But I've taken a week break already. We'll see how it goes.
              *hugs*

Comment

Okay. It looks a little odd because it's just on a white background. But here's the manip I did to put on the banner.

Edit: Wrong tags.

Comment

*hugs Grace back* Take as long as you need. If you end up writing when you don't want to, it'll be your story that suffers. Though sometimes for me if I just throw myself into the deep end of my story and block out everything else, I lose myself in it and the words just flow.

Okay, that was probably a very unhelpful contradiction of advice. LOL *shrugs* At least I tried right??

*yawns* I might have to stop and actually go to bed for the night soon. The whole 4.5hrs interrupted sleep I got earlier didn't do as much for me as I hoped and I'm beginning to drag a bit.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Okay. It looks a little odd because it's just on a white background. But here's the manip I did to put on the banner.
                    Whoa! That's really cool! Can't wait to see the final picture!

Comment

I'm right there with you, M. I'm starting to drag, too.

Comment

Whoa! That's really cool! Can't wait to see the final picture!
                        Thanks. I wanted Carson in period clothing (which I find really HOT, btw) but I wanted a specific expression on his face, too. So I just had to make it.

Comment

Edit: Wrong tags.
                          *deliberate repost of pic* I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! He just *thud-melt-resuscitate-thud again*....

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

*hugs Grace back* Take as long as you need. If you end up writing when you don't want to, it'll be your story that suffers. Though sometimes for me if I just throw myself into the deep end of my story and block out everything else, I lose myself in it and the words just flow.

Okay, that was probably a very unhelpful contradiction of advice. LOL *shrugs* At least I tried right??

*yawns* I might have to stop and actually go to bed for the night soon. The whole 4.5hrs interrupted sleep I got earlier didn't do as much for me as I hoped and I'm beginning to drag a bit.
                            Sleep well, M!

I'm not a natural writer, so I can't get lost in stories like that, I have a hard time concentrating for that long. I usually will be doing many different things while writing the story: FreeCell, GW, gimp, reading fanfic...

Comment

*deliberate repost of pic* I LIKE IT A LOT!!!! He just *thud-melt-resuscitate-thud again*....
                              Yeah. I was looking at period clothing for the banner and saw these shirts. And thought, "Carson + THAT shirt = *gasp, thud, happy sigh*"

Comment

Sleep well, M!

I'm not a natural writer, so I can't get lost in stories like that, I have a hard time concentrating for that long. I usually will be doing many different things while writing the story: FreeCell, GW, gimp, reading fanfic...
                                I'm not going yet.. It just may not be long before I am. I'm stubbornly trying to keep on writing. LOL I'm addicted to my own story and want more and more and more of it.

Most of the time when I'm writing I have: house work, dogs, kids, repeat - going on in the background making me feel like each section is choppy. When I have the time to just immerse is my favorite time to write hence why I don't want to go to bed right now.

Yeah. I was looking at period clothing for the banner and saw these shirts. And thought, "Carson + THAT shirt = *gasp, thud, happy sigh*"
                                *stutters* I just, he just, I, uh - *THUD*

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X