Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Understandable... Today's been.... rough (for lack of a better term cuz it could be worse) for us. I'm tempted to watch Season 3 of House just cuz, I'm sure watching Wilson get screwed by House because of Tritter (and vice versa) will help put things into perspective.
    I understand that. Some weeks ago, I told my husband I might just watch "Sunday" so I could have a reason to cry. He told me to go ahead, if that's what I needed. I managed to put all that off until this week.

On a happier note, I do have an idea for a fic for this week's challenge going through my head. Why, oh why, could it not have hit me on....say, Monday when I had time to get it written???

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      I understand that. Some weeks ago, I told my husband I might just watch "Sunday" so I could have a reason to cry. He told me to go ahead, if that's what I needed. I managed to put all that off until this week.

On a happier note, I do have an idea for a fic for this week's challenge going through my head. Why, oh why, could it not have hit me on....say, Monday when I had time to get it written???
      Cuz that would be too easy??

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

Cuz that would be too easy??
        Yeah, most likely. Unfortunately, this idea involves a USMC OC, and I'm not sure I could finish writing it before NaNo starts.

Comment

*chews lip* Should we leave the current challenge open until December so that those of us that are busy (like all of us lol) can have time to actually participate??

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

Yeah, most likely. Unfortunately, this idea involves a USMC OC, and I'm not sure I could finish writing it before NaNo starts.
            .... Uh... USMC?

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

*chews lip* Should we leave the current challenge open until December so that those of us that are busy (like all of us lol) can have time to actually participate??
              Might be a good idea, honestly. I'm just not sure how much of my life NaNo will take over.

Comment

.... Uh... USMC?
                US Marine Corp.

Comment

Might be a good idea, honestly. I'm just not sure how much of my life NaNo will take over.
                  I'm thinking so too.. I might go back (the twenty or thirty pages lol) and repost it (once a week), so that it's fresh in our minds just in case though but I think that extending it until the second week in December would be a good idea so that you might have time for a fic after NaNo.

US Marine Corp.
                  Ah, gotcha.

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

I'm thinking so too.. I might go back (the twenty or thirty pages lol) and repost it (once a week), so that it's fresh in our minds just in case though but I think that extending it until the second week in December would be a good idea so that you might have time for a fic after NaNo.

Ah, gotcha.
                    Well, this one is kind of a short fic. So I might try writing it tonight.

As far as USMC, I'm thinking....

Spoiler:
                    ....a lot less of an eccentric character than Laura Cadman was. She'd have the hard edge of the military, but she'd still be softer.....I hope that made sense.

Comment

Well, this one is kind of a short fic. So I might try writing it tonight.

As far as USMC, I'm thinking....

Spoiler:
                      ....a lot less of an eccentric character than Laura Cadman was. She'd have the hard edge of the military, but she'd still be softer.....I hope that made sense.
                      It did..

Y'know.. I think a great challenge for you (and all of us) would be to pick another author's writing style (including characterizations) and create a fic using that..

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

It did..

Y'know.. I think a great challenge for you (and all of us) would be to pick another author's writing style (including characterizations) and create a fic using that..
                        Hmm.....that would be a great challenge. Though, I'm not sure that's a week-long challenge. It would take time to pick an author, read his/her work, and then adapt.

Comment

Hmm.....that would be a great challenge. Though, I'm not sure that's a week-long challenge. It would take time to pick an author, read his/her work, and then adapt.
                          *shrugs* It was just an idea... Didn't necessarily plan on putting it into action cuz I think we'd need more authors participating in it to be fascinating - because then we could have it be kind of a "guess who wrote this" thing.. I was just thinking that I'd like to see you write a new type of female character - one who is the complete opposite of what you normally do.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

*shrugs* It was just an idea... Didn't necessarily plan on putting it into action cuz I think we'd need more authors participating in it to be fascinating - because then we could have it be kind of a "guess who wrote this" thing.. I was just thinking that I'd like to see you write a new type of female character - one who is the complete opposite of what you normally do.
                            Oh? And how would I do that? 'Cause I do try to make all my female OCs different.

Comment

Oh? And how would I do that? 'Cause I do try to make all my female OCs different.
                              No offense hon but to me, they all sound the same in basic character - hard, emotionally cold unless someone breaks through the barriers, distant, strong, independent. Now I'm not saying the females have to be these cowering things in the corner but it would be nice to see one who's unsure of herself, sweet and open, does everything with her heart and not her head.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

No offense hon but to me, they all sound the same in basic character - hard, emotionally cold unless someone breaks through the barriers, distant, strong, independent. Now I'm not saying the females have to be these cowering things in the corner but it would be nice to see one who's unsure of herself, sweet and open, does everything with her heart and not her head.
                                No offense taken. I asked.

Spoiler:
                                I see Alison the way you describe her, honestly. But, part of the reason there tend to be barriers with my characters is their surroundings. The only way I can figure to write someone like what you're describing (and I'd love to) is to either have her back on Earth or another planet.

I was thinking that this Marine, though, would be more along the open lines. I have this scene in mind where she loses it in the infirmary. Publicly. And Carson just sits down next to her and hugs her, giving her a shoulder to cry on. The idea was that they start a relationship then.....nothing too intense, but everyone knows they're dating. Then, he goes missing off world.

Comment

Working...
                                X