Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like I havent watched any of this since going on holiday and starting my new job, did a run of early season 5 over the last few days, come on here and your all still behind and it feels like I havent watched anything in months lol..

Comment

I started season 4 last night
      sigpic
      My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
      poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Is the rewatch dwindling? I'm currently watching Season 4 of SG: Atlantis, episode "Midway", and I haven't seen many comments in the thread discussions.
        Calculus and Alcohol don't mix. Never drink and derive.

Comment

I already started season 5 because my sister & mother are doing a rewatch of their own and are already up to the end of season 3 so I had to finish up season 4 lol
          sigpic
          My Favorite Scifi/Fantasy T.V. Shows, Movies, Franchises, My Sports Teams & My Fav Sitcom
          poundpuppy29 AKA Erika = Astrology Nut, Scifi-Fantasy Junkie & Massachusetts Girl

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
            Is the rewatch dwindling? I'm currently watching Season 4 of SG: Atlantis, episode "Midway", and I haven't seen many comments in the thread discussions.
            *hangs head in shame* I stumbled somewhere around S8 of SG1 and was left on the sidelines, gasping for air.
            sigpic
            sig by Ikorni

"When Colonel Maybourne and yourself were stranded off world, Major Carter felt a similar sense of frustration. She despaired at the thought of never seeing you again." ~Teal'c
            "I didn't leave,because I'd have rather died myself,than lose Carter." ~Jack O'Neill

SaraBahama FanFic; AO3

Comment

im suprised they haven't put up the voting for atlantis season four yet.

Comment

I'm waiting for the voting too!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mathpiglet View Post
                  It's not dwindling, Me, Abados, Krisz, Jelgate, Matt G, Lieutenant Sparrow, Joe Mallozzi are still kicking; posting review/discussion/analysis in our own respective ways. Jae'a is still kicking (near the end of Season 3) but I find it sad she's so far behind, especially considering her interesting blog posts and comparisons to Red Dwarf. (I really hope she catches up. )
                  Back from the grave.

Comment

Well this just sucks - the only season worth my vote and I miss out...damn...wish there was more notice elsewhere...I don't usually go to the gW front page - damn...not happy. Guess this will be my last vote - I'm done with the whole rewatch - it's just got too tiresome.
                    My face eps are Trio, Adrift & Tabula Rasa...tho the whole of season 4 was brilliant...for me, the best season. Of course season 5 was brilliant too...too bad they canned it after season 5.
                    Have fun voting.
                    "Live Peace - Speak Kindness - Dwell in Possibility"
                    Hug Your Loved Ones!!
                    ~Amanda Tapping

Comment

Originally posted by Chelle DB View Post
                      Well this just sucks - the only season worth my vote and I miss out...damn...wish there was more notice elsewhere...I don't usually go to the gW front page - damn...not happy. Guess this will be my last vote - I'm done with the whole rewatch - it's just got too tiresome.
                      They haven't actually started the poll yet; usually there'd be something on the front page or a post from Darren himself on the nominations page detailing the ballot and choices. It's odd he hasn't started it yet, considering we're reaching the end of September; we could only hope he starts the poll eventually and gives the people a reasonable amount of time to vote but for now, don't worry... You'll still get a chance to vote.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

I think Darren's just been busy in RL,so I'm sure he'll catch up and put the Main Poll for S4 of SGA up on the GW Homepage soon.

(Chelle,I think there's a good chance your faves will be represented ,going by the Poll here :Link)

Edit : A couple of ways to make sure you ( that generalised "you") don't miss the Rewatch Polls or other GW features : Subscribe via RSS Feed to this forum section ,or if you have Twitter,either do a quicksearch for Gw Tweets ,Gateworld rewatch ,or "follow" the site.
                        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

As a matter of interest I went back to have a look at how many comments and people there were for the start of the re-watch. It seems there are fewer people now, many seemed only to watch SG-1 and even then disappeared by the end of season 1. At least there is still a bunch of us who have stuck around and it's been great reading everyone's views and see what aspects of the series' they enjoy, or not, as the case may be!

