Carson Beckett Challenges and Fun

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by m&mnm317 View Post
    Couldn't you manipulate the color of the castle so that it looks more stone-like hence giving you the colors that you want? Or maybe even doing it B&W or greyscale?

I thought you liked the Captured in/by ATAP - did you decide to try something different?

PS - You should post the new BtS stuff in the Artwork thread. Continue to show off your talent.
    I might try that, since the castle is really kind of magical to me, the path leading to something. Though there's not a castle in ATAP.

I will post them, unless you want to. Right now, I got the wild hair to use a tutorial and make a wallie. It's Carson, so I'll post it here when I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by ladygris View Post
      I might try that, since the castle is really kind of magical to me, the path leading to something. Though there's not a castle in ATAP.

I will post them, unless you want to. Right now, I got the wild hair to use a tutorial and make a wallie. It's Carson, so I'll post it here when I'm done.
      It's your work, you should post it. Yay for a Carson wallie!! I'm excited to see it.

Hey, there could be a castle in ATAP, you never know. It could be on the complete opposite side of the planet or even on a neighboring one. Josahlyn isn't exactly equipped with good traveling gear.

sigpic
      Coming January 2017

Comment

It's your work, you should post it. Yay for a Carson wallie!! I'm excited to see it.

Hey, there could be a castle in ATAP, you never know. It could be on the complete opposite side of the planet or even on a neighboring one. Josahlyn isn't exactly equipped with good traveling gear.
        Hmmm.....there is that.

Okay, let's think this through.
        Spoiler:
        I'm thinking of making the raiders become a much larger part of the plot. More organized. What if they're actually soldiers who have gone AWOL, more or less, from the castle on the other side of the mountains? No, not liking that idea.

Hmmmm........

Comment

Hmmm.....there is that.

Okay, let's think this through.
          Spoiler:
          I'm thinking of making the raiders become a much larger part of the plot. More organized. What if they're actually soldiers who have gone AWOL, more or less, from the castle on the other side of the mountains? No, not liking that idea.

Hmmmm........
          What if..
          Spoiler:
          they are villagers of another planet whose homes had been destroyed by the Wraith? They left their world to find a better place only to become stranded on whatever planet Jos and Carson are on. They live in a castle far, far away and the bandits are a small team that have been sent to provide for the rest.

What do you think??

sigpic
          Coming January 2017

Comment

What if..
            Spoiler:
            they are villagers of another planet whose homes had been destroyed by the Wraith? They left their world to find a better place only to become stranded on whatever planet Jos and Carson are on. They live in a castle far, far away and the bandits are a small team that have been sent to provide for the rest.

What do you think??
            That could work.

Spoiler:
            However, if I'm going to have Carson and Jos visit the castle, it has to be close but not too close. Though, with her people abandoning the planet, their arrival and subsequent inhabitation of the castle ruins wouldn't be noticed.

Comment

That could work.

Spoiler:
              However, if I'm going to have Carson and Jos visit the castle, it has to be close but not too close. Though, with her people abandoning the planet, their arrival and subsequent inhabitation of the castle ruins wouldn't be noticed.
              Spoiler:
              Why would they visit the castle? Do the bandits come back and take them both? One as punishment one for "play"? Or should we just include the castle in the version of a late night story told one night during the storm?

sigpic
              Coming January 2017

Comment

Spoiler:
                Why would they visit the castle? Do the bandits come back and take them both? One as punishment one for "play"? Or should we just include the castle in the version of a late night story told one night during the storm?
                Spoiler:
                Oooh! I like the castle as being more of a story. Maybe, after Jos has recovered from the shock, she and Carson start sharing stories of their respective childhoods. I can look up a Scottish tale and then Jos could tell him about the castle and the legends. Maybe the legend I mentioned at the beginning (the one where the lucky girl finds her "prince charming" in the forest) has the castle in it. I could have them tell each other the stories after their "sparks fly," leaving them both intrigued with the other.

Comment

Spoiler:
                  Oooh! I like the castle as being more of a story. Maybe, after Jos has recovered from the shock, she and Carson start sharing stories of their respective childhoods. I can look up a Scottish tale and then Jos could tell him about the castle and the legends. Maybe the legend I mentioned at the beginning (the one where the lucky girl finds her "prince charming" in the forest) has the castle in it. I could have them tell each other the stories after their "sparks fly," leaving them both intrigued with the other.
                  Spoiler:
                  I like that idea better that way you can keep the drama low in the story and have things seem a bit more magical-like

sigpic
                  Coming January 2017

Comment

Exactly.

Spoiler:
                    But the castle plays a huge role because it is, in essence, what happens to the two of them.

Comment

Exactly.

Spoiler:
                      But the castle plays a huge role because it is, in essence, what happens to the two of them.
                      They become abandoned? LOL J/K

sigpic
                      Coming January 2017

Comment

No. They met like the old legends.

Comment

OH! Okay.

sigpic
                          Coming January 2017

Comment

Off the topic of stories, this wallie is coming out PHENOMENAL!!!

Comment

Off the topic of stories, this wallie is coming out PHENOMENAL!!!
                              Fantastic! I can't wait to see it.

BtS beginning.. What do you think? It's kinda long so if you're busy, you can wait.

Spoiler:
                              Part X

The following week brought more snow to the already snow covered planet. Carson stood in front of the door staring longingly out the window as he watched the white flakes come steadily down. No wind swept through the trees giving the outside air a sense of calm that he knew couldn’t last. The clouds above were dark and foreboding promising harsher weather in the future. He hoped it would end by the day after tomorrow since he was scheduled to go back to Atlantis for a check-up but he wasn’t hopeful. It seemed that the storms, whether they were winter or otherwise, lasted longer on Hoa than they did on any other planet that he’d been to. In truth he wasn’t all that worried about going to Atlantis. The only reason he looked forward to it was that it meant he could get out and about for a bit.

