X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
    Then who would?
    Spoiler:
    Make up a doctor?? LOL You could always write it so that Jennifer stays behind rather than going on the ship and is therefore there to deliver the baby. I'm assuming that's the reason she isn't there right?

sigpic
    Coming January 2017

Comment

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
      Spoiler:
      Make up a doctor?? LOL You could always write it so that Jennifer stays behind rather than going on the ship and is therefore there to deliver the baby. I'm assuming that's the reason she isn't there right?
      Well, the reason she goes onto the ship in that two-parter is......

Spoiler:
      ........she's the one that developed the serum they want to convince Todd to take. She'd have to be there, unfortunately.

Oh!!! I could have Amanda Cole (the doctor from Sunday who had the migraine so Carson sent her home) deliver the baby!

Comment

Well, the reason she goes onto the ship in that two-parter is......

Spoiler:
        ........she's the one that developed the serum they want to convince Todd to take. She'd have to be there, unfortunately.

Oh!!! I could have Amanda Cole (the doctor from Sunday who had the migraine so Carson sent her home) deliver the baby!
        There you go!

sigpic
        Coming January 2017

Comment

There you go!
          It would be especially poignant for both of them.

Spoiler:
          What if Amanda has a background in OB? Carson and Jos could ask her to be their OB for the pregnancy, resulting in a sweet scene at the end of the story where Carson finally helps her get closure of her guilt over his death.

Comment

It would be especially poignant for both of them.

Spoiler:
            What if Amanda has a background in OB? Carson and Jos could ask her to be their OB for the pregnancy, resulting in a sweet scene at the end of the story where Carson finally helps her get closure of her guilt over his death.
            Spoiler:
            That sounds good. Closure is something that I think not only she would need but him too.

sigpic
            Coming January 2017

Comment

Agreed.

Okay, that's one problem solved for the story. I don't intend.....

Spoiler:
              .....to show the pregnancy. The story isn't about that. I'll just have the epilogue be the birth of their child.

Now, on to the other thing I wanted to ask about.

Spoiler:
              In Ch 4, I have Carson dragging the intruder out into the snow. Then, I just kind of not mention the guy again. Problem is that Carson wouldn't leave a guy out in the elements, no matter what he'd done. He respects life too much like to do that. So, my question is, what did Carson do with him?

My thought is that Jos has a small barn that houses chickens and a cow/goat for milk. Little stuff like that. And Carson tied the guy up there. But that leaves him close to come back and whump on them some more. See my problem? Not the whump, but the dilemma of keeping them intruder-free long enough to have some fluffy moments.

Comment

Agreed.

Okay, that's one problem solved for the story. I don't intend.....

Spoiler:
                .....to show the pregnancy. The story isn't about that. I'll just have the epilogue be the birth of their child.

Now, on to the other thing I wanted to ask about.

Spoiler:
                In Ch 4, I have Carson dragging the intruder out into the snow. Then, I just kind of not mention the guy again. Problem is that Carson wouldn't leave a guy out in the elements, no matter what he'd done. He respects life too much like to do that. So, my question is, what did Carson do with him?

My thought is that Jos has a small barn that houses chickens and a cow/goat for milk. Little stuff like that. And Carson tied the guy up there. But that leaves him close to come back and whump on them some more. See my problem? Not the whump, but the dilemma of keeping them intruder-free long enough to have some fluffy moments.
                Spoiler:
                I'm glad you don't intend on focusing on the pregnancy. Sorry but I don't find it interesting.

As for Chapter 4/5.. You could have him tie him up in the barn and every once in awhile go out and check to make sure he's secure so he doesn't get loose OR you could have the intruder decide it wasn't worth getting bashed in the head again to go back and he escapes to go home or you can have Carson keep him tied up until he's about to regain consciousness then release him near the gate where the intruder finds his way back home... Or you could have him break free, try again and this time someone accidentally kills him (Deidre or Carson).. I'm honestly not sure what to do with him and while I'm not crazy about any of my ideas I think the last one would be the best way to get rid of the intruder while adding more whump and angst... It might also serve as a way to bring Carson and Jos closer together.

sigpic
                Coming January 2017

Comment

Spoiler:
                  I'm glad you don't intend on focusing on the pregnancy. Sorry but I don't find it interesting.

As for Chapter 4/5.. You could have him tie him up in the barn and every once in awhile go out and check to make sure he's secure so he doesn't get loose OR you could have the intruder decide it wasn't worth getting bashed in the head again to go back and he escapes to go home or you can have Carson keep him tied up until he's about to regain consciousness then release him near the gate where the intruder finds his way back home... Or you could have him break free, try again and this time someone accidentally kills him (Deidre or Carson).. I'm honestly not sure what to do with him and while I'm not crazy about any of my ideas I think the last one would be the best way to get rid of the intruder while adding more whump and angst... It might also serve as a way to bring Carson and Jos closer together.
                  Hmmm......

Spoiler:
                  That last idea could work. I could have the guy come back to the home during the blizzard. I'm not sure if I want Diedre to kill the guy even if she's not in her right mind. Unless she does it to protect Carson. Though I'm loving the idea of the aftermath. Jos rushing to Carson, getting a hug, being fussed over, touching his beard. That could lead into when he shaves, which could actually start their relationship. Hmmm...... *goes to think for a few moments*

Comment

Hmmm......

Spoiler:
                    That last idea could work. I could have the guy come back to the home during the blizzard. I'm not sure if I want Diedre to kill the guy even if she's not in her right mind. Unless she does it to protect Carson. Though I'm loving the idea of the aftermath. Jos rushing to Carson, getting a hug, being fussed over, touching his beard. That could lead into when he shaves, which could actually start their relationship. Hmmm...... *goes to think for a few moments*
                    Spoiler:
                    Who would you have kill the guy? Or would you even kill him at all?

sigpic
                    Coming January 2017

Comment

See, I'm wanting to avoid killing the guy.

