Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So are any of you creative types working on some sigs to get the word out? I'm thinking if someone designed a cool slogan "Gateword Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season 1" and updated it each month than we could paste that onto our own custom screen shots from that season. Just a thought, my current sig shows the limits of my abilities.
    sigpic

Comment

This is great news. When SGU Season 2 ended I slowly drifted away from Gateworld, from a combination of disappointment with MGM and with Stargate ending for an unknown period of time. This get together convinced me to finish my collection of SG1 since I was missing the last three seasons of the series. Instead I bought the SG1 Collectors Edition and gave my Season 1-7 discs to a few friends so they can they watch along.

Thank you Gateworld for restoring my interest and allowing my buddies to witness the entirety of Stargate together. It should be a blast. (:

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
        So are any of you creative types working on some sigs to get the word out? I'm thinking if someone designed a cool slogan "Gateword Stargate Rewatch: SG-1 Season 1" and updated it each month than we could paste that onto our own custom screen shots from that season. Just a thought, my current sig shows the limits of my abilities.
        Darren proposed an art contest a while back. I've been wanting to make something, but I've been waiting for my new computer (just arrived yesterday) and I have to finish school (last class for my masters). Unfortunately, I won't be done with my semester until the end of July. (I also have some art commitments for the S/J Ship Day on July 28.) I do have plans to make some art for the rewatch, but it will likely be after it's already begun in August. That's just the way RL goes sometimes.

Comment

I watched the original movie today on TV and I'm now just in the right mood to start the rewatch! Hm, I'll be away one week in August, so maybe I might start a bit earlier...

BTW, great idea, the rewatch!
          sigpic

Comment

We could still REALLY do with some professional-quality artwork and a logo for the Stargate Rewatch, if anyone out there wants to lend their skills ...
            GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
            The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
            Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
              We could still REALLY do with some professional-quality artwork and a logo for the Stargate Rewatch, if anyone out there wants to lend their skills ...
              design specs?

Comment

Originally posted by Darren View Post
                I love that kinda stuff. I'd be happy to do it. I have some ideas. I can even take more ideas from you or even other Gateworlders and do it myself in addition to the ideas I already have.

Comment

I have nothing in mind for specs. Key art that could be used in banners, sigs, avatars, etc. -- i.e. both wide rectangle and square designs.

For a logo, something simple and easy for members to affix to their own sig, Web site, avatar, et al.

Thanks, gang!
                  GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                  The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                  Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

I'm in.

Comment

Just found this great website, and this forum. I recently discovered the awesomeness that is Stargate, and am in the middle of my own marathon. I am almost complete the 9th season of SG-1, and well through season 1 of SGU. I plan to continue watching this way, and once SG-1 is completed, move on to Atlantis from there.

I will most likely have completed all the episodes before August, but I will watch this thread to reminisce a little.

Comment

Originally posted by nav13eh View Post
                        Just found this great website, and this forum. I recently discovered the awesomeness that is Stargate, and am in the middle of my own marathon. I am almost complete the 9th season of SG-1, and well through season 1 of SGU. I plan to continue watching this way, and once SG-1 is completed, move on to Atlantis from there.

I will most likely have completed all the episodes before August, but I will watch this thread to reminisce a little.
                        Welcome! I only discovered Stargate about 2 years ago. I love Atlantis too (Hopefully you will enjoy it as well!). Enjoy! and enjoy the site, lots of great information and people on here!
                        Enjoying the Stargate Re-Watch Event: "This should not get old, General!"

Noxbait's Fan Fiction

Comment

Not long now!

I'll have fun trying to try and catch the differences between the original Children of the Gods and the remastered one. I seem to miss stuff and find it amazing to read about the things people see that I've never noticed before!

Comment

Can't wait for the rewatch. i needed a good excuses to become a stargate obsessive again.
                            sigpic
                            Leeds Rhinos - 1961, 1969, 1972, 2004, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2011, 2012 and 2015 champions!
                            Metal gear fan

Comment

I've been considering doing this too. I'm getting quite enthusiastic about it now.
                              I do have a barely used LiveJournal account, maybe I'll say something about each episode there, as is one of the suggestions on the Rewatch page. I just can't decide whether to use that account or to make a special one just for this. (If I'm allowed to do that. I haven't found out yet.)
                              "Thanks to denial, I'm immortal."
                              "A big 'Hello' to all intelligent life out there, and for everyone else, the secret is to bang the rocks together, guys!"
                              "Excuse me, barmaid? You seem to have brought me the wrong offspring. I ordered an extra large boy with beefy arms, extra guts and glory on the side. This here, this is a talking fishbone!"
                              "I'm Jack. It means... what's in the box?"

sigpic
                              >-- Czechs Rock! >--

Comment

I joined the forum sometime last year but never got around to posting. I have returned to say how excited I am for this rewatch. I also hope to contribute a lot more to the forum from here on.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X