Lansiah was upstairs getting ready to check on Sascha’s cold and Carson wished he could go with her. Restlessness had begun to attack him the more days he spent inside the cottage. He loved being with Lansiah but there were only so many days that a person could be cooped up in a house before they longed to see the outdoors again. But he knew that trying to walk in icy, slippery snow that easily hid holes would be a bad idea right now so he’d reluctantly agreed to remain behind while she made the short trip.

He hadn’t mentioned the tunnels to her yet, though he knew that they both could make the journey over to Garleth’s using them hence relieving some of his restless energy. But he didn’t want to make her feel like she was being attacked by his almost challenging inquiry and he wasn’t sure he was even supposed to know about them. It was hard to remain silent and keep that he knew a secret but he figured she’d mention them to him when she felt like it.

Footsteps sounded from behind him and he turned around to find Lansiah coming down the stairs, her winter cloak trailing behind her on the stairs dragging some dust with it. She carried a covered basket that Carson knew she used to hold her healing supplies and her hand was currently rifling through it while she looked for something. Her hair was tied into a tight, untidy braid which fell over her right shoulder as her head bent down to look at the basket.

“I believe I have everything,” she mumbled to herself. The worry in her voice did nothing to hide the agitation she felt. It wasn’t her first time performing a follow-up on a patient but it was her first time doing it to a patient that originally wanted Carson – a fact that he knew made her nervous.

Carson walked over to Lansiah, favoring his right leg only slightly. The colder weather and oncoming storm had begun to make his knee ache, making it give a bone-deep throb with every step he made. He grabbed the sides of her arms, slowly pulling her into a hug that grew more comfortable when she stopped fidgeting. “You’ll be fine love,” he assured into her ear. He heaved a great sigh, peering out the window. “You better get going before the next storm comes.”

“Aye,” Lansiah responded blushing in embarrassment. Clearly he’s either been saying that too much or she’s been hanging around him too much. “I think I should go. I’ll see you when I get back. Please-”

“-I know, try to take it easy,” Carson intoned for her with a loving sigh. “I’ll be fine.”

She smiled at him then disappeared out the door. Once she’d gone, Carson ran his hands together then went in search of a broom. He had work to do.

sigpic
                              Coming January 2017

Comment

Fantastic! I can't wait to see it.

BtS beginning.. What do you think? It's kinda long so if you're busy, you can wait.

Spoiler:
                                Part X

The following week brought more snow to the already snow covered planet. Carson stood in front of the door staring longingly out the window as he watched the white flakes come steadily down. No wind swept through the trees giving the outside air a sense of calm that he knew couldn’t last. The clouds above were dark and foreboding promising harsher weather in the future. He hoped it would end by the day after tomorrow since he was scheduled to go back to Atlantis for a check-up but he wasn’t hopeful. It seemed that the storms, whether they were winter or otherwise, lasted longer on Hoa than they did on any other planet that he’d been to. In truth he wasn’t all that worried about going to Atlantis. The only reason he looked forward to it was that it meant he could get out and about for a bit.

Lansiah was upstairs getting ready to check on Sascha’s cold and Carson wished he could go with her. Restlessness had begun to attack him the more days he spent inside the cottage. He loved being with Lansiah but there were only so many days that a person could be cooped up in a house before they longed to see the outdoors again. But he knew that trying to walk in icy, slippery snow that easily hid holes would be a bad idea right now so he’d reluctantly agreed to remain behind while she made the short trip.

He hadn’t mentioned the tunnels to her yet, though he knew that they both could make the journey over to Garleth’s using them hence relieving some of his restless energy. But he didn’t want to make her feel like she was being attacked by his almost challenging inquiry and he wasn’t sure he was even supposed to know about them. It was hard to remain silent and keep that he knew a secret but he figured she’d mention them to him when she felt like it.

Footsteps sounded from behind him and he turned around to find Lansiah coming down the stairs, her winter cloak trailing behind her on the stairs dragging some dust with it. She carried a covered basket that Carson knew she used to hold her healing supplies and her hand was currently rifling through it while she looked for something. Her hair was tied into a tight, untidy braid which fell over her right shoulder as her head bent down to look at the basket.

“I believe I have everything,” she mumbled to herself. The worry in her voice did nothing to hide the agitation she felt. It wasn’t her first time performing a follow-up on a patient but it was her first time doing it to a patient that originally wanted Carson – a fact that he knew made her nervous.

Carson walked over to Lansiah, favoring his right leg only slightly. The colder weather and oncoming storm had begun to make his knee ache, making it give a bone-deep throb with every step he made. He grabbed the sides of her arms, slowly pulling her into a hug that grew more comfortable when she stopped fidgeting. “You’ll be fine love,” he assured into her ear. He heaved a great sigh, peering out the window. “You better get going before the next storm comes.”

“Aye,” Lansiah responded blushing in embarrassment. Clearly he’s either been saying that too much or she’s been hanging around him too much. “I think I should go. I’ll see you when I get back. Please-”

“-I know, try to take it easy,” Carson intoned for her with a loving sigh. “I’ll be fine.”

She smiled at him then disappeared out the door. Once she’d gone, Carson ran his hands together then went in search of a broom. He had work to do.
                                I. Love. It.

Spoiler:
                                Especially love her slip of the tongue and saying "Aye." So true to life! I even find myself wanting to talk like him after listening to the show for a long time.

Comment

Working...
                                X