Spoiler:
                      I think it would break Carson mentally, especially since he's still recovering his memories. But getting rid of the guy is proving to be a problem.

Unless......what if Carson goes out to check on him occasionally? Only, one time he goes out to check, the guy is just gone. It's the middle of the blizzard, there's no tracks, and he hasn't come to the home. Jos tells Carson about the door upstairs, and they get it blocked, resulting in Carson's ankle being rather sore after the climb up and down the ladder.....

And they just don't know where the guy went. It could play into some ideas down the road. I'd have to do something to close down that storyline, but it would give me more time to think about it.

Comment

See, I'm wanting to avoid killing the guy.

Spoiler:
                        I think it would break Carson mentally, especially since he's still recovering his memories. But getting rid of the guy is proving to be a problem.

Unless......what if Carson goes out to check on him occasionally? Only, one time he goes out to check, the guy is just gone. It's the middle of the blizzard, there's no tracks, and he hasn't come to the home. Jos tells Carson about the door upstairs, and they get it blocked, resulting in Carson's ankle being rather sore after the climb up and down the ladder.....

And they just don't know where the guy went. It could play into some ideas down the road. I'd have to do something to close down that storyline, but it would give me more time to think about it.
                        Sounds good.
                        Spoiler:
                        I was thinking some something along the lines of Carson checking on him but I didn't know where to take it from there.

Poor Carson. He never gets time to rest his ankle does he? *looks innocently* Not that I've had any part in that. And not that I'm complaining really - I kinda like it. (Good Lord I'm sadistic sometimes!) If only massages helped soothe the pain from ankle injuries, you could have Jos give it a try. Okay, okay, I know you wouldn't do that - I'm just letting my mind run and wander. LOL

sigpic
                        Coming January 2017

Comment

Sounds good.
                          Spoiler:
                          I was thinking some something along the lines of Carson checking on him but I didn't know where to take it from there.

Poor Carson. He never gets time to rest his ankle does he? *looks innocently* Not that I've had any part in that. And not that I'm complaining really - I kinda like it. (Good Lord I'm sadistic sometimes!) If only massages helped soothe the pain from ankle injuries, you could have Jos give it a try. Okay, okay, I know you wouldn't do that - I'm just letting my mind run and wander. LOL
                          Why wouldn't she?

Spoiler:
                          Maybe her planet has some sort of herbal medication that acts a lot like Icy Hot or some such thing. She could be "applying" (a.k.a. massaging) it to Carson's ankle to help with pain relief. That way, HE could notice HER hands. And I could have it be Jos that INSISTS on doing something about that ankle since he won't stay off of it.

Comment

Why wouldn't she?

Spoiler:
                            Maybe her planet has some sort of herbal medication that acts a lot like Icy Hot or some such thing. She could be "applying" (a.k.a. massaging) it to Carson's ankle to help with pain relief. That way, HE could notice HER hands. And I could have it be Jos that INSISTS on doing something about that ankle since he won't stay off of it.
                            Aww.
                            Spoiler:
                            Now I'm satisfied. I like the idea of Jos demanding that he rest the ankle and trying to make him feel better by applying the ointment to, working her fingers in circular motions around the joint and into the bottom of his foot to help relax the stressed muscles, adjusting her pressure according to his show of pain... *blinks* What? Huh, oh sorry got lost there for a moment. LOL

sigpic
                            Coming January 2017

Comment

Aww.
                              Spoiler:
                              Now I'm satisfied. I like the idea of Jos demanding that he rest the ankle and trying to make him feel better by applying the ointment to, working her fingers in circular motions around the joint and into the bottom of his foot to help relax the stressed muscles, adjusting her pressure according to his show of pain... *blinks* What? Huh, oh sorry got lost there for a moment. LOL

Comin' right up in Ch 5.

Ooh!

Spoiler:
                              What if, when he goes to check the intruder and finds him missing, he turns his ankle on the way to or from the barn? Then, he doesn't mention it and climbs to the loft to help her move furniture around. Then, on the way back down, he steps down wrong and just freezes in place. Jos says something along the lines of, "Alright, that does it! Sit!" And, rather than some smart remark, Carson says, "Aye, I think that's a good idea." I could use this to show how Diedre is warming to Carson because the couch is next to her bedroom door. And she could watch carefully but not panic when she sees that Carson isn't going into her room. Just to the couch.

Comment

Comin' right up in Ch 5.

Ooh!

Spoiler:
                                What if, when he goes to check the intruder and finds him missing, he turns his ankle on the way to or from the barn? Then, he doesn't mention it and climbs to the loft to help her move furniture around. Then, on the way back down, he steps down wrong and just freezes in place. Jos says something along the lines of, "Alright, that does it! Sit!" And, rather than some smart remark, Carson says, "Aye, I think that's a good idea." I could use this to show how Diedre is warming to Carson because the couch is next to her bedroom door. And she could watch carefully but not panic when she sees that Carson isn't going into her room. Just to the couch.
                                I LOVE IT!!!!! *happy dances* Yay yay yay yay!
                                Spoiler:
                                I love the idea of Carson constantly hurting the ankle and ignoring it each time in favor of helping Jos. I love that she gets fed up with seeing him in pain and demands that he sits down and allows her to help - it helps show how much she's growing to care for him and (maybe?) finds it both annoying and curious that seeing him hurt sends little ripples of pain through her heart. I like the idea of slowly showing Deidre warming up to him. *claps gleefully*

sigpic
                                Coming January 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X