The open mind approach has helped get me through SGA, but not so much for season 4. It seems to have the greatest number of boring episodes for me, mainly because they are character moment ones, and I still can't say that I have really taken to any of the characters enough to make those episodes meaningful to me. Sam is a totally different character here, I appreciate that she is in a command position, but I do miss her bubbly eager to discover approach. At times it feels like she's out of place, never quite fitting in.

I am enjoying the action adventure parts, the special effects are wonderful, especially space battles. Atlantis flying through space and going through the asteroid belt was a great moment. I think Todd the Wraith has stolen the show for me, the only character that is really entertaining for me every time he appears, making all around him more fun to watch with the way they interact with him.

There is still loads of the Stargate humour, and that is good, SGA does have some great comedic moments. Sheppard and McKay in the row boat in 'Doppelganger' and the clown just sitting there is one that really made me laugh, a great dream sequence.

So, even though I still am not really a fan of SGA it would have been unfair to dismiss it completely on not being as engaging for me as SG-1 and SGU, there are some great moments in it. After all, one of my top five episodes of all Stargate comes from SGA. I will post my all time top five Stargate episodes at the end of the rewatch, seems fitting.

Comment

i noticed the nominations for best episode that got the most votes on the poll were The Last Man, Be All My Sins Remember'd and Adrift.

Comment

The ballot should be up today (late tonight, UK time), if all goes well on my end.

I've been finishing my dissertation this week, so it's kind of a miracle that it's getting done at all.
                              GateWorld Podcast - Info - iTunes - Google
                              The Stargate Omnipedia - www.StargateOmnipedia.com
                              Stargate Image Gallery - www.StargateGallery.com

Comment

Originally posted by Krisz View Post
                                As a matter of interest I went back to have a look at how many comments and people there were for the start of the re-watch. It seems there are fewer people now, many seemed only to watch SG-1 and even then disappeared by the end of season 1. At least there is still a bunch of us who have stuck around and it's been great reading everyone's views and see what aspects of the series' they enjoy, or not, as the case may be!

The open mind approach has helped get me through SGA, but not so much for season 4. It seems to have the greatest number of boring episodes for me, mainly because they are character moment ones, and I still can't say that I have really taken to any of the characters enough to make those episodes meaningful to me. Sam is a totally different character here, I appreciate that she is in a command position, but I do miss her bubbly eager to discover approach. At times it feels like she's out of place, never quite fitting in.

I am enjoying the action adventure parts, the special effects are wonderful, especially space battles. Atlantis flying through space and going through the asteroid belt was a great moment. I think Todd the Wraith has stolen the show for me, the only character that is really entertaining for me every time he appears, making all around him more fun to watch with the way they interact with him.

There is still loads of the Stargate humour, and that is good, SGA does have some great comedic moments. Sheppard and McKay in the row boat in 'Doppelganger' and the clown just sitting there is one that really made me laugh, a great dream sequence.

So, even though I still am not really a fan of SGA it would have been unfair to dismiss it completely on not being as engaging for me as SG-1 and SGU, there are some great moments in it. After all, one of my top five episodes of all Stargate comes from SGA. I will post my all time top five Stargate episodes at the end of the rewatch, seems fitting.
                                Sam was one of the most brilliant minds on the planet, out problem solving McKay in SG-1. While I understand the need to allow McKay to be the hero/brain on his own show, I believe the writers missed the entire mark of what they were trying to do in bringing over a beloved character to solidify SG-1 loyal fans to embrace Atlantis. Talk about a missed opportunity! How great would it have been to have McKay bouncing ideas (or running them by Sam) and the potential for their disagreeing and bickering before deciding on a course of action. They could have incorporated more of Szelenka siding with either of them. Big Fun. IMO they reduced Sam to ONLY commanding officer whereas in the past, she was an awesome balance of scientist/officer. Even Weir was allowed to keep and utilize her skills as a negotiator. I don't know why they bothered to bring Sam to Atlantis

I did enjoy her tearing Adam Beach (can't think of characters' name) a new one for disrespecting Rodney. And I loved her interaction with Teal'c and Ronan, but other than that it was a wasted opportunity.
                                sigpicRamonaThePest (you know, Henry Huggins' friend)

Comment

Working...
                                X